stracker

Apps stracker 3.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
hi Neys,
once in a while I try to update the server with the stracker-package and some times I get an error while uploading the package and I don't have a clue where to look to find the error, whether it's a car or a track that causes the file not to upload correctly.

QP11eyu.jpg

this is what the log updates after I try to upload the package.zip

stracker[ERROR]: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "ptracker_lib\read_ui_data.py", line 68, in _interpret_json
File "site-packages\simplejson\__init__.py", line 533, in loads
File "site-packages\simplejson\decoder.py", line 370, in decode
File "site-packages\simplejson\decoder.py", line 400, in raw_decode
File "site-packages\simplejson\scanner.py", line 127, in scan_once
File "site-packages\simplejson\scanner.py", line 93, in _scan_once
File "site-packages\simplejson\decoder.py", line 226, in JSONObject
simplejson.scanner.JSONDecodeError: Expecting property name enclosed in double quotes: line 17 column 1 (char 473)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "stracker_lib\http_server.py", line 810, in upload_sync_file
File "ptracker_lib\read_ui_data.py", line 98, in read_ui_file
File "ptracker_lib\read_ui_data.py", line 70, in _interpret_json
ptracker_lib.read_ui_data.JSONDecodeError

File "stracker_lib\http_server.py", line 812, in upload_sync_file
NameError: global name 'fn' is not defined

---------------

I had this issue a few time and I remember I deleted some tracks or car but now the server has more tracks and cars and I'm clueless where to check.
What does it upload and what could be the problem?

thanks in advance

hi Neys,
once in a while I try to update the server with the stracker-package and some times I get an error while uploading the package and I don't have a clue where to look to find the error, whether it's a car or a track that causes the file not to upload correctly.

QP11eyu.jpg

this is what the log updates after I try to upload the package.zip

stracker[ERROR]: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "ptracker_lib\read_ui_data.py", line 68, in _interpret_json
File "site-packages\simplejson\__init__.py", line 533, in loads
File "site-packages\simplejson\decoder.py", line 370, in decode
File "site-packages\simplejson\decoder.py", line 400, in raw_decode
File "site-packages\simplejson\scanner.py", line 127, in scan_once
File "site-packages\simplejson\scanner.py", line 93, in _scan_once
File "site-packages\simplejson\decoder.py", line 226, in JSONObject
simplejson.scanner.JSONDecodeError: Expecting property name enclosed in double quotes: line 17 column 1 (char 473)

File "stracker_lib\http_server.py", line 810, in upload_sync_file
File "ptracker_lib\read_ui_data.py", line 98, in read_ui_file
File "ptracker_lib\read_ui_data.py", line 70, in _interpret_json
ptracker_lib.read_ui_data.JSONDecodeError

File "stracker_lib\http_server.py", line 812, in upload_sync_file
NameError: global name 'fn' is not defined

---------------

I had this issue a few time and I remember I deleted some tracks or car but now the server has more tracks and cars and I'm clueless where to check.
What does it upload and what could be the problem?

thanks in advance

I remember that this has been caused by unicode issues of certain mod tracks or mod cars. You can delete them from the zip file before uploading them.

I've moved my rented server to a new host. The old host was running an older version of stracker than the new one, and when I moved my database to the new host it ignores it and creates a fresh db file. I really don't know much about databases, but do you know why this would happen and is there anything I can do about it?

Is your original database at the same place on the new server disk as it was with the previous host ? and of course with the same name.
If not, didn't you forget to change this line in the .ini file:
DATABASE]
; Only relevant if database_type=sqlite3. Path to the stracker database. If a relative path is given, it is relative to the <stracker> executable
database_file = C:\AC Database\AC1.db3 ( example of course ... )

I think Stracker simply didn't find the database for this kind of reason, that's why it created a new one.
If you succeed to get Stracker find it ... don't forget to let the database migrate if necessary.
New version doesn't always mean migration needed ... but it depends obviously on which version the older was.

Could you check if the new one does contain the previous results ?

I'm not sure for the moment, but I think that a migration of the previous Stracker database version to the new one is working that way: renaming the old one with this .old and creating the new one, keeping the previous laptimes, results etc....
This should be rather obvious and normal. ;)

When you started the first time this new Stracker ... did you do it on its own or did you start immediately a new server ?
If you did with a new server without letting the time for the database to migrate, that might be the problem.

1 year agto, when we had a new dedicated server .... I kept all 3 databases we had, moved to a new version and no problem ... the new ones kept all previous data.
I started the 3 necessary base Stracker instances for the 3 databases ... and let the time to those 3 databases to migrate.
And only afterwards, we launched our 1st server.

If you didn't do that way .... you might try to delete the new database, rename the previous one to its original name and try again.
Keep an eye on the Stracker console .... to see what it does at the start. IIRC there's a message saying the migration begins .... and afterwards ... is done.

NB: on Windows and db3 databases .... but now with Linux or/and Postgresql ... I don't know how and if it can be done.

Last edited:
Unfortunately i don't have console access on this server, and the server scripts stracker to start when you start the server, so it's not really possible to launch stracker first. Sucks, but that's the way it is. However what I did is, I installed the newest stracker on my own PC, put the old database there, and it migrated the database fine. Then I uploaded it to the new host, and when I started the server it did the same darn thing - renamed the old one to .old and created a fresh empty one. :(

Sorry AJ, I can't help you more than what I did until now. :(
Not sure but in your case ... I don't see any mean to correct that if you have no console access on this server ... this is surely a game server and not a dedicated server.
Maybe Neys might help you .... so wait news from him and good luck. ;)

Unfortunately i don't have console access on this server, and the server scripts stracker to start when you start the server, so it's not really possible to launch stracker first. Sucks, but that's the way it is. However what I did is, I installed the newest stracker on my own PC, put the old database there, and it migrated the database fine. Then I uploaded it to the new host, and when I started the server it did the same darn thing - renamed the old one to .old and created a fresh empty one. :(

The renaming to .old sounds like something which your provider might do? I don't remember anything in stracker which involves a renaming to .old at least, but it has been a while for me and I might be wrong. Maybe you can ask your provider if there is some magic involved there?

For reference, I got the following interesting response from the host:
Hello AJ,

We've noticed that Stracker doesn't work well when using a very large database.
To prevent this from causing issues, we're automatically creating a new database when the size of the existing database becomes too large.

What you could do is edit the existing large database and apply compression, as well as removing old data.

Kind regards,

Now I understand better the problem ....
I had a look at our biggest database ... working since the very beginning of Stracker ... 115000 Ko
but we're using this compression ... happening in periods when the server is free of drivers mostly ( during the night mostly ).

How big is yours ?
But the problem will remain .... easy to make this compression when you can launch Stracker with this database.
When having to delete details in this database without Stracker working ... that's a more difficult task as you have to open it and do it manually.
Without a rather good knowledge of database .... that's a dangerous operation.

I have also removed the "gui data" for cars and tracks as I understand this takes up quite a bit of space but cannot "vacuum" the database due to the following:

[01:57:54] Error while executing SQL query on database 'stracker': database disk image is malformed

I'm just about ready to give up.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back