SubStanding (Extended)

Apps SubStanding (Extended) 2.16

Login or Register an account to download this content
AW939 updated SubStanding (Extended) with a new update entry:

Class Configuration using MapDisplay (Extended) v4

With the MapDisplay (Extended) v4, the class configuration has become a lot easier, which even helps SubStanding users. You can easily set up all classes in game and export the results to SubStanding.

View attachment 665414

You don't have to have MapDisplay active all the time, you could also only use it to set up your SubStanding classes if you like (but the update has also greatly...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Amazing app! About the relative, would it be possible to show more than one tenth of a second when it comes to the gap? Like a thousand? This 3.789s, instead of this 3.7s?

Thank you very much!
I don't think the estimations are accurate enough for this to bring any benefit, so it's not planned. It's quite some time ago, but I think I tested it and with the delayed updates for performance reasons it was more confusing than helpful

Amazing upgrade on the map. Do you plan on doing the same upgrade to substanding?
Thanks first of all!
It's currently not planned for SubStanding, as in general the performance is a little better in SubStanding than it was for MapDisplay (it's still not good, and there's a lot of room for improvement, I know), but it would be way more effort, since the code is more complex.
So currently I still don't plan to do this. Maybe at some point in the future, but I wouldn't bet on it

Last edited:
I don't think the estimations are accurate enough for this to bring any benefit, so it's not planned. It's quite some time ago, but I think I tested it and with the delayed updates for performance reasons it was more confusing than helpful

Thanks first of all!
It's currently not planned for SubStanding, as in general the performance is a little better in SubStanding than it was for MapDisplay (it's still not good, and there's a lot of room for improvement, I know), but it would be way more effort, since the code is more complex.
So currently I still don't plan to do this. Maybe at some point in the future, but I wouldn't bet on it
Thank you very much for your answer!!

First off, I absolutely adore this app. Going to leave a 5* review here in a sec. The ease of use with MapDisplay makes this an absolute dream.

I love the idea of the mini skin, but seeing if there is a way that the 'mini skin' displayed can be a different file than preview.jpg. I'm a bit OCD with my AC and I have a preview that doesn't really look good in the substanding app, but look great when selecting the screen. Is there a way that we can customize what 'mini-skin' picks so I can either make a seperate spotter image in the skin folder or put in the team logo for stuff like the RSS Car packs? ACTV Competizione has a similar feature. If it's too niche, no biggie!

First off, I absolutely adore this app. Going to leave a 5* review here in a sec. The ease of use with MapDisplay makes this an absolute dream.

I love the idea of the mini skin, but seeing if there is a way that the 'mini skin' displayed can be a different file than preview.jpg. I'm a bit OCD with my AC and I have a preview that doesn't really look good in the substanding app, but look great when selecting the screen. Is there a way that we can customize what 'mini-skin' picks so I can either make a seperate spotter image in the skin folder or put in the team logo for stuff like the RSS Car packs? ACTV Competizione has a similar feature. If it's too niche, no biggie!
Hi, thanks for the review!

It's possible to name this file one of
  1. preview_mini.png
  2. preview_mini.jpg
  3. preview.png
  4. preview.jpg
This is also the detection order, so it picks whatever is found first in that order. Hope this helps your cause!

Last edited:
AW939 updated SubStanding (Extended) with a new update entry:

V2.16

• prevent multiple resets on all standing cars in a row (will reduce CPU load while cars are on the grid)
  • reduce lag spikes by distributing row data updates over update interval (See attached gif, configurable using "Flatten Updates")

Flatten Updates
Parts of the calculations and data updates are now done in smaller batches, rather than all at once to reduce maximum single frame times. This should not affect the average calculation time overall, but flatten the CPU...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello.

In the relative the colors do not appear as they should, they are always white. Color Distance is set to zero, and colors are left unchanged at their default values (00ff77 for behind, ff7700 for ahead, etc)
Is there something I could be doing wrong? Thanks

Hello.

In the relative the colors do not appear as they should, they are always white. Color Distance is set to zero, and colors are left unchanged at their default values (00ff77 for behind, ff7700 for ahead, etc)
Is there something I could be doing wrong? Thanks

Hi @Borrer0,

with the default configuration it should look like the following screenshot in the relative. Does it do that for you?
1690921036534.png

But the interval colors are only in the relative (middle column in the screenshot), not in Global/Class/Model standings.

Otherwise you could maybe share your settings, then I can try to reproduce it. The values you've described should be the only ones required

Hi @Borrer0,

with the default configuration it should look like the following screenshot in the relative. Does it do that for you?
View attachment 684582
But the interval colors are only in the relative (middle column in the screenshot), not in Global/Class/Model standings.

Otherwise you could maybe share your settings, then I can try to reproduce it. The values you've described should be the only ones required

Sorry, it was my fault.

It is in the interval values where the colors are, which I had hidden, and not in the gap to first values, which was where I was trying to see them. :sleep:

Last edited:
hello - I have installed the app and set hack - but in game right at the apps nothing appears I can not add them - lg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your "extended" apps a lot. But last online race I noticed something was off during the race. Based on the track the other cars seemed to be a lot closer than what the relative was telling me. I would have thought nothing of it, but someone made a protest against me when I did not let them pass soon enough (it's a very ehm rare situation I get lapped :-D )

While checking the replay I noticed relative showed the gap between me and other cars differently from the built in realtime app. As I only use substanding at the moment instead of realtime it would be nice if the gaps would be the same.

Or maybe there was some setting that skews the times one way or the other? Or maybe the replay is not giving the right data (despite I thought the gap times are not right during the race either). As you can see from the image the difference is in order of magnitude different

1698700649934.png

Last edited:
Hello AW939
First of all I wish you a happy New Year.
Some time ago I had the following request:
would it be possible to color the Gap information according to the value change? (Gap number goes green* when gaps with drivers ahead decrease or gaps with drivers behind increase and goes red* in opposite case). Could be the text color or a background color to make it compatible with other text color functions.
* green and red are just examples, configurable colors would be great ;-)
In the mean time I have somehow "hacked" your app to make it behave the way I wanted: in the Relative display the gap information is colored according to the change in value.
I changed as little as I could to your code, especially because my python skills are extremely limited (and your coding is much too clever for me, but I learned a lot from it). As far as I tested I did not break any feature of your app (but my testing has been limited).
If you are interested to review and possibly integrate my changes do not hesitate to let me know I will gladly share my little work.
Thanks again for a great app.

Hi m8 great work, would it be possible to trigger one read from shared memory upon entering a server ? seems the tower standings only starts recording and showing stuff that happens after you enter so it is never in sync with the real table times unless they happen after you are on the server.

Last edited:
Great work, can you add a option to show the position in class rather than global in the relative tower? In multiclass racing we are likely to focus on position in class rather than in global.

Performance is very good atm, if only you updated the values once we enter the server would be super m8 :) quite confusing to see an empty standing if we enter after people did some times already, also a pitty that AC doesnt update the flags for people entering after us but thats on AC.

BTW when i mean updates its on the tables the values for session best lap and lastlap, i think shared memory already has this when you enter no ?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea