PC2 'Spirit of Le Mans' Next DLC Coming to Project CARS 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Spirit of Le Mans.jpg

It has been reported via a leak on the Xbox Games Store that Project CARS 2 looks set to receive a new DLC - featuring some iconic Le Mans themed content.

Although it has not yet been officially confirmed by British developers Slightly Mad Studios, nor have any watertight details been revealed, thanks to a timely leak on the Xbox Games Store Project CARS 2 fans have a very welcome idea of what is next in line for the popular racing game - welcome to the world the 'Spirit of Le Mans' June DLC update!

Set to heavily focus on the iconic Le Mans 24 Hour event, the 'Spirt of Le Mans' DLC has a bumper offering of modern and historic racing content to enjoy, including a recreation of the legendary venue as it was in the very early 1970's, joining the simulation alongside the modern layout present with the vanilla install of the title.

As well as the attention grabbing historic layout of the track, the new DLC also looks set to include the period specific Ferrari 512 S and 512 M, alongside the best of German engineering in the form of the Porsche 917 LH. If modern cars are more your thing, the new DLC will also contain three heavyweight modern Prototype vehicles. Coming this June are the Audi R18 (both in high and low downforce configurations), the Porsche 919 Hybrid and the Toyota TS050 Hybrid, all of 2016 vintage.

Prices and release dates have yet to be revealed. More news as it becomes available...

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the 'Spirit of Le Mans' DLC for Project CARS 2? Which piece of content most appeals to you? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Looking forward to this.
As for the 'shitty hybrid system', I could care less as I detest this type of car anyway.
Re the 961, it only ran at the1986 Le Mans 24 Hours (7th outright) and the Daytona 3 Hours (24th), followed by a disastrous run at Le Mans in 1987, with gearbox problems dropping it steadily down the field until it crashed out in the wee small hours, thereby terminating the competition career of the overly complex GT Prototype.
I'm a rabid Porsche owner and while the 961 might be welcome in PC2 I'd rather see the 356 Carrera lightweights, at least they raced all over Europe and US, as works and privateer entrants.

Last edited:
Did they not say fixes are coming in the next update?
They did. And every update some issues are getting fixed.
But this particular one seems to be not one of them because 'design choice'.
And since this is only one of the several gripes I have (a truly very long list) I end up checking every few weeks if anything has been done, just to close the game again. Such a shame because it does have potential. Their main focus seems to be "game" rather than "sim".

If they are going to add these great classic cars, they should first fix the gearbox implementation.
It is near to useless now, since you can shift H-pattern cars without clutch, at any speed, any rev. At best you get your rear wheels to block (more or less) when downshifting way too early. No grinding sounds. There is even no gearbox damage.
You only need the clutch to start. Most people seemingly don't even realise there is an issue.
And SMS refuses to make changes, despite several pages on several topics on the forum.
And then they ask you if it's really that big a deal !
So far the pCars2 sim value...

That's because most people don't bother with the clutch, whether you like it or not the "hardcore simmers" are an extremely tiny minority within a tiny niche market.

Not a likable minority either as you all seem to think anyone less hardcore is an arcade loving "casual".

A games (because they are ALL games, yes even Asseto and Iracing) sim level is NOWHERE near reality, ANY of them, they all miss off something, concentrate on some areas and don't put as much effort in others. This is normal, but the hardcores have their hissy fits and proclaim one game sim nirvana and another simcade.

That's because most people don't bother with the clutch, whether you like it or not the "hardcore simmers" are an extremely tiny minority within a tiny niche market.

Not a likable minority either as you all seem to think anyone less hardcore is an arcade loving "casual".

A games (because they are ALL games, yes even Asseto and Iracing) sim level is NOWHERE near reality, ANY of them, they all miss off something, concentrate on some areas and don't put as much effort in others. This is normal, but the hardcores have their hissy fits and proclaim one game sim nirvana and another simcade.

