Steam & RACE 07/ON GTR EVO changes on 01/09/12

I've noticed that Steam has moved around the way it stores my Race On data, now all the data has moved to:
X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RACE 07
(stored with rest of the steam games instead of steamapps\USERNAME\RACE07) & now includes all subfolders & files loose.

This means all mods have to be relocated & unfortunately some mods are playing up.

Also problems with launching the game being encountered at our end.

Just a heads up.

EDIT: Problem of launching the game seems to be solved by deleting all content, reinstalling Race 07, shutting steam down, restarting & then in to game.

Mod Edit: tutorial for relocation here, by @Kennett Ylitalo

Stared Race07, worked fine. Quitted and then started the game again: corrupt game files... verify integrity showed none of the files were working... I stopped the ridiculous 14118 files for downloading.. I exited steam, copied steam.dll to Race 07 folder and everything worked fine after that. EDIT: requires steam restart everytime

Yeah, everything is like it was before.. Except that i can't start the game having Steam online.. Turning it off-line stopped the game files corrupt message from appearing... Valve is the big loser, i do play TF2 from time to time and have even put some coins in to it.. Now i won't be supporting that game as long as my Race07 is messed like this.. I can do a fresh install after wednesday PrestoGP race...

today i use the game, (after reconversion again to steamapps/username/race07) exit a few minutes, i wanted to start again, and didnt work,
error message: 41xxx corrupted files, update required
restart steam client, re-download/"update" the whole race07 to the steamapps/common/race07 folder AGAIN!
of course, i have a folder in documents/simbin/race07 installation2

You can still use your original install if you have a logitech profiler by assigning a game to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 8600

and launch the game from the profiler. It also works if you create a desktop icon with the same path.

Since Steam's oddity ( I prefer Bowie's Space Oddity ! ;) ) I'm always running Steam off connection ... so no problem with possible ridiculous new action from Steam.

Preferring to stay out of Steam's community than messing my install again ... TS is enough ! :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.