PC2 'Spirit of Le Mans' Next DLC Coming to Project CARS 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Spirit of Le Mans.jpg

It has been reported via a leak on the Xbox Games Store that Project CARS 2 looks set to receive a new DLC - featuring some iconic Le Mans themed content.

Although it has not yet been officially confirmed by British developers Slightly Mad Studios, nor have any watertight details been revealed, thanks to a timely leak on the Xbox Games Store Project CARS 2 fans have a very welcome idea of what is next in line for the popular racing game - welcome to the world the 'Spirit of Le Mans' June DLC update!

Set to heavily focus on the iconic Le Mans 24 Hour event, the 'Spirt of Le Mans' DLC has a bumper offering of modern and historic racing content to enjoy, including a recreation of the legendary venue as it was in the very early 1970's, joining the simulation alongside the modern layout present with the vanilla install of the title.

As well as the attention grabbing historic layout of the track, the new DLC also looks set to include the period specific Ferrari 512 S and 512 M, alongside the best of German engineering in the form of the Porsche 917 LH. If modern cars are more your thing, the new DLC will also contain three heavyweight modern Prototype vehicles. Coming this June are the Audi R18 (both in high and low downforce configurations), the Porsche 919 Hybrid and the Toyota TS050 Hybrid, all of 2016 vintage.

Prices and release dates have yet to be revealed. More news as it becomes available...

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the 'Spirit of Le Mans' DLC for Project CARS 2? Which piece of content most appeals to you? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I mean what exactly do you want?

I'm sure Haiden can reply for himself but this is my take on it.

I don't think it has much to do with serious vs casual simmers. rF2 doesn't have proper gearbox simulation but I don't think its primarily aimed at casual simmers.

My understanding is pCARs2 does have proper gearbox simulation but its effectively been disabled. SMS's stance is NOT that they are not interested in those who have an H Shifter but that they don't want to disadvantage those using an H Shifter racing against those using paddle shifts. While I'm sure there are H Shifter users who would support this approach, there are a significant number who want to be disadvantaged and want the gearbox to grind if they don't use the clutch or do the things neccessary for a clutchless gearchange.

Elevations e.g.
The Malmedy section is completely wrong. I know it well, this part of the track is still open for daily traffic, so easy to spot. If you want, take a look at video's from that era and you'll see.
I did report it when the first preview video's were released, but I believe the track was finished by then and no changes made.
I noticed some other issues too, but it's been too long since I used the track to remember them all.

Edit: just read your comment about using the clutch.
As far as I am concerned, everybody should be able to play the game, keyboard, joypad, pedals, wheel, whatever.
But it couldn't be that difficult to have a switch, enabling or disabling H-pattern shifter. That way everybody could play the game the way they like, depending their gear.
If you want to shift using paddles or buttons in a classic Lotus, great, you can.
If you want realism using clutch and H-shifter, you can too.

That is how R3E (e.g.) does it. Enable H-shifter and you can't even use paddles. Make a mistake and you'll know, make more mistakes and be punished for it, just like IRL. Be it from grinding noises to damage your gearbox or even blowing the engine. That is how it should be.
If you plan to drive a modern GT, just disable the H-shifter and you're good using other means (paddles, buttons...).

Thanks for the info, shame that happened. Still I enjoy it in RF2 and PC2 equally.

Indeed it would be good if PC2 could have that system, sadly it does not, doesn't make the rest of the crap bad though.

Personally I'd like a LOT more realism in sims, in WMD I actually wanted the gravel traps to be a lot more realistic but got shouted down so just let it go. Mechanical work should be timed and that taken out of the session time (Dirt Rally, MGP15 do this amongst others)...etc etc. I accept that these games are aimed at a broad audience and get on with it. It truly is a brilliant time to be a race sim fan and I find all the negativity a tad depressing if I'm honest.

And then you woke up and realised you were actually at 0 mph playing a bugged video-game. And will never touch any Porsche at all

Embarrassing.

My Rift begs to differ along with the pants tent that is put up every time I lower the Rift over my eyes with this combo...even had my wife pinch my butt a few times, same result. Take alook in the mirror with that "embarrassing" comment...I might have to after that pants tent line.

As for DLC, can't wait. Can't think of a better sim for this DLC pack to hit - full weather, day/night, and this DLC pack. Sportscars fans wetdream.

