AMS2 Special event | 1.5 hour race | Historic Multiclass | Daytona Road Course | Thursday January 5th

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Did anyone else experience lags/stutters? I have a pretty beefy PC (4090, 64GB OC'ed RAM, AMD 7700x) and still had some lags, especially when leaving/re-joining the oval after the infield loop

Last edited:
No stutters for me - that's rare, there's usually a moment ot two per race. This why I was saying to reduce the pitcrew settings amongst other settings to iron out the FPS issues that AMS2 has. Night and lights often introduce a big FPS hit. Your system should have no issues with running high settings, but welcome to the mad, infuriating world of random MP issues on AMS2.

Last edited:
Also, Jan I thought you'd be past me by the time I turned in to that awful left before the Banking, but I should have gone to the right and had you pass on the inside.
Nope, the Sauber's brakes are terrible and the speed is great, ergo it does mean it has a rather long stopping distance. I didnt see any problem going outside there, didnt crew chief tell you 'outside'? Anyway, no biggie, didnt mean anything in the overall classification anyway :)

Yeah that was a terrible accident. Saw it happen. Was a shame. The fight of the 3 group C’s in front was very nice
Its been years since I've had a crash that big, would have been a trip to the ER had it been real life. S h i t happends and I'm not mad about it, just dissapointed as it ruined what was shaping up to be a big fight among the 3 of us :(

I don't use crew chief, and in VR it's usually enough to glance L/R to spot an overtaking car. I simply didn't have time, not even to look at the radar to see where you were once I had commited to the inside line. Anyway, I don't think I'll be doing any more Multiclass racing as I find having to race my car, my class, and also check on where faster cars are and calculate their probable overtakes too much work.

Last edited:
I don't use crew chief, and in VR it's usually enough to glance L/R to spot an overtaking car. I simply didn't have time, not even to look at the radar to see where you were once I had commited to the inside line
I understand what you're saying, but crew chief eliminates the time you need to look in mirrors, glancing and looking at the radar, basically all the stuff you said. Crew chief will alert you of any car trying to pass in a stressfull situation. Once alerted, your peripheral vision will take over. Its a wonderful tool as it keeps your eyes on the road.

Last edited:
I understand what you're saying, but crew chief eliminates the time you need to look in mirrors, glancing and looking at the radar, basically all the stuff you said. Crew chief will alert you of any car trying to pass in a stressfull situation. Once alerted, your peripheral vision will take over. Its a wonderful tool as it keeps your eyes on the road.
I was finding the CC callouts for blue flag a bit too early (I think it's a problem with the game blue flag notifications and not CC). I ended up going off twice looking for the faster car when it was still a fair few seconds back. I suspect part of the problem is just me being unable to process all the extra info, but if anyone has an idea of how to get the spotter callouts closer, that would be much appreciated :)

Yeah, crew chief is the best sim tool ever made. I've had issues with it over the years - esp in RF2 and stopped using it. Recently, I tried to get it to respond to voice commands and it was a comedy of errors. I gave up - again just too much work. The blue flags in AMS2, which seem to be triggered if you are in the same time zone as a Group C car, are bloody annoying. I ran off in the early laps, by the pits, when a blue flag and a non existent car caused me to lose my sht looking for it in my mirrors. Just a big NOPE, for me for future multi class.;)

Agree withball of this. Been using it for 4 months now and dont want to go back.

If you're not in VR, just using the Look Behind button for little to no time does so much more than Crew Chief will ever do. If you looke behind at places where you have time, then you can plan for faster cars approaching. In sections like the hairpins, it's honestly easier for you to just drive normally and let the faster cars out-accelerate you. If it's a tight section sometimes the best thing for both cars is for the faster car to just be patient for a corner or two. The turn 3 left kink is a terrible place to pass here for example, you can get an exit and dive up the inside at the next hairpin nice and easily without the slower car ever having to deviate from their line for example.

If you don't like having to let the faster cars pass, or at least the spacial awareness part of faster cars, then go in the faster class. I often prefer being in the fastest class because I can be in command of the overtakes of the slower class and I try to do it in a way that won't impact the race if the slower car where possible.

I find slower class most enjoyable. I like being in charge off letting faster cars pass as soon as possible while mainting as much as an optional racing line as possible. Especially when you are in a fight with another car in your class and you can gain time in him/her that way. This adds greatly to the joy of racing for me.
I have experienced im my simcareer that in many events lesser gifted (or unexperienced) driverschoose the faster class, i figure because faster menas better for them. Lots of time though they are not best qualified to drive thoes cars and their overtaking of slower classes isnt up to par yet. Ideally you should prove your racepace in slower class before you move to fastest class.
This however is not managable for is, otherwise I would have implemented this rule. (Future element? Who knows)…

A bit late to the (race review) party; but nice race Thursday.

Unfortunately Jan and Stefan had their problems early in the race, it was shaping up to be a good battle. Had a very big moment myself at the 3rd / 4th lap passing a slower than expected BMW with the car breaking away under braking, veering off to the wall! Somehow I rally crossed over the grass, inches from the wall, kept the car in shape for the next corner and kept the lead! :whistling:

After Jan and Stefan their crashes it was all about keeping consistent and hitting your marks. I really like the multiclass format, there is always something to do on track by passing other cars. Traffic was good in my eyes, everyone was very clear with their lines. And when you keep some margin, it all works really well. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back