AC SPECIAL : GT3 @ Nordschleife - Monday 20 May 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry guys, my girlfriend called for me and needed help. Needed to leave...
Hope you have a great race!
Tariq I enjoyed our little tinkering. Gonna look at the replay tomorrow to see what happened to you at the last chicane!

Was having a dog of a race after a first crash due to a small bump. My tyres overheated and I spun out 3 more times immediatly afterwards. Never managed to get into the pace and was spinning at least once a corner. Plus, I am having a weird pain in my wrist.

Congrats to the podiums. This is a grueling race for sure.

Sorry guys, my girlfriend called for me and needed help. Needed to leave...
Hope you have a great race!
Tariq I enjoyed our little tinkering. Gonna look at the replay tomorrow to see what happened to you at the last chicane!
Its okay :) just a series of unfortunate incidents but no one was at fault. A SCG had gone off and tried to avoid it best I could but couldn't quite miss it, lost some speed and you were behind me and couldn't go anywhere to avoid

That was a close run, R8 v 650 and the R8 pulled away on the straight ...I was watching battles throughout the field, not once did I get bored, not even in the slightest, you all put on a great show, I hope you all had fun.

Congrads to the podiums
We all know how difficult this track can be, how many laps? 8 or 9 ...and you brought her home, well done drivers, you were all superb :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: .....

Multiclass @ Le Mans next week, I hope to see you all there :thumbsup:

Its okay :) just a series of unfortunate incidents but no one was at fault. A SCG had gone off and tried to avoid it best I could but couldn't quite miss it, lost some speed and you were behind me and couldn't go anywhere to avoid

I'm sorry about that Tariq & Rasmus. I was way too heavy on the accelerator & spun on the grass. My mind was still on T2 - someone hit the back of me & carried on. I certainly didn't want to spoil your race.

Thanks for tonight's race @Craig Dunkley and congrats to the podium guys, looking forward to watching the replay so I can gain 2 days of lap time:laugh:

Congrats also to @Kek700 for 6th from the back of the grid, awesome result Ernie... just how many Weetabix do you have for breakfast?!:ninja:

First time at the Ring, so huge thanks to @RasmusP for all the tips, videos and fantastic step-by-step guides... I only went off once in a big way, though I did have three picnic trips around the armco, Scalextric style:whistling:

Apologies to @pattikins Patrick, I had a big off in front of you and someone else near the end of the lap, I really hope it didn't spoil your race.

And in particular, thanks to everyone I had (small!) battles with, proper gents:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Flowing along quite nicely, :thumbsup:no one to bother me, then one moment of not concentrating, “OFF”.
Bugger. ( accelerating on those raised kerbs is not advised ):confused:
Noticed James and John were not having there normal good race. ( luckily for me );)
Then to make it worse, @Dennis Manke behind me in a Z4.:unsure: i knew i now had got problems. The long bits,
i did not need to worry about, there I could relax a bit.

If i had known i had 2 1/2 laps left i would have waved the white hanker chief and let Dennis go.

Had a bit of luck with @HF2000 and @r!ver_cz scrapping and managed to put them in the way of Denis. I think Han was running on old tyres, me on a fresh set , so I took my time till we got on the old circuit, knowing Han would have to be careful on the
2 awkward right hand bends before the long straight.
Then using fresh tyres and the Nissan speed got him before the twisty bits, no chance in the twisty bits.
Assuming i had one lap left, but had not realised how much faster Dennis was in the Z4, once in the fiddly bits.
i imagine trying to overtake the Nissan, was like getting past a bungalow.
After a monumental struggle to keep in front finally managed to find a long straight and off i went on the end of the last lap, only to find i had another lap left. Guess what, had to do it all over again, this time Dennis really meant business.:(

Really, to be honest, all i had was a lot of “luck” and a bleeding great fast bungalow on my side, being chased by a much quicker “potting shed”.

Fair play to Dennis, in all that he was absolutely 100% fair especially considering the frustration he must have had to endure. To be so much quicker, then get to a straight we’re he can pass, then see the Nissan inch away.
If he had got past, he would have soon disappeared up the road.

Thanks to @Craig Dunkley for putting on another interesting event.

And thanks to everyone for your kind words, it was just a lot of “good fortune” really.

PS, just out of interest, even @Celtic Pharaoh
Tariq in the AMG was slightly slower on the long
uphill straight. Bit shocked about that.

Expecting a battle with @RasmusP (Rasmus ) and thinking about what to do about that, especially with the straight line speed of the Lambo.
Kept an eye on him, but then he suddenly disappeared
Not that I was ungrateful about that.:sneaky:

Sorry about the windy script, always starts out to be brief, ends up over wordy :sleep::sleep::sleep:

:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years