PC2 'Spirit of Le Mans' Next DLC Coming to Project CARS 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Spirit of Le Mans.jpg

It has been reported via a leak on the Xbox Games Store that Project CARS 2 looks set to receive a new DLC - featuring some iconic Le Mans themed content.

Although it has not yet been officially confirmed by British developers Slightly Mad Studios, nor have any watertight details been revealed, thanks to a timely leak on the Xbox Games Store Project CARS 2 fans have a very welcome idea of what is next in line for the popular racing game - welcome to the world the 'Spirit of Le Mans' June DLC update!

Set to heavily focus on the iconic Le Mans 24 Hour event, the 'Spirt of Le Mans' DLC has a bumper offering of modern and historic racing content to enjoy, including a recreation of the legendary venue as it was in the very early 1970's, joining the simulation alongside the modern layout present with the vanilla install of the title.

As well as the attention grabbing historic layout of the track, the new DLC also looks set to include the period specific Ferrari 512 S and 512 M, alongside the best of German engineering in the form of the Porsche 917 LH. If modern cars are more your thing, the new DLC will also contain three heavyweight modern Prototype vehicles. Coming this June are the Audi R18 (both in high and low downforce configurations), the Porsche 919 Hybrid and the Toyota TS050 Hybrid, all of 2016 vintage.

Prices and release dates have yet to be revealed. More news as it becomes available...

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the 'Spirit of Le Mans' DLC for Project CARS 2? Which piece of content most appeals to you? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
The Le Mans DLC pack is up on Xbox live now, I can't see it on Steam yet probably around 6pm as usual.

From a couple of hours online box racing last night patch 6 seems like another good step forward, just a few noticeable things:

+ The tyre temperature HUD is much more accurate and easier to read, previously I needed the Dash App to get a better read on tyre temps now this works much better.

+ Wheel feedback is again improved, more noticeable on the faster cars, that could be to do with the improved tyre temperatures.

+ The AI were already great and now they really battle each other hard, even in tricky cars like the Group 6 classic they can and do race side by side battling it out for several corners. It's good to watch and easily as good as anything else I've experienced.

+ Fuel consumption also seems to be improved between rich, normal and lean modes but more time will tell on that.

So far so good and I'm looking forward to giving the new cars and track a go later.

Learning doesn't have anything to do with skill and/or equipments.

What's condescending about that?

Patch 6 rocks btw

Not the "learning" part, but the fact that not doing it makes you an "arcade" racer.

Let me put it this way, it's like someone on the far left political spectrum saying that someone centre left is a far right extremist.

There are a Lot of hardcore simmers here who seem to think that anyone slightly on the wrong side of the simmer spectrum is an arcade racer. It's ludicrous and a really bad attitude to have IMO.

The overall message of Haiden's wasn't too bad UNTIL he dredge up that "arcade" term which told me all I needed to know. If that wasn't his intent, then fair enough but I will not tolerate that sort of attitude if it was intended.

Simming is a large spectrum, it's not the private clique of the hardcore only.

Let me put it this way, it's like someone on the far left political spectrum saying that someone centre left is a far right extremist.

There are a Lot of hardcore simmers here who seem to think that anyone slightly on the wrong side of the simmer spectrum is an arcade racer. It's ludicrous and a really bad attitude to have IMO.

Simming is a large spectrum, it's not the private clique of the hardcore only.

Sadly it is much the same on the track day scene, there is something about cars and ego that goes together. There are always those with the superior attitude that it's only a real 'track car' if it's (pick any one or several) RWD, has a manual gearbox, a certain bhp/ton or should arrive on a trailer with a full set of slicks. The more expensive the track session the worse the attitude usually is - those with expensive cars do not like being overtaken and will hog the line. I used to hate the measuring up that goes on before the driver briefing but now it just makes me smile. It's much harder to tell who and what will be fast just by looking and there is often an inverse relationship between car value and driver ability...;):)

Track days are all about learning, pushing your own limits and having fun in a relatively safe environment (and getting that speed desire off the public road!). Just like sim racing I've met some fantastic people having great fun in the most modest machinery, it's definitely not what you've got that counts. Just like sim racing there are plenty of people to stay away from too but Rupert in his brand spanking new Aston Martin who managed to get lost on track is a story for another day!

We're a tiny niche community that could surely do better to encourage everyone to learn and improve rather than playing the one up game with equipment.

Anyway back to PCARS the new R18 and Porsche 919 are both fabulous to drive on the Le Mans Vintage circuit, great being able to deploy the electrical power for a real boost on the long straights and then see how much difference there is without it. Can't wait to try them both in VR later!

There is a video from PS4 with modern LMP1's... The sound of TS050 made me laugh... They did again... It sounds like NA V8, not the V6T. However gonna check it later when it come available on Steam.

PS. Multiple sources say that LMP1's 2016, have no automatic ERS deployment, you have to do it on your own.

Last edited:
Can't wait for tomorrow!

because...now listen carefully.....you're setting the premise that someone who doesn't do what you say in that quote is "an arcade player".....seriously mate you CANNOT get much more condescending than that. An "Arcade game" is Mario Kart, Ridge Racer that sort of game. This whole "arcade" element that is also used in "simcade" is purely an insult, either by design or by ignorance.

If that is not your intent then look at what you're saying a LOT more closely. Not using a clutch or h shift does not make someone an "arcade racer". I mean what next? only those who have VR or triple screen setups are "true" simmers? Or only those with Direct drive wheels?

We're ALL simmers here. Regardless of skill level or amount of equipment. A fact that some fail to see and it's a toxic attitude IMO.

That's because you keep shifting my comments to suit your purpose. I didn't say people that don't use the clutch are arcade. I said people that have a three arm pedal deck and, barring physical limitations or injury, choose not to use it when racing cars that have an h-shift transmission are arcade players, because that would seem to indicate they have little interest in simulation and/or learning how to drive cars.

I never said anything about it being about having the right hardware either. In fact, I stated that I was only talking about people that have a three arm pedal deck. Again, you try to make it seem like this is some elitist thing by twisting my words. If you don't have an three pedal deck, then it's obvious why you don't use the clutch, and there's nothing wrong with that. If you have a physical limitation that stops you from using a clutch, then it's also obvious why you don't use it. So please, tell me (because "I'm listening carefully" <--talk about sound arrogant, btw), physical limitations and hardware aside, if you have a three pedal deck what would be a good reason for not using it, a reason that doesn't hint at your tastes and preferences being more similar to an arcade racing style?

PS. Multiple sources say that LMP1's 2016, have no automatic ERS deployment, you have to do it on your own.
Nice, that's great news! And the R18 even has a working hybrid display, unlike in iRacing :laugh:

@Dennis @Mondyrocks Is it time again? i feel like driving again
Ivan and I are currently looking into some options :thumbsup: "Unfortunately" I will be at Le Mans next week, so the club Le Mans event might have to wait until the 24h race is over.

Enjoying the LMP1-H cars. As others have said, full manual ERS deployment means they're actually driveable now! All three cars feel quite distinct as well.

However, the 1971 sportscars aren't really doing it for me. They're so docile - though I did expect it given how the 917K drives.

Truly enjoying this DLC, it is at it's best in Oculus VR once again. The feeling of being inside the car, the world scale and sense of depth all feel spot on to me and the in game performance is impressive.

This is a short couple of laps in the Porsche 917 LH which has some serious speed in a straight line vs the Vintage Prototype Classics A AI at 100% and 90% aggression. The AI are good to race against, they race each other and make mistakes as you can see around 3m53.

Another good step forward for Project CARS 2.

Pcars 2 is definitely a step up from the saga of 1. Manual ERS adds an additional layer of fun into the game.
I noticed the Porsche 2016 919h the energy is recovered slightly even when not braking, is that normal. The Toyota and Audi 2016 do not do this

Pcars 2 is definitely a step up from the saga of 1. Manual ERS adds an additional layer of fun into the game.
I noticed the Porsche 2016 919h the energy is recovered slightly even when not braking, is that normal. The Toyota and Audi 2016 do not do this
Yep, thats how it is IRL, the porsche recovers energy at high speed.
Im loving the Audi, i knew i were going to love it but that much?

I believe the Porsche car recovers some energy from its internal combustion engine as well as by braking like the other do.

As someone said, Porsche is an exception because it recovers energy not only via MGU-H, but also via MGU-K.

if you have a three pedal deck what would be a good reason for not using it, a reason that doesn't hint at your tastes and preferences being more similar to an arcade racing style?

1) "The other guys I'm racing against don't use theirs, and its a competitive disadvantage to do so."
2) "My pedal set has 3 pedals, but not enough adjustment to accurately heel-toe"
3) "The clutch simulation in <name sim> is really just a crude implementation, using this would be too arcade-y"
4) "In real life, I left foot brake, thus I simrace with left foot braking to ensure maximum transferrability"

I don't care how many times you repeat yourself, your statement sounds elitist. What if I race cars with sequential boxes with my H-pattern box (like modern touring cars, which I do)? That must be more arcadey, right, but it certainly is more hardcore? Can't be sim b/c its not simulating reality?

Also, when you wreck in your sim, do you bang your knee off your simcage or desk? Or snap your head forward to simulate whiplash? Do you always race in shoes and overalls, like real racers do? Are racers who use 3 pedals, but wear socks, more arcadey racers? When you spin into gravel, do you sit out the rest of the session while your car is picked out of the gravel and towed back on a flatbed? Do you sit out 40 minutes picking gravel out of every duct?

I've really had it with this artificial spectrum of sim vs. arcade, online vs. offline, AC vs pCars, rFactor vs iRacing, whatever. All you need is a guy like Vettel or Dixon to come in here and say, "you guys are all just <bleeping> gamers. Just a bunch of wannabes in front of your computers".

Otherwise, this is what I did last night:

Attachments

• 20180605215859_1.jpg
    20180605215859_1.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 212
However, the 1971 sportscars aren't really doing it for me. They're so docile - though I did expect it given how the 917K drives.

I only drove the 512s and I was surprised it was manageable in the rain. Of course, my reference is the 917 Can Am which is crazy-crazy. I'm not going to complain about driveability, this way I can have a decent full race.

TOO much content, not enough time...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 22.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • Forum trophies