PC2 'Spirit of Le Mans' Next DLC Coming to Project CARS 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Spirit of Le Mans.jpg

It has been reported via a leak on the Xbox Games Store that Project CARS 2 looks set to receive a new DLC - featuring some iconic Le Mans themed content.

Although it has not yet been officially confirmed by British developers Slightly Mad Studios, nor have any watertight details been revealed, thanks to a timely leak on the Xbox Games Store Project CARS 2 fans have a very welcome idea of what is next in line for the popular racing game - welcome to the world the 'Spirit of Le Mans' June DLC update!

Set to heavily focus on the iconic Le Mans 24 Hour event, the 'Spirt of Le Mans' DLC has a bumper offering of modern and historic racing content to enjoy, including a recreation of the legendary venue as it was in the very early 1970's, joining the simulation alongside the modern layout present with the vanilla install of the title.

As well as the attention grabbing historic layout of the track, the new DLC also looks set to include the period specific Ferrari 512 S and 512 M, alongside the best of German engineering in the form of the Porsche 917 LH. If modern cars are more your thing, the new DLC will also contain three heavyweight modern Prototype vehicles. Coming this June are the Audi R18 (both in high and low downforce configurations), the Porsche 919 Hybrid and the Toyota TS050 Hybrid, all of 2016 vintage.

Prices and release dates have yet to be revealed. More news as it becomes available...

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the 'Spirit of Le Mans' DLC for Project CARS 2? Which piece of content most appeals to you? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
You are old enough to know better...and not to offend other forum members because they have a different opinion than yours.

As for the sim/game/arcade thing: since the game hit the shelves SMS wiped several reported issues under the carpet, pointing out it was done because of REALITY. If that is indeed their priority, they should at least fix the gearbox issue, but it clearly is not.

I believe people who are opposed to any change on this in the right (reality) direction, are a little bit nervous because they believe/fear it may show their inability to properly drive the historic cars. I get that. SMS could give us different settings and everybody would be happy, the "tiny minority within the niche market" included.

I'll give you one other example of SMS 'reality':
Different from pCars1, pCars2 now has about 50 (or so) cars with an offset dashboard (left/right). While it may not be an issue for VR users, it is an issue for 2D. It would not be a problem if there was a function to move the seat L or R.
Or (as we can do that using Ctrl+K and some keys) allowing the adjustments to be saved.
When reported SMS said that has been done to meet reality (there it is again) since these cars have an offset dash (or rather seat) IRL...
So we are lead to believe they have spend lots of development time to move the seats left or right a few cm (while they were perfectly positioned in pCars1) ??
It is also BS. Why do I know that ? Because R3E had the same issues right after implementing triple screens. But they did not BS about it and named the reason. And it is not an issue there since we can change the seat position in the files and save them, so there is no need to repeat it every time you take that car out for a spin.

And don't get me wrong here. I started pCars1 on console and played for about 1200hrs before moving over to PC and triple screens (triple screen support was not even there at that time) and adding another 900 hrs.
It kept getting better, lots of issues were solved and I had high hopes for pCars2. So I pre-ordered (season pass included)... Now we are 9 months later and the counter is at 74 hrs !!!
My four other sims show between 400 and 1100 hrs. Does that say enough ?
pCars2 clearly has potential, but it is not delivering.
Keeping in mind the answers from SMS about several issues, it's not going to change either. So in my case pC2 will continue gathering dust, which really is a shame...

"Spirit of Le Mans coming to pCars2"... I'll be checking it out (season pass remember), but my hopes are not exactly high.

Given all this, driving any car around Le Mans in any sim is to me more fun than in pCars2 (btw...there are other sims - or games if you prefer - that have day/night transition and weather. It may not look as good as in pCars2, but it sure feels a lot better).

Age has nothing to do with it, I'm blunt, sorry if that offends you won't be the first or the last. I hardly ever make it personal.

The sim/simcade nonsense has nothing to do with the games and more to do with elitist attitudes of a very small minority. Look, I actually agree in principal with most things people moan about, but it is seriously a first world problem. It's a game, all sims are games. They all have problems, some minor (for some) some major (for some) just live with the problems if you can and/or play other games if you can't. No-one puts a gun to your head to play any game it's a form of entertainment for gawds sakes. Yet so many get their knickers in a twist.

I mean come on moaning about slightly offset seating position, really? How exactly is that such a big issue? Compared to the puddles getting too large when time is accelerated it's so minor, it's just a convenience thing. The game PLUS the season pass cost a lot less than a couple of nights out so value for money is through the roof, just enjoy the games you like and be more tolerant of issues that are not so bad.

I've been playing the new TTIOM game and the physics are utterly crap (bikes physics shoehorned into car physics), but it's still an awesome recreation of the TT Course and I loved the game for it. YEAH I'm taking a break for a while as they physics narked me off a load but I'm not flooding threads about the game with negativity and when I am negative I try to balance it out with some positives.

Likewise PC2 has a LOT of positives, a LOT of things it does really well and for many that's more than enough to offset the negatives, sadly for some it doesn't offset, so move on.

also what other games have day night transition and weather? RF2, that's it...or older titles with much simpler physics.

Last edited:
That's because most people don't bother with the clutch, whether you like it or not the "hardcore simmers" are an extremely tiny minority within a tiny niche market.

Not a likable minority either as you all seem to think anyone less hardcore is an arcade loving "casual".

A games (because they are ALL games, yes even Asseto and Iracing) sim level is NOWHERE near reality, ANY of them, they all miss off something, concentrate on some areas and don't put as much effort in others. This is normal, but the hardcores have their hissy fits and proclaim one game sim nirvana and another simcade.

