Steam & RACE 07/ON GTR EVO changes on 01/09/12

I've noticed that Steam has moved around the way it stores my Race On data, now all the data has moved to:
X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RACE 07
(stored with rest of the steam games instead of steamapps\USERNAME\RACE07) & now includes all subfolders & files loose.

This means all mods have to be relocated & unfortunately some mods are playing up.

Also problems with launching the game being encountered at our end.

Just a heads up.

EDIT: Problem of launching the game seems to be solved by deleting all content, reinstalling Race 07, shutting steam down, restarting & then in to game.

Mod Edit: tutorial for relocation here, by @Kennett Ylitalo

Deleting everything including Steam, reinstall of Steam, Race 07 and all expansions took ... less than 1 hour.
Except ... the mods. I had used Simracing Manager before to desactivate mods and tracks but forgot to save the UI data, sounds and talents. .... so don't forget doing that too before uninstalling :D

PS: hoping you're not too sick ... anyway wishing you a quick recovery. ....quicker than mine :(

I prefer having Steam in offline mode (just to be sure nothing happens). Yesterday, I installed Win8 Enterprise and when I coppied all the gcf files from another disk, it wanted to update but was stucked. I just chose continue updating (strangely) on every item in Steam library and it just blinked and no downloading occured. Everything was as it should be. Folders as usual after starting game.

Hi there Warren
I have just picked up GTR evolution
and WTCC havent loaded em yet
looking forward to it
to busy doing the xmas thing
Oh it all started with the demo of Race 07 off steam
enjoying the demo
online looks good
Thinking the Sim bug has really bitten:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes