Starting to R3E

Hi I tried r3e this week.
First look was good. I tried gt3 cars on race room track and liked the audi
I want to use it on series here.

Can someone share his experience with r3e?

And should I buy the complete pack with vrp? I like to drive gt3 and maybe some other touring cars

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect that the default G29 wheel settings are not good, cars are turning very slowly, very difficult, slow cornering, the car behaves like a cargo ship.

Could you give some advice? What can I do? Perhaps a more professional G29 wheel setup could help?

I know what you mean. I have a G920 myself and regret buying it ever since. It took me quite some time to make it somewhat usable. My settings in the Logitech profiler software;

Sensitivity: 70%
Wheel range: 360 degrees
Enable the spring
Spring strength: 50%

In game, it depends from car to car, but I need to adjust the steering range here too. Some all the way to 8 (min.).

Still, settings are very personal of course. I hope it will help you a bit.

Could it be as simple as the degrees of rotation not matching up to the car? That is a fairly common thing with Logitech wheels.

I did not know that every car had to be set up the steering separately. Thanks for the tip!

Now this is the current setting what are trying to befriend the game and the car:

Ford GT GT3
Wheel Range: 400
Steering Lock: 10
FFB multiplier: 2.690

This seems to be mutch better than default. Maybe placebo and this settings completely wrong. :D There is no list of best wheel settings for all cars? :D

VonRouwen, thank you very much for your help!

I did not know that every car had to be set up the steering separately.
Well, the game should set the appropriate wheel range for you when everything is set up correctly, but there tend to be issues with certain wheels. For example, with the car you mention, the game should automatically set your wheel rotation to 400 degrees as well to match (though I believe the default for that car is 540 degrees, isn't it?). If it doesn't work and the wheel stays set to 900 degrees for example, then obviously the in-game wheel rotation doesn't match your actual wheel rotation and you have to turn your wheel a lot more to get the same response from the car.

Wish I could help you more, but I'm not really familiar with the new Logitech wheels and their driver issues and settings, just with their old ones - I've gone to team Thrustmaster since, so I more or less stopped reading Logitech related issues (well, I obviously still read them, but not nearly as thoroughly as before).

@El Nano Welcome aboard! Though PC2 has come along way and I find it enjoyable enough, R3E provides many more smiles per miles for me. I don't have any real racing experience but the physics in R3E just feel right to me and the AI is more human like. I have had terrific races dicing it out with AI that had me grinning ear to ear. Hope you find the same... especially after sorting out your wheel config (sorry, no help there from me - never owned a Logitech wheel).

• Deleted member 387850

I suspect that the default G29 wheel settings are not good, cars are turning very slowly, very difficult, slow cornering, the car behaves like a cargo ship. Could you give some advice? What can I do? Perhaps a more professional G29 wheel setup could help?

I use a G29 with Raceroom, running more or less completely default settings, and it works great. Once it's setup correctly Raceroom handles all the rotation settings for you, so you can jump between cars with different steering rotations and it will "just work". I did initially find it a bit confusing when I was getting started (I came from console) so I made a video to try to help:

If you check the description of the video there is also a link to another video on how to setup Logitech Gaming Software correctly. I'd recommend following it, as once it's setup you should never need to change it, Raceroom takes care of the rest.

If you've any questions just ask, I'm sure I'll be able to get you up and running with the G29!

• Deleted member 387850

I know what you mean. I have a G920 myself and regret buying it ever since. It took me quite some time to make it somewhat usable. My settings in the Logitech profiler software;

Sensitivity: 70%
Wheel range: 360 degrees
Enable the spring
Spring strength: 50%

In game, it depends from car to car, but I need to adjust the steering range here too. Some all the way to 8 (min.).

Still, settings are very personal of course. I hope it will help you a bit.

I'd hesitate to recommend setting the wheel range to anything other than 900 degrees in the Logitech Gaming Software. You want LGS to have the full wheel rotation and Raceroom will automatically handle the correct rotation on a car-by-car basis be it 360, 540, 900 etc.

I'd also advise against setting the Sensitivity to anything other than 50% as Sensitivity is the steering response. At 50% it is linear, so you get an even steering response lock-to-lock. If you set it at 70% you're adding a curve to that response, effectively giving you much more steering initially and then reducing as you reach lock. That's going to make the car rather twitchy feeling! Likewise the general consensus appears to be not to enable the Centering Spring, or at the very least leave it enabled but the Strength set to 0%.

