Starting to R3E

Hi I tried r3e this week.
First look was good. I tried gt3 cars on race room track and liked the audi
I want to use it on series here.

Can someone share his experience with r3e?

And should I buy the complete pack with vrp? I like to drive gt3 and maybe some other touring cars

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that familiar with Raceroom but while it's not really shown anywhere,

Go to the options menu, controller settings, then secondary settings. Scroll down a short ways and bind a key to "data display page flip."

Then get out on track and look at your Motec display in the cockpit and press that key you just bound above.

RR has a lot of data display pages with info you can cycle through. Brake temps should be on the page after tire temps if my memory serves me correctly. :)

That said, brake heating/cooling dynamics are pretty basic. Temps cool very fast, but there is an optimal temp, and going above or too far below results in less effective brakes.

Though I think not all cars have all the data available, and obviously you have to either have the car's dashboard instruments in view or you have to switch the HUD mode from simple to full to see the data. This is more important in the older cars without digital dashboards where the data are shown on an added digital instrument that is sometimes not exactly in view.

So I'm in no since one week. Game is great so far. sound is really nice. One question is an option available to put cars in front and behind me on screen. Like cars lapped or cars which lapping me. I know ac and iracing have this and I used it always.

One question is an option available to put cars in front and behind me on screen.
Not really, no. You have to assume this according to your gap to the car ahead and behind - if you see a car that's closer and it's ahead of you, then it's a backmarker, and if it's behind you, you're being lapped (in which case you should also be getting a blue flag).

So yeah, it does indeed work in fullscreen with R3E, which is great. What's not so great is that it seems to not play nice with Afterburner, which I use to limit my framerate, *and* it seems to show up on OBS capture, which is both less than ideal. But I'll see what can be done (and found on the web) about that.

But yeah, this would indeed be very helpful for seeing who's in front of you and who's behind you in blue flag situations or current implementation of multiclass racing.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 503495

I am new to this title and am struggling badly with the menus. One item that frustrates me most is the inability to have the virtual wheel match the real one. It's an older Fanatec with 900º of rotation in the settings and set to OFF on the wheel itself. Even when entering the same value for the game, it does not match.

@GPL Don't know much about Fanatec wheels in R3E and you didn'tgive us much information. Never had any real issues with matching rotation, both with DFGT and with the T300. But if you're doing it the manual way, one thing that springs to mind - is your wheel set to be linear? Also, do none of the cars match?

• Deleted member 503495

@GPL Don't know much about Fanatec wheels in R3E and you didn'tgive us much information. Never had any real issues with matching rotation, both with DFGT and with the T300. But if you're doing it the manual way, one thing that springs to mind - is your wheel set to be linear? Also, do none of the cars match?

It's a 900 degree Porsche wheel (2nd generation) where if you leave the setting to off, the game has the ability to control the rotation. The profiler is also set to 900 to allow the full range if the game desires so.

In raceroom itself I try all settings. Match setup, custom, and that other one. I have also tried setting everything to a car value (450) in the profiler before and after launching the game and trying a specific setting. It rotates all wrong. I had that with prototypes and the fake IndyCar, I think it once matched with group 5.

I guess a follow up question would be if my car will rotate based on my real wheel if I remove the visual wheel and arms. I'd prefer the virtual reference of at least my wheel but could drive without a virtual wheel if it's a short-term solution.

It is baffling that Sector 3 has not prioritized work to improve the UI and functionality.

It's a 900 degree Porsche wheel (2nd generation) where if you leave the setting to off, the game has the ability to control the rotation. The profiler is also set to 900 to allow the full range if the game desires so.

Do you have an AUTO setting (AUT?) on the wheel? Might only be on later generation wheels / Clubsport range though. Think that overrides the Fanatec Windows profiler setting and ensures in-game rotation is matched.

Also, have you installed the latest Fanatec drivers?

I guess a follow up question would be if my car will rotate based on my real wheel if I remove the visual wheel and arms. I'd prefer the virtual reference of at least my wheel but could drive without a virtual wheel if it's a short-term solution.

I believe most of the cars have now been fixed and do feature full rotation with driver arms enabled. I know I do use driver arms and I can't recall any issues with it. So I don't think it should matter whether you have driver arms/on screen wheel enabled or not. But who knows.

It is baffling that Sector 3 has not prioritized work to improve the UI and functionality.
Sector 3 is a small studio that has a lot on their plate. They're also not the ones calling the shots so it's not really up to them what will they work on. But I believe there's been some talk about AI changes a while back, though nothing has materialised just yet (but we gained the ability to customize HUD layout a bit and we just got the inputs widget in the last patch, which could both count as UI related, I guess).
Also, don't forget that this is all very subjective - what you see as a very important change might not be what others see as an important change. An old Fanatec wheel might be a fairly niche product to support, and possibly even a difficult one to support as the wheel might not be readily available to them.

• Deleted member 503495

Thanks for responding so far. My wheel has the latest drivers and firmware and it's the orange cover one (belt-driven). OFF works similarly to Auto, where the game sets the range. It has worked with all other current titles including their Race series or even Dirt Rally.

It is odd to try all settings and see the virtual wheel move at about 50-100% faster rate than what I'm turning. What other information from my setup would you like me to provide? How do either of you adjust both wheel and game settings?

Regarding UI, opinions can be subjective but the functionality is poor and unintuitive. The FOV multiplier was one thing I learned from your post. I have seen screens of the previous UI which was even worse with the giant button but when rFactor2 old and current UI are better, there really is a problem. If only they'd consult with a designer (not myself as I only briefly studied it).

I bought in with hopes of supporting the group make the unreal 4 update trying to find something to enjoy. "Small studio" can be a very relative term and an easy escapegoat word for all matters of sins.

Edit: if anyone can provide information that no virtual wheel offers correct steering, I'll be satisfied enough for the short-term as it at least lets me play the game. I think older Simbin titles allowed for a higher turn than 270 degrees that way.

How do either of you adjust both wheel and game settings?
You won't like the answer, but - I just don't. I have no need to. I just have everything set to default in the wheel's control panel with the steering set to Match Setup and it just works. Currently on the T300, but it was the same with the DFGT before that (though you had to be using the correct drivers for the wheel for the auto steering wheel rotation to work correctly).

Hello!
I'm totally new in this game. So far I've been playing with Project CARS 2, but I've got enough of the conditions which reign them. Raceroom seems a lot more serious.

However, one thing is very strange to me. In CARS 2 I did not too slow, I think, I faster the 90% of players, won quite a lot of races and most of them were on a podium. But here I'm slower than anyone at least 2 seconds. :D

I suspect that the default G29 wheel settings are not good, cars are turning very slowly, very difficult, slow cornering, the car behaves like a cargo ship.

Could you give some advice? What can I do? Perhaps a more professional G29 wheel setup could help?

Thank you in advance for your help, and sorry for my poor english!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back