I'm sure Haiden can reply for himself but this is my take on it.

I don't think it has much to do with serious vs casual simmers. rF2 doesn't have proper gearbox simulation but I don't think its primarily aimed at casual simmers.

My understanding is pCARs2 does have proper gearbox simulation but its effectively been disabled. SMS's stance is NOT that they are not interested in those who have an H Shifter but that they don't want to disadvantage those using an H Shifter racing against those using paddle shifts. While I'm sure there are H Shifter users who would support this approach, there are a significant number who want to be disadvantaged and want the gearbox to grind if they don't use the clutch or do the things neccessary for a clutchless gearchange.

cheers David, I understand all that, but I feel many want to force that disadvantage upon everyone. Also is it worth all the angst and nashing of teeth that SMS have done it this way?

Agree with you, project cars 2 let me race with the cars i loved in Gran Turismo 4 as a kid.
Panoz GTR1, Nissan R390, Toyota TSONE..... its amazing.
Even if I never venture out of that '98 GT category, the game has been great value for me. I wish the Group C's were a but more difficult to drive (the Sauber C9 is really docile compared to the fire-breathing dragon in AC), but they're still a lot of fun.

One thing I really wish PC2 had are the challenges from AC. For some reason, I love these pre-made scenarios where you're put in a car and have to win (and get medals, etc). Those Challenges have put me in cars that I otherwise would never have tried (like the spec Miata, which is incredible in AC).

One thing I really wish PC2 had are the challenges from AC. For some reason, I love these pre-made scenarios where you're put in a car and have to win (and get medals, etc). Those Challenges have put me in cars that I otherwise would never have tried (like the spec Miata, which is incredible in AC).

I found the Invitational Events and Manufacturer drives did the same for me in PCARS2, I've raced more cars and track, time weather combinations than I would ever have otherwise. I see where you are coming from though as these events are only accessible in PCARS2 as part of the career which I enjoy for the correct motorsport rules and race distances etc but I know many don't like the single player element at all.

Anything that encourages more use of the huge amount of content that comes with these games now is surely a good thing. They've also helped us create some brilliant online races using scenarios we probably wouldn't have tried otherwise.

I found the Invitational Events and Manufacturer drives did the same for me in PCARS2, I've raced more cars and track, time weather combinations than I would ever have otherwise. I see where you are coming from though as these events are only accessible in PCARS2 as part of the career which I enjoy for the correct motorsport rules and race distances etc but I know many don't like the single player element at all.

Anything that encourages more use of the huge amount of content that comes with these games now is surely a good thing. They've also helped us create some brilliant online races using scenarios we probably wouldn't have tried otherwise.
For me there´s a problem, with my gtx750ti the Pagani Winter Night event at the Nords is harder because i can badly drive with 20fps :roflmao:
Anyways this game gave me +200hrs of racing and some of the best racing i had in private leagues.

But you CAN use a clutch with the game, it's just not 100% accurate...sheesh does it REALLY matter than you can grind gears if you're a casual gamer? Oh and BTW my mates all think Im a hardcore sim nuthead, and they ARE casuals.

And why is it absurd? So you are saying that everyone with a game with a car with h shift should just ignore that car unless they use the clutch? Do you want it hard coded into the game that it won't work without the clutch? a Dennis Nedry style "uh uh uhhh" or "Computer says nooooo <cough>". I mean what exactly do you want?

I have a slight leg injury from a motorbike accident that meant I could only get a auto license so even though I've dabbled with clutch I'm not good at it, so because of that I should forego using a large chuck of the cars in games I bought? and anyone else with similar issues? Because other wise it's absurd right?....nice attitude.

You seem to think in absolutes. Of course there are reasons why some people can't use the clutch. I have an issue with my knee that prevents me from racing manual H-shifts for prolonged periods. So I don't get to them as often as I'd like. There are always reasons and exceptions. Is it really necessary to state that disclaimer with every reply, or can we just start accepting that it's implied, and that comments are often in general terms? ;)

To clarify, what I said was, "I don't think you have to be a "hardcore simmer" to think that not using a clutch in an H-shift car is absurd." That statement is totally accurate. Personally, I think it's absurd. I'm sure there are others that agree. And you don't have to be a hardcore simmer to "think" that. That said, I'm just sharing my opinion. I'm not telling anyone how to enjoy their titles. If you want to sit around watching your clutch pedal collect dust while you race H-shift cars with paddles, go right ahead. I just don't understand it.

