Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Have not tested to see how the lap times compare with the 68 and the Camaro street car 2012 on some tracks but that could be a nice match up, Old vs New
Or race 1 the old 68. Race 2 the 2012 model round the same track food for thought:whistling:

im sure there is some racing to be had in this car;)

Any drivers out there want to give it a test run and compare then let Andrew James or me how it compares with the street car or Opala. Let us know your findings...
We will try and set something up :)

This is your chance to come up with a track or event with this car maybe using another car with it... its your call.

There are a quite few mods out there that a basically poorly converted or first attempts..
These can have very poor FFB or bad sounds, or something just does not feel good or does not work as it should
half the time your better off driving it in its original form.
But every now and again you find a Gem, i think this is one :)

I think that maybe the Grids arent growing up because by now we did quite a lot of Club Races.
Clubs are good for a while, but the competition really interests me when we are racing for a Championship or for points, standings and so on.
I understand completely the doubt about do a League, the numbers are important. Is a difficult compromise.
But maybe a League can make people more interested and commited.

Last edited:
I think that maybe the Grids arent growing up because by now we did quite a lot of Club Races.
Clubs are good for a while, but the competition really interests me when we are racing for a Championship or for points, standings and so on.
I understand completely the doubt about do a League, the numbers are important. Is a difficult compromise.
But maybe a League can make people more interested and commited.
Perhaps, but a club isn't supposed to be about the competition anyway, but some fun.

I'm not saying there won't be leagues and I hear what you're saying, I do. I am saying there aren't any immediate plans for a league.

In my case there's 10 seconds lap time advantage in favor of 68' on Nordschleife.

68' = 8.40
Camarro SS = 8.50.

Decent clean laps, but still not familiar enough with the cars and track to push it to the limit. 3/4 of the track somewhat memorized now, the section between the carousels still needs some work.:)
Both cars feel great. I prefer the 68', though. It feels like it's a bit more fun, livelier.

Anyway, great find, Rupe.:thumbsup:

The skins look great. I was curious as to why they looked so shiny in the game, so I took a look at the alpha channel in Photoshop and noticed that you used the template alpha channel instead of the alpha channel that the default F1 cars use in the game. It's not a big deal, but I wasn't sure if you were aware of it, so I just thought I would mention it. I kinda like how the default cars have both high reflective surfaces and dull surfaces, because it keeps the car from looking like it is entirely made of glass.

This is the top view alpha channel that you used from the F1 Template:
template_alpha.jpg

And this is the top view alpha channel of one of the default cars from the game:
real_alpha.jpg

The second picture shows how things like the rivets, antenna and brake light are very shiny and reflective, and the darker areas, like the checkered parts, are more dull and less reflective. The same can be seen on the alpha channels for the left and right side of the default cars.

Anyway, if you ever plan to update your F1 skin pack, I just thought you might want to use the same alpha channels as the default cars since I think it would really make your skins look even more amazing. Some things, like the white rings in the second image, are not used in your cars skins, but the rings could easily be airbrushed away from the alpha channel.

I created two F1 skins recently for a friend and I, and I actually made the default alpha channel a little darker and my car came out looking better. I also added dark selections to the alpha channel where all of my decals appear and I added brighter selections where I wanted things to have a little extra reflection.

One of my favorite things about creating a car skin is working with the alpha channel, because it can really add some sexy magic to an otherwise boring looking car. For instance, adding "noise" to the alpha channel in Photoshop is a great way to get that "metallic finish" look.

Keep up the great work ;)

Last edited:
As far as I know, you can't change the angle of the side mirrors. Holding down shift key and using the arrow keys doesn't seem to do anything at all, but it does work for other cars in other rFactor based games. If there is a way to do this in GSC, I would very much like to know how since the side mirrors are not very helpful without an ability to adjust them.

A little unrelated but how do I enable virtual mirrors?

To enable virtual mirrors in cockpit, do this...

Browse to the folder:
Program files... \GSC2013\UserData\Your_Name\

Open the following file with notepad:
Your_Name.PLR

Search for the following line:
Virtual Rearview In Cockpit="0"

And change it to be:
Virtual Rearview In Cockpit="1"

===================================================
I normally do not like using the virtual mirrors in cockpit when I drive stock cars, because I just feel like there are too many mirrors everywhere and all of the movement in the mirrors distracts me.

By default, the side mirrors normally look bad because they show they only seem to show the side of my car. The rear view mirror looks better and shows the rear window frames and wing, but there is a way to clean up the normal mirrors.
006.png

This setting will remove all of the objects from the side mirrors and rear view mirror, but it will still allow you to see your wing in the rear view mirror.

Self In Cockpit Rearview="1"

But the wing will look slightly disconnected as if it were hovering a few inches above the back of the car, but you can fix it so it doesn't look like it is hovering by stretching the mirror slightly vertically using this setting:

Rearview Height="13.30000"

Now when I drive my stock car my side mirrors do not show the side of my car and my rear view mirror looks nice and clean with no window frames, and shows only my wing - and the wing doesn't appear to be hovering. Pretty cool :). This is the setup I normally prefer to use.
00001.jpg

Another alternative would be to remove all objects from the side and rear view mirrors with this setting:

Self In Cockpit Rearview="0"

...but it doesn't look very realistic without the rear wing in my opinion, but it doesn't look bad either.
00002.jpg

Oh, I am using 5120x320_MIRROR.bmp in the bottom 2 images. Thank you.

The whole kit and caboodle...
00003.jpg

I am also currently using these very awesome driving settings (for pro-drivers only)...

Look Up/Down Angle="0.40000"
Leanahead Angle="1.00000" // TILT HEAD ON ANGLE
Look Roll Angle="0.90000"
Glance Angle="0.90000"
Lookahead Angle="0.35000" // TURN HEAD HORIZONTALLY
Head Physics="1.00000" // HEAD BOB
Head Rotation="1.00000"
Exaggerate Yaw="0.80000"

Seat Adjustment Aft="0.10000"
Seat Adjustment Up="0.00000"
Vertical FOV Angle="57"

Last edited: