13. Maciej Strzeboński
  14. RainhamIron
  15. Maciej Bekas
  16. Marco Antonio Rodriguez - BMW M8 GTE
  17. Theo van den Brink
  18. Driver Slot
  19. Driver Slot
  20. kimi hunt - BMW M8 GTE (?)

Not sure if this works - but track change due to tech issues, now Sao Paulo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same numerous disconnections here.

I've never driven Interlagos before and do not think a multi-class race in a LMP2 is a safe place for me to start.

Thanks for your efforts @Daiman Patel Who'd be an event organiser!!

Could it be the skins causing problems?

On tuesday I had issues but removing all cars except the vec ones I could load the track and do some laps. Today I was after clearing cbash and shaders after the updates able to join again but particularly when hitting escape I tended to crash. Probably when the game was trying to load new skins. Changing from lan to 256 kb seem to increase my odds to survive maybe due to not loading the skins?

Apologies for bailing out, but I'm not exactly a fan of the Sao Paulo/LMP2 combo, and throw in multiclass and time progression and it just became increasingly too frustrating (for me) and too dangerous (for others) to continue.

Thanks for the race, though.

I had a great race with Marco with me leading the first half and then losing a place to Marco after pitting . I was losing a lot exiting the last corner so i could not really attack at the end of the race but Marco misjudged the last lap of the race and i have got a lucky win. Anyway great race Marco and all .
I usually race with triples but after i have noticed some improvements with VR i decided to try. Oh boy this was so brain and eyes demanding. I was having vision problems from time to time and had to often lift the set off my head on the straight to refresh my eyes lol. It was still fun though
Congr to all winners
and thank you

I had an enjoyable race chasing the two GTE leaders. They turned out to be a little too quick for me and eventually I was half-focussed on talking and half-focussed on racing. Not ideal for performance, but great to have a good time.

Thanks for organizing!

Was definitely a fun event, shame about the issues with road America but a good substitute event.

Think I definitely need to talk less lol I'm sure hearing me jabber on can get annoying

Thanks to everyone who took part!

Well, what can I say except that the start of this event (and as well as the time leading up to the start) was an unmitigated disaster... and for this I can only apologise. :unsure: Unfortunately I did not foresee the issues with the track - there was no feedback during the week to report any (significant) problems, but admittedly and more importantly I did not test the track either due to a lack of time so I take full responsibility for the trouble that this caused. In hindsight, after the problems were reported regarding the version of the track that I had initially planned to use, I probably ought to have changed the venue completely instead of switching to a version of the track that has not been used in quite some time. The second version of the track is rather old - it has not been updated in at least 2 years - so the reason for the specular artefacts was obvious. And I think that the track can also be attributed to a number of the game crashes; I now remember what I did to solve this problem when I came across it a few weeks ago with another outdated track mod - I cleared the contents of the 'CBash' and 'Shaders' folders, though it might not have worked in this case.

However, the track was not entirely at fault for all of the problems. There were several people who found that cars were missing from the selection list upon joining the server. From what I can tell this was unrelated to the track, and instead caused by (third-party) updates to the cars required for this event; when people who were experiencing this issue checked the contents of the 'Installed\Vehicle' directory for each of these cars they found that the folders were empty. I think the simple "solution" for this is to temporarily unsubscribe from the Workshop Item that updated the cars, delete the folders in the 'Installed\Vehicle' directory for these cars, and restart both Steam and rFactor 2, but I could be wrong - this will need to be tested.

In spite of all these problems, the race at Sao Paulo turned out to be quite fun in the end. I know that it was not ideal to change the track at such short notice, and I apologise for having to do this, but with so many people experiencing endless problems with Road America the decision had to be made to switch the circuit otherwise we all would have had a miserable evening. I hope that you guys enjoyed yourselves too, despite the early issues.

I would like to take this opportunity to not only thank the participants, but also all of you who stuck with it on Friday night, undeterred by the constant problems, those who provided me and others with assistance, and everyone who has supported me and these events for the past year. This is the most popular the rFactor 2 club has been in quite some time at RaceDepartment, and we honestly could not have done it without you! I hope that this is just the beginning! :rolleyes:

Hopefully we will have better luck with this week's event! Thankfully Matsusaka is a proven circuit, so I can say with a degree of confidence that we shall not see such issues with the track this time around. If you have not done so already then you can sign up here to take part in the race this Friday. We look forward to seeing you for the 60 Minutes of Matsusaka! ;)

Hopefully we will have better luck with this week's event! Thankfully Matsusaka is a proven circuit, so I can say with a degree of confidence that we shall not see such issues with the track this time around. If you have not done so already then you can sign up here to take part in the race this Friday. We look forward to seeing you for the 60 Minutes of Matsusaka! ;)
We done a GT3 RD event with this track some months ago w/o any problem!
Sure this week's event will be fun!
Thank You for organizing the LMP/GTE events !:thumbsup:

Well, what can I say except that the start of this event (and as well as the time leading up to the start) was an unmitigated disaster... and for this I can only apologise. :unsure: Unfortunately I did not foresee the issues with the track - there was no feedback during the week to report any (significant) problems, but admittedly and more importantly I did not test the track either due to a lack of time so I take full responsibility for the trouble that this caused. In hindsight, after the problems were reported regarding the version of the track that I had initially planned to use, I probably ought to have changed the venue completely instead of switching to a version of the track that has not been used in quite some time. The second version of the track is rather old - it has not been updated in at least 2 years - so the reason for the specular artefacts was obvious. And I think that the track can also be attributed to a number of the game crashes; I now remember what I did to solve this problem when I came across it a few weeks ago with another outdated track mod - I cleared the contents of the 'CBash' and 'Shaders' folders, though it might not have worked in this case.

