• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU SPECIAL : GT3 @ Nordschleife - Monday 20 May 2019

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Racing Club' started by Craig Dunkley, May 11, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 20-05-19
  1. Dennis Manke

Dennis Manke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    that would be nice :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 1
  2. RasmusP

RasmusP
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,926
    Sorry guys, my girlfriend called for me and needed help. Needed to leave...
    Hope you have a great race!
    Tariq I enjoyed our little tinkering. Gonna look at the replay tomorrow to see what happened to you at the last chicane!

• Beer Beer x 2
  3. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium

Ratings:
    +737
    Was constantly losing FFB because my wheel thinks it is overheating and pulled out. Sorry.

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. Miguel Batista

Miguel Batista
    Premium

Ratings:
    +115
    Was having a dog of a race after a first crash due to a small bump. My tyres overheated and I spun out 3 more times immediatly afterwards. Never managed to get into the pace and was spinning at least once a corner. Plus, I am having a weird pain in my wrist.

Congrats to the podiums. This is a grueling race for sure.

• Beer Beer x 1
  5. Dennis Manke

Dennis Manke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    Thank you @Kek700 for this amazing battle at the last 2 Laps:thumbsup: the nissan is really fast on the straight so that save you at the end, but the fight was really clean and intense.:)

• Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Celtic Pharaoh

Celtic Pharaoh
    Irish/Egyptian Road Warrior Premium

Ratings:
    +857
    Its okay :) just a series of unfortunate incidents but no one was at fault. A SCG had gone off and tried to avoid it best I could but couldn't quite miss it, lost some speed and you were behind me and couldn't go anywhere to avoid

• Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  7. TheLeftPanel

TheLeftPanel
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks guys for a brilliant race I really enjoyed it. Wolff our battle was phenomenal and you deserved to win that in the end well done mate :thumbsup: thanks again everyone :)

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,129
    That was a close run, R8 v 650 and the R8 pulled away on the straight ...I was watching battles throughout the field, not once did I get bored, not even in the slightest, you all put on a great show, I hope you all had fun.

Congrads to the podiums
    We all know how difficult this track can be, how many laps? 8 or 9 ...and you brought her home, well done drivers, you were all superb :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: .....

Multiclass @ Le Mans next week, I hope to see you all there :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 5
  9. pattikins

pattikins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +163
    I'm sorry about that Tariq & Rasmus. I was way too heavy on the accelerator & spun on the grass. My mind was still on T2 - someone hit the back of me & carried on. I certainly didn't want to spoil your race.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Celtic Pharaoh

Celtic Pharaoh
    Irish/Egyptian Road Warrior Premium

Ratings:
    +857
    Don't worry about it at all! I know how hairy that chicane can be after going full chat on the back straight.

• Beer Beer x 2
  11. Medilloni

Medilloni
    Premium

Ratings:
    +285
    Thanks for tonight's race @Craig Dunkley and congrats to the podium guys, looking forward to watching the replay so I can gain 2 days of lap time:laugh:

Congrats also to @Kek700 for 6th from the back of the grid, awesome result Ernie... just how many Weetabix do you have for breakfast?!:ninja:

First time at the Ring, so huge thanks to @RasmusP for all the tips, videos and fantastic step-by-step guides... I only went off once in a big way, though I did have three picnic trips around the armco, Scalextric style:whistling:

Apologies to @pattikins Patrick, I had a big off in front of you and someone else near the end of the lap, I really hope it didn't spoil your race.

And in particular, thanks to everyone I had (small!) battles with, proper gents:thumbsup:

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  12. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,129
    here here ...Ernie done exceptionally well :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Kek700

Kek700
    Premium

Ratings:
    +411
    Flowing along quite nicely, :thumbsup:no one to bother me, then one moment of not concentrating, “OFF”.
    Bugger. ( accelerating on those raised kerbs is not advised ):confused:
    Noticed James and John were not having there normal good race. ( luckily for me );)
    Then to make it worse, @Dennis Manke behind me in a Z4.:unsure: i knew i now had got problems. The long bits,
    i did not need to worry about, there I could relax a bit.

If i had known i had 2 1/2 laps left i would have waved the white hanker chief and let Dennis go.

Had a bit of luck with @HF2000 and @r!ver_cz scrapping and managed to put them in the way of Denis. I think Han was running on old tyres, me on a fresh set , so I took my time till we got on the old circuit, knowing Han would have to be careful on the
    2 awkward right hand bends before the long straight.
    Then using fresh tyres and the Nissan speed got him before the twisty bits, no chance in the twisty bits.
    Assuming i had one lap left, but had not realised how much faster Dennis was in the Z4, once in the fiddly bits.
    i imagine trying to overtake the Nissan, was like getting past a bungalow.
    After a monumental struggle to keep in front finally managed to find a long straight and off i went on the end of the last lap, only to find i had another lap left. Guess what, had to do it all over again, this time Dennis really meant business.:(

Really, to be honest, all i had was a lot of “luck” and a bleeding great fast bungalow on my side, being chased by a much quicker “potting shed”.

Fair play to Dennis, in all that he was absolutely 100% fair especially considering the frustration he must have had to endure. To be so much quicker, then get to a straight we’re he can pass, then see the Nissan inch away.
    If he had got past, he would have soon disappeared up the road.

Thanks to @Craig Dunkley for putting on another interesting event.

And thanks to everyone for your kind words, it was just a lot of “good fortune” really.

PS, just out of interest, even @Celtic Pharaoh
    Tariq in the AMG was slightly slower on the long
    uphill straight. Bit shocked about that.

Expecting a battle with @RasmusP (Rasmus ) and thinking about what to do about that, especially with the straight line speed of the Lambo.
    Kept an eye on him, but then he suddenly disappeared
    Not that I was ungrateful about that.:sneaky:

Sorry about the windy script, always starts out to be brief, ends up over wordy :sleep::sleep::sleep:

:)

• Like Like x 5
    • Beer Beer x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.