Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

Yes, we need to have access to post processing for that. I would like to add a little bit depth of field.
TrackMap.fx is usedin game, but only for changing color on track color in menues.
I wonder if the game calls the technique ColorCorrectionRGB2HSV ?
I have not been able to find the call from the game. If we could add "calls" somehow we could add many interesting things.

I think the screen shader used is called L0screenT0, fvf_screenT0 or fvf_screenspace, but I don't know if that can be used in some way.
Maybe it is possible to hex edit shader name, but I don't know how the format of a screen shader works yet.

Last edited:
Yes, we need to have access to post processing for that. I would like to add a little bit depth of field.
TrackMap.fx is usedin game, but only for changing color on track color in menues.
I wonder if the game calls the technique ColorCorrectionRGB2HSV ?
I have not been able to find the call from the game. If we could add "calls" somehow we could add many interesting things.

I think the screen shader used is called L0screenT0, fvf_screenT0 or fvf_screenspace, but I don't know if that can be used in some way.
Maybe it is possible to hex edit shader name, but I don't know how the format of a screen shader works yet.
In TrackMap.fx maybe we can use
MinFilter = ANISOTROPIC;
MagFilter = ANISOTROPIC;
MipFilter = LINEAR;

but that is probably better defined in Nvdia or AMD control panel.

Edit: Only for loading tracks. :(

Last edited:

0-Race07-Graphic-and-Shaders-Playground-Donington-default-graphic-1.jpg

Race07/ Evo default graphic with Reflection Mod

1-Race07-Graphic-and-Shaders-Playground-Donington-Player-shaders-srpl20-1.jpg

1 Player

Recommended for gameplay (now with custom BlinnDiffuse shader for diffuse.gfx, custom SPECULAR.GFX, and srpl_20 calls in CUBEMAP.GFX and SPECULAR.GFX .

2-Race07-Graphic-and-Shaders-Playground-Donington-Player-shaders-srpl25-1.jpg

2 Player Shiny

More shiny (now with custom BlinnDiffuse shader for diffuse.gfx, custom SPECULAR.GFX, and srpl_25 calls in CUBEMAP.GFX and SPECULAR.GFX .)

3-Race07-Graphic-and-Shaders-Playground-Donington-srpl-20-shaders-1.jpg

- 3 Player Vibrance

Less compatible, srpl_20 - Race_07/Evo calls to SRPL_20 shaders in DIFFUSE.GFX, BUMPMAP.GFX, CUBEMAP.GFX and SPECULAR.GFX.

4-Race07-Graphic-and-Shaders-Playground-Donington-srpl-25-test-shaders-1.jpg

- 4 Developer Cyberpunk

For testing only - srpl_25 - Race_07/Evo calls to SRPL_25 shaders in DIFFUSE.GFX, BUMPMAP.GFX, CUBEMAP.GFX and SPECULAR.GFX.

Last edited:
Your latest screenshot of the ferrari at Laguna Seca(?) in your shaders file thread looks very nice :thumbsup:
I decided to try to add a tree and a road extra shader to my first release here. These needs to be added to tracks to work.
Everything will need some improvements still, but should give an idea of what to expect.
One thing I want to learn more about is how vegetation reflects sun light. Haven't found anything that looks realistic (but simplyfied obviuosly) yet.

Hard to see from just pictures, but the previous specular light on cars has been replaced by a more reflection oriented solution. I have "invented" it myself, but I am sure other people have written the same thing before :)
Maybe it is just my imagination, but I think the light reflects towards the camera in a more realistic way.

092.jpg

093.jpg

In day light the difference is not so obvious.

094.jpg

While maybe not always looking like that, this is nothing short of a REVOLUTION for a 14 years old game.

To read again

...“These shaders work after the principle of "SIMULATED physics based rendering".
They are not real PBR of course, but they use the available light from the track, and then reflect different amount back.”!

So the “same” rendering principle as in rf2 and latest sims. I’m in no doubt that Andreas, even with many engine/ what’s possible limitations, but with controls over the shaders, tracks and materials can bring his vision to full potential.
Note: One thing that pbr lacks is richness of black, so AO is important to bring those back. I’m not sure is it possible to compensate for that with “more contrast” in diffuse.

Edit: And does this FHDR.fx really do anything?

Last edited:
FHDR.fx was included in the pack from Bjarne, but it is not used sadly. It is from Volvo the game I think.

Made some research yesterday, and for a "technique" in a .fx file to be used it needs to be called from the game.
Hard to add, but who knows what can be done in the future? I think that is our only way to add post process loke ao, blurs etc. without reshade or gemfx.

Do some materials look too bright for you? I have got one report about some bright materials so far, but haven't noticed anything myself yet. I might try to take the "reflection specular" one step further and add it in more places.

I think it is those ones.
Same shining with srpl.
Nothing wrong with this grass color or lightness on hills, actually looking good but main problem is on the road. It's loosing details. @GTR233 emaps are installed on both so ignore car reflections.

Race-07-Nurburgring_GP-original
Race-07-Nurburgring_GP-original.jpg

Race-07-Nurburgring_GP-Andreas
Race-07-Nurburgring_GP-Andreas.jpg

That looks like a shader degrade. Sometimes in some tracks when calculated values gets too high or too low the material gets degraded to a simpler material. But it is often hard to find out why it happens.
Looks like the specular map is not used at Nurburgring.
I will try to add more safety limitations and also more DX8 backup shaders that looks similar to the DX9 versions so the difference should be less obvious. Have to learn more about how to use the shader assembly language and hopefully add some more light effects.

Last edited:
096.jpg

They are included for me here, so probably already taken care of when fixing other things.

EDIT: I see now it is the STCC (1) version that doesn't work right.

EDIT2: I know what the problem is, but not how to solve it yet. The missing trees and sky uses the same shader. Either if I set out alfa to be texture alfa, trees are there but sky gets sunny all the time (transparency is not handled by weather), or I do not set out alfa, trees and some things are transparent but sky works.
dx8 shader is used, so hard to program finer details in the very limited shader assembly language.

Last edited:
Probably fixed now. Seems like it was a shader name conflict, and that only "standard" shaders and names can be used for dx7 and dx8. I'll try to find out what causes bright fresnel shader at some tracks with different light settings and hopefully be able to set a limiter in the shader.

I must ruin the weekend :rolleyes:
Knutstorp is fixed but now city horizon by magic becomes trees on Zandvoort. ;)

If trees, horizons and skies are using the same shader on some tracks it would probably be best (if it's easy fixable) to separate sky to completely new shader?

ReloadedShadersForRace07_openBeta1.1
Race-07-Zandvoort-Andreas-Reloaded-Shaders-1.jpg

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 10.2%