Sophia Floersch Survives Horror Macau Accident

My biggest concern is for the poor marshall/Trackside staff member who not only has the debris fence pole hit him on the head, but then after falling to the ground, has the back of an F3 car land on him! (watch the slo-mo video carefully). Hope that guy is ok!

“First of all it was such a scary moment,” said the Prema Powerteam driver, who was making his way through the pack after a crash in the qualification race and an engine change relegated him to 28th and last on the grid.

“Coming after Mandarin [the preceding right-hand kink], I saw the yellow, but I think it was just a mistake by the organisers’ station.

“Sophia was really close to Jehan, so when Jehan braked early she had no time to react.

“She hit Jehan’s right-rear, and that spun her around straight into Lisboa, and she flew into the other car.

“I just hope she’s OK.”
so that's a confirmation about one of the earlier post here, this is why she was so fast when her car started to fly, she wasn't even able to brake before crashing to Jehan as it seems the guy braked early because of that yellow flag....
I wish her a fast full recovery

Most importend that everybody involved gets well soon. The Crash Needs to be examined to avoid that such crash is possible in future. But please, no over reaction in this times. Motorsport is seen in the puplic as a old unnecessary Dinosaur. One big crash with spectators involved and it could get banned in some countrys

I find it disturbing with some of the macho posturing, pointless arguments and reports in this thread when a young racing driver lies in a serious condition in a hospital bed.
Really some of you really need to take a good hard look at yourselves.

When incidents like this happen a discussion of safety is inevitable.

And I don't think it's fair to tell people they should reflect on their person just because they brashly posted a comment to a website, comments will often evoke emotions the poster didn't intend.

Last edited:
Excuse me...

I really hate this over reaction. If people thought that way there would be no racing nowadays. Plus nobody is forced to race, nobody is forced to watch. If you dont like just move on.
Maybe you just move on then. I have known you for far too long that not a single honest word has come from your typing fingers anyway. So by all means, go somewhere else like you proclaim others should do, show the great example.

``````````````
Excuse me...

I really hate this over reaction. If people thought that way there would be no racing nowadays. Plus nobody is forced to race, nobody is forced to watch. If you dont like just move on.
Soooo you are saying that the IOM is not dangerous? Cause I think a whole lot of people would disagree, exciting no doubt about, yes it is dangerous, the guys that race it are just one penny short of lunatics,But I would not wish it to end, because then we limit what they live and strive for!

``````````````

Soooo you are saying that the IOM is not dangerous? Cause I think a whole lot of people would disagree, exciting no doubt about, yes it is dangerous, the guys that race it are just one penny short of lunatics,But I would not wish it to end, because then we limit what they live and strive for!
Never said it's not dangerous lol
Video was just for the crowd thinking Macau is too hardcore and "let's stop racing at Macau" :D I edited to make it more clear

Maybe you just move on then. I have known you for far too long that not a single honest word has come from your typing fingers anyway. So by all means, go somewhere else like you proclaim others should do, show the great example.
You need to move on buddy. You still carry wrong views from stuff that happened too long ago. No need to bring this here, if you have any issue with me send a PM, I'm genuinely curious about why you dislike me so much. :)

Last edited:
And I don't think it's fair to tell people they should reflect on their person just because they brashly posted a comment to a website, comments will often evoke emotions the poster didn't intend.
Just look how quickly it descended to trading insults etc. with the same arguments being rehashed.
Five people hurt irl racing should indeed be a cause for debate but it would be nice if some respect in regards to those injured if restraint was shown.
So maybe the keyboard warriors should shoulder arms occasionally.

It is a dubious debate to start with, so it is fairly normal that it goes south. Macau IS dangerous, we all know that and there was a death in the bike race 2 or 3 years ago to remind everyone of it.

Racing is dangerous in any means, don`t forget that. Sadly, these kind of things were happening (much more in the past), and will happen. I hope she get well soon, and back into the racing car too.

Because the speed it happens in. E.g DRS v non-DRS, moving under braking before the other car have applied brakes etc.
Situations like this is the exact reason why such things should be clamped down on.
Well I agree with the DRS thing, that device should be removed anyway, in the tracks where it works cars pass each other like multiclass racing while battling for position, it's pure luck and skills that none of them has take flight like this F3 car to be honest, imagine this happening at Red Bull Ring T1 the car will go easily over the fence.
However it's not what happened here.

Five people hurt irl racing should indeed be a cause for debate but it would be nice if some respect in regards to those injured if restraint was shown.

I can agree with respect being given but I can't say I see any disrespect towards any of the drivers in my opinion.
But I can see that you feel strongly about giving respect when a incident occurs and that is very respectful in itself and I'm sure there are a lot of people not commenting who feel the same way you do.

Some users around...yup, the workd is getting better and better.

qYsn4i9.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back