• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU Special : 397 Multiclass @ Le Mans - Fri 28 June 2019

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Craig Dunkley, Jun 17, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 28-06-19
  1. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,434
    Why are you so concerned about RF2 users? ...why are you suggesting anything? ..you was not part of the event and from what I see you do not even race RF2, so please stop scaremongering users with your maybe's.

I was hosting the the event and know the EXACT problems that myself and some users experienced. I will hopefully be speaking to someone from 397 on Monday and hopefully get a quick answer.

• Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium

Ratings:
    +787
    I'm not at home until later today, so I can't make fancy screenshots to explain how to do it. :)
    I'll post as soon as I can.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Cosimo

Cosimo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +221
    My game hasn't crashed btw and all those rcd files is the first time that happens to me in more than 6 years of rF2...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tero Dahlberg

Tero Dahlberg
    Livery Designer Premium

Ratings:
    +427
    As you said yourself, it's just speculation that it was causing issues. And that file shouldn't have been edited by hand in the first place. You can if you really know what you're doing and have tested it.

Of course an .RCD file with erroneous info shouldn't cause such an issue. That's obvious. But I don't think it's reasonable for devs to have anticipated for this scenario to be a very likely issue. If this is reported to them then maybe they will look at it. Especially if it can be proven to have caused issues ie. replicated reliably.

But it's not a bad idea to stop using the "virtual ride" style skin sharing. Especially as there is another way that is zero risk(?) and gives almost exactly the same end result - custom livery for others to see.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. Miguel Batista

Miguel Batista
    Premium

Ratings:
    +191
    Yes. My concern was only with sharing between users on RD. Not what the devs should've anticipated or not. I am following rfactor 2 related races with some attention as I recently got the game and want to race in it. I honestly just made what seemed to me a sensible suggestion but I do not know rFactor 2 that well so appologies if it was not that sensible at all.

Cheerful and see you on the track!

• Love Love x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.