Starting to R3E

Hi I tried r3e this week.
First look was good. I tried gt3 cars on race room track and liked the audi
I want to use it on series here.

Can someone share his experience with r3e?

And should I buy the complete pack with vrp? I like to drive gt3 and maybe some other touring cars

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 387850

Glad to hear you're enjoying Raceroom! If you haven't already then I'd recommending checking out R3E Pricing, discounts and tips. I started by buying the Starter Pack which gave me a GT3 car to start with and then I just bought a couple of tracks as and when I needed them. Once the opportunity came up to get the Premium pack on discount I jumped at it, and you get some further discount for content you already own from other packs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for replying. On my mind I thought with vrp I have to spend 65 € for complete content.
Because I want online racing and here and srs have changing classes so I need new content soon

• Deleted member 387850

If you’re planning to spend any amount of time in Raceroom then it’s well worth just going Premium. In the club races here the tracks get circulated a lot so the cost would soon rack up if you were buying them one-by-one. I’ve spent about the cost of a AAA game on Raceroom but spent more time in it than any AAA game I’ve ever owned and continue to do so!

On my mind I thought with vrp I have to spend 65 € for complete content.
Because I want online racing and here and srs have changing classes so I need new content soon
Remember that with Raceroom, you only have to own a single eligible car for the race plus one livery. So to participate in say a multiclass GT3 and LMP2 race, you just need either one GT3 car or one LMP2 car. If it's a DTM 92 race, you just need any one of the DTM92 cars with one livery. You don't need to own every car in the race with all of the liveries, like in some other sims.
Obviously you also need to own the track.

But you don't necessarily need to go and buy the full premium pack. It's obviously the best deal as far as content/price ratio goes, but you don't need to shell out 65 euro right off the bat.

@nockel
Hi.
I bought R3E some weeks ago. I'm really impressed who focused it is on motorsports without having any street car. It's all in all a very terrific piece of software with a lot of good stuff regarding sim-racing demands: physics, ffb, and so on. It's my favourite sim-racer together with AC. Never regret it.

I just can recomment to guy the premium-package. But depends of course on that how much time you want to spend with.

I want to use it together with ac. I'm a big motorsport fan. I don't need street cars on a racing sim.

In ac I have some probs with the gt3 cars. Testing R3E with gt3 feels a bit better for me. Don't know why.

Exactly that Nockel. I also race both AC and since a couple of weeks R3E. Lovely race sim!!

I bought the premium pack with the VRP (€65). Last week was also a Easter sale but I'm afraid you're just too late for that. And I bought it a week before Easter ;) But hey even without the discount it is worth my money.

Maybe because I'm still in the "hype phase" as a R3E rookie it sounds too enthusiastic but the car handling, physics, ffb, sounds: this is how simracing should always be! (my personal opinion of course).

Hi I tried r3e this week.
First look was good. I tried gt3 cars on race room track and liked the audi
I want to use it on series here.

Can someone share his experience with r3e?

And should I buy the complete pack with vrp? I like to drive gt3 and maybe some other touring cars
First of all i would recomend you to get the ffb settings on point. Go to you youtube and look for raceroom racing ffb settings. Then get the settings from a guy called manuel staedel. Its in german but just notice the numbers in line and copy them to your wheel. You can adjust after to your licking. But the basic settings are already spot on. After that you can choose by handling wich cars you would prefer to buy. Good luck.

I'm in now. Tested the BMW pro car on zolder for Thursday race here. But I have huge problems with the car on the brake. Sometimes didn't get it slowed down. Do you have some experience which you can share with me

No ABS and also cold tyre + cold brake simulation. It's a very old car so it takes a few laps to heat up etc. Also the brakes can actually overheat I guess.
Not that familiar with Raceroom but while it's not really shown anywhere, these things are still simulated!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back