stracker

Apps stracker 3.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
database disk image is malformed

This is a hint that something is wrong in your db file. Try to backup it into a new database using the .backup command (see https://www.guru99.com/sqlite-database.html).

Other than that, it seems that your new provider is a little rude not to allow larger db files. This might force you to start over from scratch from time to time, because database sizes of 100 MB and more are quite common even with moderately frequented servers (even if compression is turned on which is recommended).

Also talking about db performance, users reported that switching to postgres helps (but this needs support from the provider as well, it's probably only feasible on a dedicated server or a VM with root access).

Thanks Neys. They have gotten back to me and told me that they automatically rename the stracker database to .old and create a new one when it reaches 90MB! I may have to consider switching back to my old host (even though they don't have KMR which was my main reason for moving in the first place).

:(

I am having big problems accessing your homepage to read documentation. First it gets blocked by my adblocker, then when I allow that, I get into a page that goes away very fast and sends me to a 404 page. If I manage to go back and press the stop button, it just looks like a spam page for gaming sites, but I am not sure as I don't speak german.

I am having big problems accessing your homepage to read documentation. First it gets blocked by my adblocker, then when I allow that, I get into a page that goes away very fast and sends me to a 404 page. If I manage to go back and press the stop button, it just looks like a spam page for gaming sites, but I am not sure as I don't speak german.
NEYS site is down for ever.
you find the documentation in the stracker folder after unpacking the stracker file

Is there still a link to the site somewhere? I thought I have removed all the links...

The explication you can find here , why NEYS don't like to continue with this fantastic work. The intelligent commissions of overpaid and sometimes drunken Eu burocrats have done a good job

I wouldn't put it exactly like that myself. In fact, the new data protection laws are mostly beneficial for us from my point of view. Even if most people don't seem to care about the risks of the modern data economy.

I just didn't want to take the risk to get into trouble due to the new law.

If it's because it uses the steam guid, I don't see a problem. Everyone can get your steam guid. It has no personal identification in it. All steam games uses it.

Yeah if I were you I wouldn't see a prob as well... Things look different when you become liable and responsible. From my point of view, collecting player statistics along with a unique, personal ID is definitely personal data in the sense of the GDPR and therefore stracker resides in a gray zone exposed to potential law enforcement. The issue has been discussed controversally on AC forums at that time with no consense.

The decision has been made, and it's not going to be changed. stracker/ptracker are and will be usable due to AC1's stop of development, and, as stated in the main page here on RD, server admins are to judge their risks of running it.

I wouldn't put it exactly like that myself. In fact, the new data protection laws are mostly beneficial for us from my point of view. Even if most people don't seem to care about the risks of the modern data economy.

I just didn't want to take the risk to get into trouble due to the new law.
I don't like to give the impression to be against data protection. The simple thing is, that we have sit there highly paid burocrats making decissions which in many ocassions needed more time of thinking or they are simply not sufficient competent. And not only in the case GDPR, you can step into nearly every sector they put their hands in, agriculture, traffic, climate, environment.
[QUOTE="Even if most people don't seem to care about the risks of the modern data economy."[/QUOTE]
IMHO in the moment you have an fixed internet connection, smartphone and you use a search engine, you have started loosing your privacy. With GDPR or without. They know nearly exactly your location, your interests, your shopping behaviour, aso. They don't need your name or nick to collect enough information about you, to know you better than you yourself.
But lets stop here, I don't like to start here a political discussion :).
It was only a expression of a kind of frustration, that a fantastic project had to die for these reasons (like others like minorating, kissmyrank).

Last edited:
Hi,
i changed the link in tmpl_mainpage.py to:

Code:
<h2>Project homepages</h2>
            <p><a href="https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ptracker.93955/">ptracker documentation and FAQ</a><br>
               <a href="https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/stracker.93956/">stracker documentation and FAQ</a><br>
I hope, thats ok.

Hi,
i changed the link in tmpl_mainpage.py to:

Code:
<h2>Project homepages</h2>
            <p><a href="https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ptracker.93955/">ptracker documentation and FAQ</a><br>
               <a href="https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/stracker.93956/">stracker documentation and FAQ</a><br>
I hope, thats ok.

Of course it is. I should've done it myself - but probably I'm too lazy to create a new release just for the new links :)

Hey Neys! I've been using stracker for almost 2 years now and absolutely love it. I help to run a racing league and we do timed races as opposed to lapped races. We find that depending on whether you've been lapped or not, sometimes you get recorded as a DNF which completely messes up our championship points/standings. Is there an easy way to correct the results other than manually re-doing all the points for each session that has the DNF issue? I've highlighted it in the image. I've already started to mess with correcting people's laps, etc, but it doesn't un-DNF them. I would appreciate help here. We're using Stracker version 3.4.1.

Attachments

• DNF.jpg
    DNF.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 349
I did a bit more digging and noticed that a few had 0 valid laps. They may not have been running ptracker maybe? Anyways, this guy was an automatic DNF (by stracker) even though his original rank was p8. When i gave him +25 laps it obviously sends him to the top of the board but also changes all the DNFs that we previously saw. And the strange thing is that if i adjust him to +24 laps then it goes back to the DNF state from my previous post.

Attachments

• DNF2.jpg
    DNF2.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 319
I try to install it on a CentOS7 Server and get an error i never seen before :

Code:
[stracker_linux_x86]# Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 136, in <module>
  File "stracker/stracker_lib/config.py", line 321, in create_config
  File "stracker/stracker_lib/config.py", line 104, in __init__
  File "configparser.py", line 672, in read
  File "configparser.py", line 993, in _read
  File "/tmp/python33/lib/python3.3/encodings/ascii.py", line 26, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xfc in position 8119: ordinal not in range(128)
stracker returned -1

I updated Python to 3.6 but i guess it was not even required. Do you have a solution for this ? After 3 hours looking for an error in end the search for it.

Hello, guys,

I have a question about the ports for the sTracker.
I would like to use the Track Cycle plugin in addition to sTracker, but unfortunately I can't get both of them running at the same time.

Could somebody help me how to get both plugins running at the same time ?

Yours sincerely
Stefan

I'm running all my servers with that combo, you'll have to "chain" them behind:
In trackcycle it should look like:

<add key="external_plugins" value="stracker, 11031, 127.0.0.1:12031"/>

Depends on your ports.
Stracker like:
[ACPLUGIN]
; proxy the AC server protocol on these ports, so multiple plugins may be chained (this is equivalent to UDP_PLUGIN_LOCAL_PORT in server_cfg.ini)
proxyPluginLocalPort = -1
; proxy the AC server protocol on these ports, so multiple plugins may be chained (this is equivalent to UDP_PLUGIN_ADDRESS in server_cfg.ini)
proxyPluginPort = -1
; udp port the plugins receives from. -1 means to use the AC servers setting UDP_PLUGIN_ADDRESS
rcvPort = 12031
; udp port the plugins sends to. -1 means to use the AC servers setting UDP_PLUGIN_LOCAL_PORT
sendPort = 11031

Then start trackcycle first - stracker afterwards.

If you have it running: make a backup, copy it to a save place and be sure never to delete it. ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.