rF2 Special : 397 Multiclass @ Le Mans - Fri 28 June 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I only have two skins, they are rfactor failures,.. @Paul Glover @Gasper Zupan the vehicles are 2: "Jose Blanco and RACEDEPARTMENT" the others are from other colleagues including Gasper:):):);):thumbsup:
View attachment 312685
Ok, I see how my post was a bit unclear.

"Jose Blanco.veh" is incorrect. You cannot edit the name of the .VEH file.

VEHfile_NO-NO.png

Great fun while it lasted but game froze for me causing a crash so I quit. Back to micro freezes and taking 4mins to load time for a reinstall of rf2 I think.
@Paul Glover yeah I did the same as you missed my braking point while watching for you and Kresh but some how I made through the chicane ;)
Some great side by side moments with @Kresh great racing mate.
Thanks to everyone for coming along and making this such great event.
Congrats to podiums in each class and to everyone that managed to finish the race.

Thanks for the race, that was really great fun! Really enjoyed the battle with @Kresh and @Paul Glover That certainly wasn't the cleanest ride but lots of fun! :D
Yea mate that was a fun battle, I am sure I wouldn't have caught you that easily if you had changed to fresh tyres :D.

Some great side by side moments with @Kresh great racing mate.
That was great Stephen as always, but I didn't have the pace to keep up with you and Bozo Fujs touched my right rear on the second chicane his contact made my car loose, trying to keep it under control I locked up just about held it and lost a place. Shame for your problems I am sure we would have had some more battles after the pit stops.

This was a very fun race I had a great time, maybe next time I should minimize mistakes more. I was third two times, first time I got a stop and go penalty because of a mistake I made at the dunlop curve, turned to early for the first apex which I cut then went wide on the outside and it was an automatic stop and go, and the second time I lost it my self with a stupid spin :confused:. I think I managed to finish 4th which I am very happy about.

Thank you to @Craig Dunkley and @Stephen Gibb for organizing this event and everyone taking part, as always is fun racing with you guys.

Now I am ready for a 24h Le Mans here in RD, maybe it can happen if there is enough interest. ;)

This skin sharing problem looks to me like a huge security flaw. Maybe RD shoud stop skin sharing for now.

Sorry to be a bit off topic but it seems to have ruined people's races (baiscally acted as some weird DoS attack) and what happens if someone imbued some malware code on the skin file?

I switched off customs skins, so I’d recommend that as the way forward!

I really enjoyed practising for this one, the track was great and the p2 feels so much better than gt’s to me. I could probably get another 1s in qualie, but I wasn’t quick enough to faze the first 3, so I was in a 4th place limbo, which turned into the lead of the race (albeit briefly) on lap one! However, I knew I was way slower than the other guys, so I didn’t fight too much. Kept the gap to Shawn at around 4s towards the end of the first stint, but I think he’d eased off at this point. Pitted early to avoid traffic, but changed tyres, which cost me too much time. Picked up a stop/go, then another soon after because the overly harsh cutting rules, but found that the longer I got into a stint the looser the car got. After some scary moments I decided to call it a day before I ruined someone’s race.

I really enjoyed this car and track but I need some of that creamy setup goodness from mr @Shawn Jacobs so I can get on the pace with these cars!

Thanks for the event RD, hopefully we’ll get another crack at it soon!

This skin sharing problem looks to me like a huge security flaw. Maybe RD shoud stop skin sharing for now.

Sorry to be a bit off topic but it seems to have ruined people's races (baiscally acted as some weird DoS attack) and what happens if someone imbued some malware code on the skin file?

I think the word ruined is rather strong, many of us had fun.

If you are looking to inject RF2 with something nasty there are "holes" in many other areas, so just to blam skins totally is wrong.

Weird, I had only one rcd file… but I also must have been the only one that didn't get a freeze when Juan left! So it is clearly related. One of those rF2 things probably...
I won't complain as I gained 2 seconds on everyone...:D

I enjoyed every minute of the race, it was a very good experience.
Many thanks to Studio 397 for the great track, Racedepartment for hosting it and everybody on the grid,
See you in the next one.
Not sure where you were in terms of pit stop strategy etc, but that was a fun battle we were having there for a while :thumbsup:

I think the word ruined is rather strong, many of us had fun.

If you are looking to inject RF2 with something nasty there are "holes" in many other areas, so just to blam skins totally is wrong.
I don't know rfactor 2 that well but this worried me to be honest. Some people complained they got booted out of the game and had hundreds of skins in their shared directory so that is why I mentioned this. I am not "blaming" skins. I merely suggested it as a precautionary measure based on the fact that apparently a wrong skin file can act as a DoS attack.

I don't know rfactor 2 that well but this worried me to be honest. Some people complained they got booted out of the game and had hundreds of skins in their shared directory so that is why I mentioned this. I am not "blaming" skins. I merely suggested it as a precautionary measure based on the fact that apparently a wrong skin file can act as a DoS attack.

.RCD file is not a skin file..you was not even part of the event? ..before you start throwing claims about you need to be clear in your facts.

.RCD file is not a skin file..you was not even part of the event? ..before you start throwing claims about you need to be clear in your facts.
No. I was not a part of the event and, as I said, I don't know rFactor 2 that well. It was just what I understood from what I read. There seems to be a problem with a user skin that added hundreds of files to some user's computers and could have been the cause for crashes. Hence my suggestion of stopping skin sharing until issue is resolved.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 1 4.5%