Stopping smoking... Now vaping!

Smell and taste didn't change at all for me.
I know people always come up with "Mhhhhh, i didn't know how delicious everything tastes!"
but i didn't have that at all - maybe i'm just a grunt and not a gourmet :D

Once you made it through the first 48 hours you already broke through the biggest hit psychologically and after 1 week your body basically doesn't remember that you smoked (except of course the damage that's already done and needs weeks/months/years to recover).

Clean for 2.5 years now and still fearing to fall back into it.
I'm standing with both feet solid on the ground and there's actually no need to panic (absolutely no desire for smoking) but still, there's always this thought in the back of my head "Man, i'd be so disappointed in you if you started again".
But guess that's my biggest motivation not to? ;)

there's always this thought in the back of my head "Man, i'd be so disappointed in you if you started again".
I'd be glad to have that thought in the back of my head. :)

Five days "clean" now and I notice that my inner devil is trying to convince my mind that just a small smoke won't hurt. :laugh:

It has been a hectic week for me. Gave up smoking, started my keto program (thanks @Tom :)) and I going full attack mode on cycling on daily basis. My body hasn't got a clue WTH I am doing :)

Radical works best for me

Reactions: Tom
A keto diet is well known for being a low carb diet, where the body produces ketones in the liver to be used as energy.

You may see some limitations on your performance when you first begin a keto diet, but as your body fully adapts to using fat as the primary source of energy – all of your strength and endurance will return to normal.

intense-weight-lifting.jpg

http://www.ruled.me/guide-keto-diet/

I'd be glad to have that thought in the back of my head. :)

Five days "clean" now and I notice that my inner devil is trying to convince my mind that just a small smoke won't hurt. :laugh:

It has been a hectic week for me. Gave up smoking, started my keto program (thanks @Tom :)) and I going full attack mode on cycling on daily basis. My body hasn't got a clue WTH I am doing :)

Radical works best for me
I doff my hat to you Bram. As a 38 year old ex smoking asthmatic I am a lot fitter now than I have been since chidhood (got on the tabs young) my asthma is purely allergic though so smoking did not make much difference although it certainly did not help. I now cycle 100 miles a week.

My only advice would be don't try and change everything in one go and to make changes that are sustainable. First job for you is give up the smokes everything else is secondary to that.

Think if you can do five days you are obviously not as addicted as your brain thinks it is. Nicotine withdrawal usually lasts two weeks so you are nearly half way already.

Keep it up!

Congrats @Bram

It's pretty obvious to say, but you are going to feel so much better for it. I can confirm taste improvement too. Everything I eat, or smell come to think of it, just has that little bit more of a kick to it.

Keep it up....your body will thank you for it in the end, and don't listen to the little voices in your head that tell you otherwise.

have an interest for vaping... but it might be as costly as smoking.

i smoke even more intense when do a homework or finish a skin, without that i feel like something lost inside my head.
10% (i think) of my income per month spent for packs of cigarettes.
want to give up but no luck whatsoever.
if i calculate the bucks i've spent for a pack of cigarettes since my first until now, i might have a gigantic gaming rig LOL.

smoking hurts me economically and psychologically
i congrats to those have stop smoking. hope i can be the one soon.

Last edited:
Honestly Henky, it's not really all that expensive once you settle on a kit. I spent $50 for my MVP, $20 for my Kayfun, $3 for a roll of kanthal, and $2 for a bag of cotton balls, and around $100 for eLiquid every 8-10 months (I order from a wholesale site in the US and vape pretty much the same two flavors all the time). If you do it, learn to build quickly. I'd have saved so much money in the beginning had I not wasted so much on Pro Tanks, and Mini Pro Tanks, and Super-De-Dooper Pro Tanks. Instead of spending $2 per coil, I replace the cotton in mine and my wife's Kayfuns about once a week. My wife has a Provari and a Kayfun and a crapton of 18650 batts. I've had mods, etc, but I love the ease of an MVP. No batteries to buy and just use a micro USB to charge it every few days.

A keto diet is well known for being a low carb diet, where the body produces ketones in the liver to be used as energy.

You may see some limitations on your performance when you first begin a keto diet, but as your body fully adapts to using fat as the primary source of energy – all of your strength and endurance will return to normal.