However, the track was not entirely at fault for all of the problems. There were several people who found that cars were missing from the selection list upon joining the server. From what I can tell this was unrelated to the track, and instead caused by (third-party) updates to the cars required for this event; when people who were experiencing this issue checked the contents of the 'Installed\Vehicle' directory for each of these cars they found that the folders were empty. I think the simple "solution" for this is to temporarily unsubscribe from the Workshop Item that updated the cars, delete the folders in the 'Installed\Vehicle' directory for these cars, and restart both Steam and rFactor 2, but I could be wrong - this will need to be tested.

In spite of all these problems, the race at Sao Paulo turned out to be quite fun in the end. I know that it was not ideal to change the track at such short notice, and I apologise for having to do this, but with so many people experiencing endless problems with Road America the decision had to be made to switch the circuit otherwise we all would have had a miserable evening. I hope that you guys enjoyed yourselves too, despite the early issues.

I would like to take this opportunity to not only thank the participants, but also all of you who stuck with it on Friday night, undeterred by the constant problems, those who provided me and others with assistance, and everyone who has supported me and these events for the past year. This is the most popular the rFactor 2 club has been in quite some time at RaceDepartment, and we honestly could not have done it without you! I hope that this is just the beginning! :rolleyes:

I felt for you with the endless issues, and appreciate your persistence and patience.

I'd actually had a couple of good practice sessions at RA and even felt like I was starting to get some kind of decent setup going. The only issue was the flickering of the ad boards in VR, but nothing game breaking. It's bizarre how different people have such different experiences with the same combo.

Ironically then on the formation lap of the Interlagos race, my game froze forcing me to quit :O_o:
I'm pretty sure however that this was related to open vr and was just a headset freeze rather than a game issue, as I could still feel the car moving through the FFB. Hopefully I didn't take anyone out!

Anyway, fingers crossed for better luck this Friday. Fantastic combo, can't wait :)

Hey guys, please sign me out, not feeling well enough to race :(
I hope that you are feeling better now mate, and we look forward to seeing you on track again soon! :)

Sign down please I have little problem
Sorry to leave it to so late but I am not home so I will be missing this one
In with Porsche for GTE pleeaase
I can not connect to the server, it crashes (closes the game and says nothing) when the cars are loading.
Same here it appear extremely unstable at the moment. Was able to do some laps before but now as soon as the track is ready loading I am kicked back to the lobby
Connection lost all the time. Think I'm out :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Sorry guys, no race for me tonight.
Well... I don't think it will help. I've got this problem on every track in rFactor :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Same numerous disconnections here.

I've never driven Interlagos before and do not think a multi-class race in a LMP2 is a safe place for me to start.

Thanks for your efforts @Daiman Patel Who'd be an event organiser!!
Connection lost again. I'm out. Have a great race guys!
I am terribly sorry for not responding sooner guys. :redface: I did see all of these messages come through before the start of the event on Friday night, but unfortunately I did not get a chance to reply in amongst the chaos of trying to determine a solution for the issue, helping people with problems, and preparing the server following the decision to change the track. I apologise again for all of the issues, and hope that this does not discourage you from joining us for future events. :unsure: I will be great to see you all again soon (for an event with some stability for once...). :rolleyes:

Actually dozed off at the wheel and had an accident. Guess that's a sign I need to go to bed! Catch you all next time.
I did wonder what had happened when I saw you in the wall at the exit of Turn 3, only seconds after you had overtaken me... this explains it! :roflmao:

Sorry guys to left the race without any word but I couldn't enjoy this race :( I have no experience on this track even not a lap...so wasn't funny! See You next time!
Thanks @Daiman Patel to do Your best and setting up this event! :thumbsup:
Apologies for bailing out, but I'm not exactly a fan of the Sao Paulo/LMP2 combo, and throw in multiclass and time progression and it just became increasingly too frustrating (for me) and too dangerous (for others) to continue.

Thanks for the race, though.
Same here, my driving was all over the place so I decided to call it a day. Sorry for the incidents!
There's no need to apologise. I completely understand why you decided to leave after an already stressful start to the evening. Hopefully we can avoid a repeat of this issue in the future so that there is no need to make any last minute decisions to change the track. :whistling:

On tuesday I had issues but removing all cars except the vec ones I could load the track and do some laps. Today I was after clearing cbash and shaders after the updates able to join again but particularly when hitting escape I tended to crash. Probably when the game was trying to load new skins. Changing from lan to 256 kb seem to increase my odds to survive maybe due to not loading the skins?
Just to confirm, which cars did you remove? And did you only have the VEC version of the endurance cars remaining? If so then I wonder how you still managed to join the server without having the original version of the cars installed. Even if the component version numbers are the same, I would expect the signatures to be different because I suspect the VEC version of the components contain different files.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back