If you don't have a clutch, that's one thing. But, barring some injury or physical limitation, why exactly wouldn't you want to use it if you have one? I didn't know how to heal-toe, before I started sim racing, but I learned, because I wanted to do it right. That desire to learn and get close to realism is one of the things that separates sim racers from arcade racers. Are any sims 100% realistic? Of course not. But, IMO--and you're welcome to disagree--when it comes to sim racing, if you don't understand or have a similar desire for realism, then I think you know which side of the sim vs. arcade coin you're standing on. :thumbsup:

more content for pcars2 is always welcoming.. I know some like to think too much of the negatives,,, but i for sure enjoy the hell out of it! in VR, its perhaps the most beautiful sim to date.. everything is highly detailed, and the positional audio is awesome (engine sounds like its behind you when you got the vr headset on). Its a gamei can jump straight into, i dont need to spend hours setting up my system or looking for tracks/mods to download. Just a few tweaks like the jack spade ffb setup, and thats it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjUia7lAxsr/?taken-by=gstyle_s30

You seem to think in absolutes. Of course there are reasons why some people can't use the clutch. I have an issue with my knee that prevents me from racing manual H-shifts for prolonged periods. So I don't get to them as often as I'd like. There are always reasons and exceptions. Is it really necessary to state that disclaimer with every reply, or can we just start accepting that it's implied, and that comments are often in general terms? ;)

To clarify, what I said was, "I don't think you have to be a "hardcore simmer" to think that not using a clutch in an H-shift car is absurd." That statement is totally accurate. Personally, I think it's absurd. I'm sure there are others that agree. And you don't have to be a hardcore simmer to "think" that. That said, I'm just sharing my opinion. I'm not telling anyone how to enjoy their titles. If you want to sit around watching your clutch pedal collect dust while you race H-shift cars with paddles, go right ahead. I just don't understand it.

If you don't have a clutch, that's one thing. But, barring some injury or physical limitation, why exactly wouldn't you want to use it if you have one? I didn't know how to heal-toe, before I started sim racing, but I learned, because I wanted to do it right. That desire to learn and get close to realism is one of the things that separates sim racers from arcade racers. Are any sims 100% realistic? Of course not. But, IMO--and you're welcome to disagree--when it comes to sim racing, if you don't understand or have a similar desire for realism, then I think you know which side of the sim vs. arcade coin you're standing on. :thumbsup:

"That desire to learn and get close to realism is one of the things that separates sim racers from arcade racers"

So bored with arguing this elitist attitude, fine if it makes you feel "superior" to look down on people then go ahead and be my guest. No matter how hard you all justify that attitude it's awful, condescending, a tad sanctimonious and reinforces my dislike of the attitude 100%.

"That desire to learn and get close to realism is one of the things that separates sim racers from arcade racers"

So bored with arguing this elitist attitude, fine if it makes you feel "superior" to look down on people then go ahead and be my guest. No matter how hard you all justify that attitude it's awful, condescending, a tad sanctimonious and reinforces my dislike of the attitude 100%.

I don't feel superior, and I'm not sure how that bolded statement qualifies as an elitist attitude, but if it does, then I gladly accept your disapproval.

Patch 6 has just dropped on both Xbox and Steam, no full patch notes being released this time apparently but there is an overview on the Steam community page. Looks like the DLC could be arriving soon too. :)

Can't wait for tomorrow!

I don't feel superior, and I'm not sure how that bolded statement qualifies as an elitist attitude, but if it does, then I gladly accept your disapproval.

because...now listen carefully.....you're setting the premise that someone who doesn't do what you say in that quote is "an arcade player".....seriously mate you CANNOT get much more condescending than that. An "Arcade game" is Mario Kart, Ridge Racer that sort of game. This whole "arcade" element that is also used in "simcade" is purely an insult, either by design or by ignorance.

If that is not your intent then look at what you're saying a LOT more closely. Not using a clutch or h shift does not make someone an "arcade racer". I mean what next? only those who have VR or triple screen setups are "true" simmers? Or only those with Direct drive wheels?

We're ALL simmers here. Regardless of skill level or amount of equipment. A fact that some fail to see and it's a toxic attitude IMO.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.