View attachment 102213
http://www.ruled.me/guide-keto-diet/
If you hadn't written sentences that made sense, I might have reported that for being like the usual crappy spam posts we get advertising stupid weight loss products or something. :roflmao:

Honestly Henky, it's not really all that expensive once you settle on a kit. I spent $50 for my MVP, $20 for my Kayfun, $3 for a roll of kanthal, and $2 for a bag of cotton balls, and around $100 for eLiquid every 8-10 months (I order from a wholesale site in the US and vape pretty much the same two flavors all the time). If you do it, learn to build quickly. I'd have saved so much money in the beginning had I not wasted so much on Pro Tanks, and Mini Pro Tanks, and Super-De-Dooper Pro Tanks. Instead of spending $2 per coil, I replace the cotton in mine and my wife's Kayfuns about once a week. My wife has a Provari and a Kayfun and a crapton of 18650 batts. I've had mods, etc, but I love the ease of an MVP. No batteries to buy and just use a micro USB to charge it every few days.
Couldn't agree more. Find a set up that will keep you happy for a while, one that will satisfy the craving to smoke and that's it.
Building your own coils and wicking cuts down on cost in a big way, plus you get to experiment with different kinds of builds.
Making your own flavours is another big big saving. I'm doing my own flavours now, and in all honesty with some of mine you cannot tell the difference between them and a premium juice flavour.
Then on top of that, and the main reason for it all is you actually feel better. Speaking for myself, no shortness of breath whilst doing anything even remotely sports related, taste and smell improved, and I walk around smelling of a sweet shop/bakery now instead of an ashtray.

Couldn't agree more. Find a set up that will keep you happy for a while, one that will satisfy the craving to smoke and that's it.
Building your own coils and wicking cuts down on cost in a big way, plus you get to experiment with different kinds of builds.
Making your own flavours is another big big saving. I'm doing my own flavours now, and in all honesty with some of mine you cannot tell the difference between them and a premium juice flavour.
Then on top of that, and the main reason for it all is you actually feel better. Speaking for myself, no shortness of breath whilst doing anything even remotely sports related, taste and smell improved, and I walk around smelling of a sweet shop/bakery now instead of an ashtray.

I envy your talent. I'm just too afraid of putting too much nicotine in the juice and hurting myself.

I envy your talent. I'm just too afraid of putting too much nicotine in the juice and hurting myself.
It's no different to adding a flavour. Just use the correct Nic strength rating and what you'd want your target strength to be and voila......done. It is very simple.

I use this for all my calculations, it's simple and lets you keep your mixes on file.

http://www.ejuice.breaktru.com/

smoking hurts me economically and psychologically
i congrats to those have stop smoking. hope i can be the one soon.
Ya, money spent on cigarettes is insane.

Here in Austria it's still rather cheap to smoke (in comparison to western countries),
but still thousands of euros that i've lit up in smoke...

If you are a mod maker and here to rant about your overpriced metal tube being cloned ....... then no :p ;)

The majority of my gear is cloned, less so recently where genuine AVP's are reasonably priced. I have a mix of stuff now.

If you are a mod maker and here to rant about your overpriced metal tube being cloned ....... then no :p ;)

The majority of my gear is cloned, less so recently where genuine AVP's are reasonably priced. I have a mix of stuff now.

No I traded for a really good clone tank this morning and it's a keeper. It's called a KS and looks weird but vapes amazing. It holds 7ml of juice and is super easy to build. If you can get a good deal on one, I'd recommend it. Nice piece of equipment

No I traded for a really good clone tank this morning and it's a keeper. It's called a KS and looks weird but vapes amazing. It holds 7ml of juice and is super easy to build. If you can get a good deal on one, I'd recommend it. Nice piece of equipment
Oh yeah I think I know that one.

If it's the one I am thinking of, instead of being the traditional round tank, it's square'ish, using the usually unused space across the top of a box mod to gain capacity. I saw a Todd's review about it quite a few months ago, though I do find him a bit irritating.

Oh yeah I think I know that one.

If it's the one I am thinking of, instead of being the traditional round tank, it's square'ish, using the usually unused space across the top of a box mod to gain capacity. I saw a Todd's review about it quite a few months ago, though I do find him a bit irritating.

Yes you are correct and I watched Todd's video to build it. It fits well on my MVP. I can't imagine using it on a regular mod.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back