I drive a manual car, have done for 20+ years, So even on a sim rig I just naturally go for the clutch. It feels completely wrong without one - countless false starts in races with the Seat TCR and BMW 235i will attest to that.

I'm not a hardcore simmer. Whether I'm likable, well, depends who you ask.

If they are going to add these great classic cars, they should first fix the gearbox implementation.
It is near to useless now, since you can shift H-pattern cars without clutch, at any speed, any rev. At best you get your rear wheels to block (more or less) when downshifting way too early. No grinding sounds. There is even no gearbox damage.
You only need the clutch to start. Most people seemingly don't even realise there is an issue.
And SMS refuses to make changes, despite several pages on several topics on the forum.
And then they ask you if it's really that big a deal !
So far the pCars2 sim value...
The system is far too simplistic and seems to be catered towards gamepad players.

I find this title so so frustrating ..its is so close to being amongst the best simulations, hell they could even take the "number 1 slot" (imo) if it was not for the remaining "bugs"

It is on my HD and I do use it and have some great fun in doing so, but sadly I do not race online with it, simply because some of those "bugs" are a game changer for me....offline, selecting the right track and car combo it can be nothing short of brilliant.

One of those "bugs" could greatly effect this DLC for a fair amount of users ..the lack of a 'hybrid system' please give us a "hybrid system" with this DLC ..it is a must for any "online player" and even single player..IMO
I think it all comes down to their outdated and badly maintained game engine.

I'm just going to throw this out there.
So far for a pCars thread this one is remarkably civil, I hope it remains that way.:)

I'm trying Kenny, (some would say very trying) ;)

I drive a manual car, have done for 20+ years, So even on a sim rig I just naturally go for the clutch. It feels completely wrong without one - countless false starts in races with the Seat TCR and BMW 235i will attest to that.

I'm not a hardcore simmer. Whether I'm likable, well, depends who you ask.

Ok, but you can use a clutch in the game it's just not 100% accurate (far a myriad of reason..I've heard Trump made them do it or was it Putin, could be the EU for all I know).

The "likeable" thing, well it all depends if you look down on your fellow simmers who for whatever reasons don't do things hardcore. That's the trait that is not particularly likeable.

edit omanrak disagress again I see, let's analyse:
either he/she thinks I'm not trying to be civil in which case they are SO wrong....I could open a can of verbal whoop arse but I'm not.

or they think you can't use the clutch in Pcars2, in which case they are wrong again. Or they think it IS 100% accurate...but I doubt that.

or they think it's a likeable trait to "look down" upon people who're not as hardcore....which speaks for itself if true.

:) hey ho.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

They DID cater for both, it's just that both extremes bitch and moan SO loudly, I have read countless threads across various sites of people moaning the games too hard and too sim, then on others it's too easy, not sim enough.

It's a Goldilocks title, those who want it cold moan, those who want it hot moan, people in the middle are happy.
If it caters for both why it irks anyone from SMS when PCars is called simcade.
There is nothing wrong with being a good simcade.
The public message is (was) we are as authentic and hardcore as sim can be.
Did they adjust it based on reality check already?

If it caters for both why it irks anyone from SMS when PCars is called simcade.
There is nothing wrong with being a good simcade.
The public message is (was) we are as authentic and hardcore as sim can be.
Did they adjust it based on reality check already?

numero one : I'm not from SMS and a lot of "sims" let players adjust things to make it easier, so once again all are simcade?

numero two : Simcade is an insult pure and simple, tell me what elements that PC2 has that remotely come under any sort of "arcade" descriptor and I'll come up with a load in EVERY so called sim, so either every sim is simcade or non are. This is not subjective, this is factual use of the English language, look it up.

numero 3 : do you believe EVERY advert and ad campaign, if so you are an ad marketers dream!!

And according to the devs and marketing teams of the other sims on the market they are also "leaders" in the genre and other nonsense marketing crap. Just take a game for what it is, don't like it then swanny off laddo and stop spewing bilge.

I love how PC2 has all its cars grouped so you can pretty much recreate a large number of different, but coherent, racing series. People should really try the 1998 GT1 category.

Every single car is good (my favorite is the epic-sounding Panoz GTR-1) and it's a blast to recreate those races with all the actual participants (plus the Ferrari F50 GT - which should've been there).

• Deleted member 197115

Grid Autosport
Forza Motorsport
Gran Turismo

What are all those?
Why many put derogative meaning in the word, it's mostly used in context of describing racing game with low to medium simulation fidelity.

But if you look closer, yes, there is no 'arcade' aspect in any of those. Yet the term stick.
May be not-so-good-as-sim-but-fun is a better word.

But the first hit from google search yields this.
https://virtualracingschool.com/aca...-get-started/arcade-vs-simcade-vs-simulators/
Simcade racing games try to hit the sweet spot between fun and realism, between the easy to play arcade games, and the highly technical simulators. This way they can cater to the masses, and give them a feel of what it’s like to drive a racing car, somewhat realistically.
If boots fit.

I agree, I first came across it on Inside Sim Racing where it was used descriptively but it quickly degenerated into an insult. Pity because as a term it did define some racing games quite well IMHO.

Funnily enough Stefano uses the term simcade to describe part of the audience Assetto Corsa was aimed at (around 7:15)

I know some previous posters will struggle with the concept, but he seems to be under the impression you can make a game which appeals to a broad audience from the simcade audience to the professional audience.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back