ACC Special Event: Blancpain GT 2.4 Hours of Spa - Friday 5th July 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Absolutely brilliant. Very last minute for me, virtually no prep and as long as I stayed at 3.5-3.6 ltrs per lap reckoned I could one stop. I could not get the pit to engage, and lost 2 mins in the pits, went from 1st to 6th. Oh well. I was so far in front when I pitted I thought it was going to be a sure thing. Live and learn, live and learn.

More of these please. Weather variability 2 to 3 should keep everyone guessing too.

Thanks for organising Ricoow.

I could not get the pit to engage, and lost 2 mins in the pits, went from 1st to 6th. Oh well. I was so far in front when I pitted I thought it was going to be a sure thing. Live and learn, live and learn.

More of these please. Weather variability 2 to 3 should keep everyone guessing too.

Thanks for organising Ricoow.
Is this a known issue over at Kunos?
This aspect is absolutely killing racing for anything over 30 minutes for me...
(The average stint time performed in the real series during the sprint sessions)
I pitted with good time, pit strategy set up, and I just couldn't get the pit to work... 30 second stop and go for speeding in the pit lane, my fault, but again, couldn't get the pit to recognise that I had stopped... then got handed another 20 seconds for some unknown reason...
It really needs to be looked at.

Thanks for the well oraganised event! I had a very good time. Looking Forward for the next races here at RD.

Racereport:
Qualy: somewhere around P15 Race: P7 Pitstops: 2 (no issues)
Had some practice the days before on afternoon sessions with dry and hot weather with aggressive pre-setup on Spa. Practice session at the event was in the late evening and the aggressive pre-setup loaded different values to the practice I had the days before. That was confusing, the car felt unstable and I tried to correct some things to my liking. At the end of the session setup was ok. But in qualification everything was different again because it was hotter and time was afternoon. Loaded pre-setup and every value had changed to the session before but the car was behaving good. (Lessoned learned: safe your setup) However in the end I didnt got a decent lap together and got a starting position in the end of the field.
I had a good start, no big incidents happened in front. Thats really nice for an online race event. After 15 minutes in the race I tried to defend my position versus another Porsche at the end of Kemmel straight. Guess what happend? Of Course, I lost it trying to surf on the curb on the inside. Entire field passed me.
Had another spin at halftime of the race but at the end I finished 7th (Sadly no real other fights).
No issues with pitstops or penalties. Auto-starter and auto-ignition set to off.

This was my first race with the RD guys. I appreciate the good time and look forward to the next one. Hopefully I will improve to provide more of a challenge for the field. Thanks for organizing the event and for the patience with the back-marker.

Don't you still need to be millimetre perfect getting the car into the pit?
Or do you know if it's to do with manually turning the car off and it not registering somehow?
Its fixed at least quite a bit, I have pitted three times during the race (and a few test pits before) and never had to readjust. It adjusts if you miss by a few centimeters (don't go excessively early or over)

@Ricoow @Daniel Monteiro A monthly endurance race like the one at Spa, meaning above 2hrs, would be a nice experiment. What's sad is the amount of dropouts in such a long race where so much can happen.

I dont know the quality of the driver swap feature, but RD can be the first for a real long endurance race where two drivers can partner up for a 4hr race or more. That would be mega.

Just one thought about the start, not a complaint. The way ACC currently works, there is some sort of exploit that consists in backing off (slowing down under the limiter) and put the foot down before the leader gets a green light (it always happens at the same place, this is not randomised). That builds a gap behind you and gets you at T1 at a much higher speed than the guys in front who do not or cannot (ie the leader) play it "smart". That increases the risk of first corner mess. Skipping the full warmup lap somehow make things worse as tires and brakes are dead cold.

@Ricoow @Daniel Monteiro A monthly endurance race like the one at Spa, meaning above 2hrs, would be a nice experiment. What's sad is the amount of dropouts in such a long race where so much can happen.

I dont know the quality of the driver swap feature, but RD can be the first for a real long endurance race where two drivers can partner up for a 4hr race or more. That would be mega.
I did drop out of this one. Out of pure frustration. Sorry.
The rF2 endurance at Le Mans on the other hand, I stayed as could pit without issue and really enjoyed the whole event.
I want to enjoy Endurance racing in both titles, they just need to sort the problems with the starts and the pit stops and it will be golden

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back