ACC Special Event: Blancpain GT 2.4 Hours of Spa - Friday 5th July 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Was a great race.
Start on P9, than P5, than crash at Eau Rouge and back to last, finished P5.
Sometime you gotta be proud of yourself. I'm happy I made it to the end.
Sadly only 13 people finished the race. That made it quite lonely for some time.

Great race . all though of course some issues just for the game the names above the cars really were shimmering at nite was a little distracting higher beam lights didnt work and didn’t get low fuel warning and navigating the pit stuff is a little cumbersome but other then that this was a cool event and I would like to do more .

Great, weird, frustrating but happy.

Before we started, I looked at the sign ups and thought that I'd do well to finish in the first half. Actually, I thought I'd do well to finish...

Qualified on pole with a slow time, both qualy outings I was held up at the end of each decent lap. Was hoping for a high 16 but it wasn't going to happen. Anyway, still got pole amazingly but I know others had issues too so I'll take whatever comes along.

Managed the start ok and @Gianfrest kept me busy but I managed to just keep a gap I was happy with, however, he went off not that long after and I was on my own. Lonely. That's when I regretted my strategy of a two stopper. Should have worked out how the engine maps work and looked at going for a one stop. I was hoping the crowd would keep the fast guys at the back but they were cutting through pretty quickly.

First pit was fine, the next set of tyres were working really nicely dipping into the 18's - I'd regained the lead after the one stoppers had been in and I was trying to make decent progress to see if I could mitigate the gap that was going to open up with @Celtic Pharaoh when I had to pit again.

By the time that came round I was about 40 seconds off the lead, about a pit stop... Funny that.

@Cristian Haba did a bit of off-roading and his penalty put him safely behind me and all I had to do was stay consistent for a podium...
Around 20 mins from the end I went through Eau Rouge as normal and it didn't like it, just have been 1mm on a funky bit, replay looks fine, but got spat out. From an easy 2nd to a disappointing 7th. Still, way better than I expected, fastest Ferrari, finished and enjoyed it immensely, for the most part.

Many thanks to my fellow racers, grats to the podium and @Ricoow for hosting.

Last edited:
Started from 13th, got as high as 8th, then crashed 2 times in Eau Rouge and 1 time in Blanchimont, so it was a 3 stop "strategy" for me. Sadly could barely find guys that were on the same lap as I after the 2nd crash, because everyone around me just left :/ So I finished last, but hey at least I finished.

No dynamic weather at Spa though?

That in itself was a wrong call personally.

Maybe a little BUT, there was a 25C track temp difference throughout the day, as high as 39 as low as 14, that alone was very hard to deal with.

Shitty start for me, couldnt put a lap together started from 21st I think. First lap was a bit hairy I apologize for any aggressive moves, I just wanted to be in clear air and clear of clusters of cars.

My stragegy was 120L first stint and 100L second stint, this would have been enough only just, but I mis-managed my engine maps and had to pit. Before that happened the track cut got me towards the end of my second sting, so made two pitstops.

Went down to 4th, got back to 2nd. Tariq @Celtic Pharaoh gr mate well done. Pitty that so many ppl quit in such a long race. These races are so much more fun that 1hr ones. Strategy really plays a big role, backmarkers too. There's a lot more to manage. More of this, next time with a bit more weather. Thank you to organizers. @Ricoow

It did not go as planned. Was very happy to join since I was off work today and I spent a good amount of time to get ready for it.

Despite not a good Q, luckily avoided most of the trouble on L1, until a small kiss on the rear bumper compromised the stability of the car. For a couple of minutes I thought all that oversteering was placebo until I finally spun at Campus. So went to the pit, did not show any repairs, but back on track I was able to hold the leader for few laps, which makes me think that the car was in fact damaged.

I let Steve pass, too, and I thought, well, race is long, you car feels good, let's keep up and see what is happening.

Guess me and Steve have the wrong magnet, because I couldn't find the clear passage and I smashed on him after he lost control at Raidillon. Rewatching it on twitch seems like there was a window on the left side, problem was I had already lifted off and I could not get around.

I felt sorry for him and pissed about sitting on the grass without knowing what to do next. I definitely wanted to do more racing, so I teleported the car to the pit, restarted the engine made it until the pit exit and then decided it was not fair. Game over.

Congratulations to all of you that made it until the end and thanks a Ton to RD for setting this up. Really wish there is more during the weekend due to the time shift.

Practice for me was great. Was close to the top 10 which was good for me out of all the entrants.
Quali was a mess, for some reason I just couldn't hook up a proper lap so ended up in 17th.
But as some wise people on TS mentioned, in an endurance race it really doesn't matter where you qualify.
Started and we had the usual issue with first lap incidents. Couldn't see but I dont think it was anyone trying moves on any other drivers but maybe just getting it wrong on cold tires.
Trouble is this is warned of every race we have and some people think they can defy physics... oh well.
After avoiding all the issues I was still in 17th.
Had a moment all of my own and went off getting a puncture and had to pit. This went ok yet I still have to play the find the pit box game as it wouldn't engage the pitstop properly for a while losing time and causing frustration.
Had some good battles into the night with some awesome day to night transitions.
I was really consistent throughout the night, and got into a decent rhythm.
Then I had a couple of offs due to tires starting to go off. So decided to pit. This was a nightmare and I was stuck there reversing driving forward trying different sequences of going in to neutral and turning engine off, leaving in 1st and turning engine off, just wouldn't start the pit process.
Then on the exit I tried to look in my mirrors and hit the pit limiter button by mistake causing a 30 second stop go penalty...
So back to the pits to serve the penalty. Again with the jiggling about in the pits trying to engage the process.
Then it locks controls for 30 seconds for the stop go, fine, I was in there to serve the penalty, but then I finished and about to drive off and it holds me for a further 20 seconds.
Race absolutely ruined by now, I decide to carry on and, after hitting eau rouge the same for the last hour and a half for some reason this one time is different and I get spat out to the wall completely wrecking the car.
So while I really try to finish every race I enter, by this time, and 5.15 in the morning here from a 2.30 start, I'd had enough. Hope you can all understand.
Hope they sort this pitting stuff out soon as its ruining this title for me.
But the racing on here was great as usual, so thanks to everyone in the server, and of course to @Ricoow for hosting. Great event and hope to join more in the future.