Please don't take this as a criticism - as you say steering settings are very personal and if this works for you then that's cool! However, I'd be reluctant to recommend them as a starting point to someone who is struggling to get their wheel feeling right as it does somewhat go against popular consensus ;) I wouldn't regret your G920 purchase as there are loads of very fast sim racers successfully using them along with the G25/27/29. There's really no reason you can't get it setup nicely in Raceroom with little effort and turn fast laps :)

This is how I setup LGS:

Please don't take this as a criticism

I won't. As I was only pointing out how I had set up my wheel. I also used the "holy-grail" (as this comes by at every forum) setup (900 degrees, 50% sens and untick the spring function), could pick up any car in Raceroom and found myself driving the car like sailing a huge yacht. Such little response, and didn't have it only in raceroom. In Assetto Corsa I also have a setup that is "against general consensus", but works great for me.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 387850

I won't. As I was only pointing out how I had set up my wheel. I also used the "holy-grail" (as this comes by at every forum) setup (900 degrees, 50% sens and untick the spring function), could pick up any car in Raceroom and found myself driving the car like sailing a huge yacht. Such little response, and didn't have it only in raceroom. In Assetto Corsa I also have a setup that is "against general consensus", but works great for me.

That's cool, I'm glad you found settings that work for you! I originally started racing in AC and actually found it quite hard to adapt to Raceroom when I first tried it. It felt like the braking distances were longer and there was quite a bit of understeer. Initially I thought it was my wheel, but once I got it setup I realised it was just a different feel between the two sims. It always takes me awhile (and several crashes!) to adapt when I jump back and forth :)

Got the premium pack yesterday, this sim is so, so nice, everything looks on place. As I´m a little bit tired of iRacing and want to have a break from it, Will focus on offline races, and will try ( still don´t know how it works ) the club races here on RD, I want to be more relaxed while racing.

Quick review after 2 hours of try:

- FFB is heavy on my TS-XW, at least more than pCARS 2-AMS-rF2 and AC. I think I have to adjust the FFB, I didn´t any changes, any tips are welcome :)

- Performance is incredible compared with other sims, 90-120 fps all the time, all settings on max at 3840x1600.

- This sim NEEDS multi class racing in single player, an AI selector, is really a must.

- GT3 at Sachsenring, 105 AI strenght, starting last (43) and finished 20, in a 15 min race. It was a good experience, no problems with the AI, all good. I wanted to increase the strenght, so increased to 110, and raced the Formula JR. in Salzburgring. It was a different history, the AI was so agressive in some parts of the circuit, but they all are terrible slow on the first corner, so the experience as not as good, I think the sim can be very combo dependent sometimes, but I think is a matter to find the sweet spot, nothing serious and still better and AC AI.

- Formula X at Paul Ricard. I can use DRS on all the track, but AI is not using it, is that normal? it was practice, not race.

- Rumble on the ClubSport V3 is amazing, I´m in love, sorry to sound like a fool, but... this does not work out of the box in ANY sim I have, only in RaceRoom.

- Today will test more, and will test the Z1 dashboard on it, let´s see. but so far so good.

FFB is heavy on my TS-XW, at least more than pCARS 2-AMS-rF2 and AC. I think I have to adjust the FFB, I didn´t any changes, any tips are welcome :)
There's a very helpful thread here which explains what all the FFB settings do, so that might help you. However, if you're happy with the effects and just want to "lighten" the feel a bit, I would recommend changing the per-car value rather than the overall FFB strength. You can find this setting in each car's setup screen, under Steering Settings.

- Formula X at Paul Ricard. I can use DRS on all the track, but AI is not using it, is that normal? it was practice, not race.
Unfortunately, "official" DRS zones are not (yet) implemented in R3E so you can use it anywhere on the track. When racing and within a second of the car in front at the start/finish line, you get a number of uses of DRS for the next lap which you can use wherever you like.

I don't race the AI so I can't say whether the AI use DRS during a race or not. (I would think they do.)

Pabletux said

"I wanted to increase the strenght, so increased to 110, and raced the Formula JR. in Salzburgring. It was a different history, the AI was so agressive in some parts of the circuit, but they all are terrible slow on the first corner, so the experience as not as good"

Pabletux, I would like to help you in this matter because I feel the same and it always happens to me. So far there is no solution.

Pabletux said

"I wanted to increase the strenght, so increased to 110, and raced the Formula JR. in Salzburgring. It was a different history, the AI was so agressive in some parts of the circuit, but they all are terrible slow on the first corner, so the experience as not as good"

Pabletux, I would like to help you in this matter because I feel the same and it always happens to me. So far there is no solution.

Hi,

Yes, but maybe this is on my side, I mean, I race on AC, they are much less agressive and very predictable, I know what they will do, is a lot... "syntetic", and I got used by that.

Now here, AI is agressive, and they will go for a gap, maybe I have to change the way I race with the AI. Is too early to judge, will do races.

But hey, we have to have fun, will not do endless testing with the AI :)

@pabletux You will find plenty of information on racing the AI here on the forums. Most people swear by using the adaptive AI and training it properly to their skill level and pace, and with a bit of effort, you can usually get a solid racing experience out of the AI.

Pretty much the worst thing you can do regarding racing the AI is follow any advice Nano10 can give you, he's becoming quite infamous within the Raceroom community for his unrelenting resolve to keep slamming square pegs into round holes, so to speak :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back