They could of catered for the simmers & also the less serious. The game is heavily marketed as being a sim & realistic so not surprising that those who want an authentic experience feel aggrieved. Clutch is a major function of driving that you would expect a simulator to simulate correctly.

You are old enough to know better...and not to offend other forum members because they have a different opinion than yours.

As for the sim/game/arcade thing: since the game hit the shelves SMS wiped several reported issues under the carpet, pointing out it was done because of REALITY. If that is indeed their priority, they should at least fix the gearbox issue, but it clearly is not.

I believe people who are opposed to any change on this in the right (reality) direction, are a little bit nervous because they believe/fear it may show their inability to properly drive the historic cars. I get that. SMS could give us different settings and everybody would be happy, the "tiny minority within the niche market" included.

I'll give you one other example of SMS 'reality':
Different from pCars1, pCars2 now has about 50 (or so) cars with an offset dashboard (left/right). While it may not be an issue for VR users, it is an issue for 2D. It would not be a problem if there was a function to move the seat L or R.
Or (as we can do that using Ctrl+K and some keys) allowing the adjustments to be saved.
When reported SMS said that has been done to meet reality (there it is again) since these cars have an offset dash (or rather seat) IRL...
So we are lead to believe they have spend lots of development time to move the seats left or right a few cm (while they were perfectly positioned in pCars1) ??
It is also BS. Why do I know that ? Because R3E had the same issues right after implementing triple screens. But they did not BS about it and named the reason. And it is not an issue there since we can change the seat position in the files and save them, so there is no need to repeat it every time you take that car out for a spin.

And don't get me wrong here. I started pCars1 on console and played for about 1200hrs before moving over to PC and triple screens (triple screen support was not even there at that time) and adding another 900 hrs.
It kept getting better, lots of issues were solved and I had high hopes for pCars2. So I pre-ordered (season pass included)... Now we are 9 months later and the counter is at 74 hrs !!!
My four other sims show between 400 and 1100 hrs. Does that say enough ?
pCars2 clearly has potential, but it is not delivering.
Keeping in mind the answers from SMS about several issues, it's not going to change either. So in my case pC2 will continue gathering dust, which really is a shame...

"Spirit of Le Mans coming to pCars2"... I'll be checking it out (season pass remember), but my hopes are not exactly high.

Given all this, driving any car around Le Mans in any sim is to me more fun than in pCars2 (btw...there are other sims - or games if you prefer - that have day/night transition and weather. It may not look as good as in pCars2, but it sure feels a lot better).

I find this title so so frustrating ..its is so close to being amongst the best simulations, hell they could even take the "number 1 slot" (imo) if it was not for the remaining "bugs"

It is on my HD and I do use it and have some great fun in doing so, but sadly I do not race online with it, simply because some of those "bugs" are a game changer for me....offline, selecting the right track and car combo it can be nothing short of brilliant.

One of those "bugs" could greatly effect this DLC for a fair amount of users ..the lack of a 'hybrid system' please give us a "hybrid system" with this DLC ..it is a must for any "online player" and even single player..IMO

Did they fixed that pit stop nonsense that make me stop playing the game after weeks pleading in their official forum? (Every AI would be disqualified after a few laps in many tracks). Does "spirit of Le Mans" means they will fix the weather system so I don't have to fear my Le Mans 24h to be ruined by some snowstorm in the middle of the night?... Just asking you know...

They could of catered for the simmers & also the less serious. The game is heavily marketed as being a sim & realistic so not surprising that those who want an authentic experience feel aggrieved. Clutch is a major function of driving that you would expect a simulator to simulate correctly.

They DID cater for both, it's just that both extremes bitch and moan SO loudly, I have read countless threads across various sites of people moaning the games too hard and too sim, then on others it's too easy, not sim enough.

It's a Goldilocks title, those who want it cold moan, those who want it hot moan, people in the middle are happy.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back