My first endurance race and very happy! Congratulations to the Podium! Congratulations to all pilots by the behavior on track! A pleasure run with you guys!
By mistake I understood that he was penalized and had to make a pass and follow, that made me lose positions, then for not understanding well the pit stop, did not change my tires, lost more than 1 second per lap, go back to the pits and again could not change the tires in the end I finished poorly but happy to have made this race! Thank you very much @Ricoow! Next up!

Saw the live from yesterday! All my fans were there! People distorting my name for fun!
Very very right.
I would like to know who was streaming the race yesterday.
Because I woould like to talk to him.
Cyberbullying should be stopped since it starts. Anyway everything is there.

Saw the live from yesterday! All my fans were there! People distorting my name for fun!
Very very right.
I would like to know who was streaming the race yesterday.
Because I woould like to talk to him.
Cyberbullying should be stopped since it starts. Anyway everything is there.
I'm not sure but I think a few people asked about streaming for this race.
I don't know about cyber bullying as I'm not really involved too much with online events, social media and having fans etc.
But I really do hope you get it sorted, whatever it is. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure but I think a few people asked about streaming for this race.
I don't know about cyber bullying as I'm not really involved too much with online events, social media and having fans etc.
But I really do hope you get it sorted, whatever it is. :thumbsup:
Honestly I am happy with streaming. I have no concern with RD.
But with someone else things need to be right and kind starting from now.

Sadly could barely find guys that were on the same lap as I after the 2nd crash, because everyone around me just left :/ So I finished last, but hey at least I finished.
Thank you very much for staying, much much appreciated. I also had 3 stops for crashes, so eventually was behind you for a while!
I felt sorry for him and pissed about sitting on the grass without knowing what to do next. I definitely wanted to do more racing, so I teleported the car to the pit, restarted the engine made it until the pit exit and then decided it was not fair. Game over
It is fair enough, you lose the lap you were on and AC locks you for a bit before you can race again, so you get penalised worse than driving back to the pit for repairs. Next time please just stay, we ended with 12 out of 23 (out of 27 signups) which is really bad if you ask me and I will take action on it during this weekend.

So heads up, if you left or didn't show, there is a good chance of receiving a warning somewhere Sunday.

@Ricoow I left early because it was undriveable for me. I was leading in server #2 when my game suddenly started with horrendous stutters through almost every corner and while braking. Untill yesterday is used to be manageable (my 30 lap test stint was fine) but this was to awful to continue.
I would accept a warning.

@Ricoow I left early because it was undriveable for me. I was leading in server #2 when my game suddenly started with horrendous stutters through almost every corner and while braking. Untill yesterday is used to be manageable (my 30 lap test stint was fine) but this was to awful to continue.
I would accept a warning.
2 things: This is something you couldn't do anything about. There have been guys crashing their car but not returning to the race. Those are the ones I want to speak with. Secondly, I have only the stream as 'evidence' so server 2 gets away with it this time ;)

I got a damn freeze again in Blanchimont, and went straight into barriers! Damn, so unlucky. Smashed the car completely, went straight to pits to fix it, but somehow I got speeding penalty, although I am almost sure I wasn`t, and I just had enough of ACC.

Good race chaps even if it was mostly a couple of hours hot lapping for me. I'd love to see Kunos implement safety car and full course yellow, it would bring a lot of life to this style of race.

Another vote for dynamic weather here - I appreciate it's a bit of a gamble and not to everyone's taste but it's part of racing and a shower could've really mixed things up a bit last night.

Good race chaps even if it was mostly a couple of hours hot lapping for me. I'd love to see Kunos implement safety car and full course yellow, it would bring a lot of life to this style of race.

Another vote for dynamic weather here - I appreciate it's a bit of a gamble and not to everyone's taste but it's part of racing and a shower could've really mixed things up a bit last night.
At some point I was trying to chase you down from P5 and I was gaining half a second, losing half a second, gaining half a second. I think it could have been a great battle after the pitstops if it wasn't for me crashing on cold tyres :(

@Ricoow

So we are clear, I left not because I didn't want to race, but because of the kind of accident I was involved that would not make it possible in real life to go back on the road. That's why I laughed at Steve's comment RIP.

There's no rule in this regard. Rule 3 says return to the pit box, no teleporting. My car was not drivable. I think the way the rule is written makes sense with what happens in real life.

Despite my race was already over I was committed to go back on track. I put a good amount of hours for this event. But I decided not to out of respect for the other drivers, not because I was ready for a beer.

This is the second time I am reproached by you for no reason, so please consider your attitude and be more respectful.

Regards.

That was realy good race! Unfortunely after 1,5 hour of racing my internet proivider switched IP and I was disconnected from server :(

Hope to see more of events like this. (already talked with tech support and they changed time for IP refresh on my account).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back