AC SPECIAL : GT3 @ Nordschleife - Monday 20 May 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Craig, if it is okay with everyone else, is there any chance of increasing the qualifying time - 20 minute practice time seems wasted on Nordschleife?
The reason that I'm asking this is that in my last GT3 race at Nordschleife I got caught up in a cue of half a dozen cars @ T13, despite setting off several minutes after the start of the qualifying session. As a consequence of the wait, I started my flying lap on cold soft tyres and the lap didn't end well. With a change of tyres I only had only enough time to do one flying lap, and that was compromised by another driver - if every car is on the track at the same time that roughly equates to a twenty seconds between each car, but there is more than a minute difference between the fastest and slowest drivers.

I would have been happy to go along with this, but the post has been up for almost a week now and the grid has been full for sometime, so I believe it would be unfair to make changes now. Then there is also the problem of ensuring every driver knows the changes.

All maybe not lost ..I can ask in TS if the drivers are happy to forgo some practice time to lengthen the qualify time.

I'm happy to go with the flow re practice/quali @Craig Dunkley , I'll be at the back anyway... but good grief, this track is so addictive, can't believe I've not used it until this week.... well, I can, 'cos there's been so many great events you've put on so I'd never have got round to it:roflmao:

@Craig Dunkley Unfortunately work has taken over and I’m working away the next few days now

Enjoy the race tonight gents and if anyone is live streaming I may tune in. Love the Nordschleife and GP combo.

@Craig Dunkley, How does the reserve is going to work this time? Are we enough for a second server to open?
Craig decides ofc but from my experience, quite some drivers will drop out before the event starts.
Mostly for full grids it's about 4-6 people.
Taking this into consideration there are not enough drivers for a second server. And for splitting the grid into two servers, this track is way too long.
You're 3rd on the resevers. I bet you'll be driving tonight :)

I have put you on the reserve list ..welcome :thumbsup:
Hey I think you have me twice on the reserve list. I put in a few days ago but wanted to update you on what car I would be using.

On the other hand, if you count me twice on the reserve list, it might be more likely that we get a second server up and running... :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.0%