Steam & RACE 07/ON GTR EVO changes on 01/09/12

I've noticed that Steam has moved around the way it stores my Race On data, now all the data has moved to:
X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RACE 07
(stored with rest of the steam games instead of steamapps\USERNAME\RACE07) & now includes all subfolders & files loose.

This means all mods have to be relocated & unfortunately some mods are playing up.

Also problems with launching the game being encountered at our end.

Just a heads up.

EDIT: Problem of launching the game seems to be solved by deleting all content, reinstalling Race 07, shutting steam down, restarting & then in to game.

Mod Edit: tutorial for relocation here, by @Kennett Ylitalo

No, your main Race 07 folder is now within the 'common' folder, within that folder you will need to place your track/car mods appropriately as you did before (i,e within Gamedata & UI).

I have absolutely no idea why this has been done but it's a pain in the butt.

Im guessing i have to make a new Locations folder?

You will find a location folder already in the Gamedata folder which includes all the tracks that your game has available (depending on what version & addons you have[NOT MODS]), as stated all the files & folders are now loose for the game, including Teams, Talent & Sounds. You will now be adding your additional mods (cars & tracks) to the loose ones that the game comes with.

Go to:

Drive letter for Steam:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RACE 07\GameData

& in there you should have a list of folders from AddonInfo, Animations, Championships, Classes, Controlset, Locations etc.

Do you have them?

Can you start the game?

Did this happen as soon as you fired up Steam? I keep my Steam in offline mode and i just started up my Race and everything is still left as it was and i can still get on servers.

I guess i won't go online with Steam unless it is necessary.

Did this happen as soon as you fired up Steam? I keep my Steam in offline mode and i just started up my Race and everything is still left as it was and i can still get on servers.

I guess i won't go online with Steam unless it is necessary.

Ive sorted it out (Baz82) pretty simple once you find out were everything is.and apologize for pink's reaction to all this but she miss understood the update.

She thought SIMBIN had done a dirty on us.

Looks like everything got moved to ..\Steam\steamapps\common\RACE 07\ instead of ..\Steam\steamapps\your@email\RACE 07\

To get your user profiles back, you'll want to go to ..\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\ (or My Documents -> SimBin -> RACE 07) and find the file GameInstallDir.ini , modify it so it's pointing to the ..\steam\steamapps\common\race 07 directory instead of the ..\steam\steamapps\your@email\race 07 directory

To get your mods, tracks and whatever else back, goto the old directory of ..\Steam\steamapps\your@email\RACE 07\ and copy the \gamedata\ and \uidata\ directories to the new ..\Steam\steamapps\common\RACE 07\ directory

..If that makes sense to anyone. That should get all your user profiles (controls, setups, replays, skins), tracks and mods back.

I wouldn't really put the blame on SimBin, as I'm sure they would have warned us if they knew Steam was going to do something like this.

As far as I know Race07 is the only game that's has its own folder, all other game I have are in the common folder.
Its a good thing to use the common folder for Race07, I can now use Steamtool to move Race07 from my SSD to the HD when RRE is ready to get real:)

I could play this morning, but now I only get ''corrupt game file''

Looks like everything got moved to ..\Steam\steamapps\common\RACE 07\ instead of ..\Steam\steamapps\your@email\RACE 07\

To get your user profiles back, you'll want to go to ..\C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\ or (My Documents -> SimBin -> RACE 07), copy only the directories (not the files in the main directory) over to the new ..\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07 Install #\

To get your mods, tracks and whatever else back, goto the old directory of ..\Steam\steamapps\your@email\RACE 07\ and copy the \gamedata\ and \uidata\ directories to the new ..\Steam\steamapps\common\RACE 07\ directory

..If that makes sense to anyone. That should get all your user profiles (controls, setups, replays, skins), tracks and mods back.

I wouldn't really put the blame on SimBin, as I'm sure they would have warned us if they knew Steam was going to do something like this.

I updated it but nothing changed. Didn't even have to move anything)

You should not allow a "install2" folder to be used, it's a recipe for disaster.. What to do instead: Before first start, rename the old My Docs\SimBin \Race07 folder. Start the game, exit as soon as possible [config screen]. Copy the old folders from the renamed Race 07 folder to the newly created My Docs\SimBin and start the game. Do not copy sysinfo.txt and GameInstallDir.ini, copy only the folders. You should have the old profiles, replays, setups etc on your new install in the default location...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back