Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

I think the UI is almost finished finally. This was only ment to be a tiny just for fun project, but as always it grew by itself.

Any potential "visitor" will probably not get lost in the menu.

ui31.jpg

No big surprises here

ui32.jpg

Car class, car and driver comes first...

ui33.jpg

ui34.jpg

Finally get use for that extra information in the talent file

ui35.jpg

Track select after that...

ui36.jpg

...and race settings...

ui37.jpg

Wanted to change the aspect ratio the little loading animation, but the game don't seem to like that

ui38.jpg

This page is probably the one I am least happy with. Maybe add something to the background image, but not much I can do.

ui42.jpg

The in race UI is also updated, but it is hardly notable

ui41.jpg

Added track name in some places. Thanks to @abrimaal for tips!

ui40.jpg

Nothing very unusual here, the new design is present everywhere

ui39.jpg

So now it is time for some testing and maybe some last minute changes/fixes.

Some limitations:
Very low resolutions may cause a few objects to be a little bit misplaced.
The Ui is made for 1920 x 1080, but a little bit lower should work too.

Custom championship is not supported

The UI is made for the super touring and btc-t mods. Other classes can also be used, but they will not be fully supported.
The supported mods will be updated soon to work with this UI, but also with standard UI of course.

If someone wants to use the UI it is best used on a separate Race 07 install.

It is amazing what you have done for this game. Race07 was love at the first sight back in 2010 for me (being the first sim that had Alfa Romeos as base content helped a lot), and I'm still playing it a lot today. This UI is just amazing, the one thing that bothered me in the game is now being fixed!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 13397

PLUGINs:
as much i would like to see rF1 plugins in RACE07
i dont think SIMBIN will touch the CODE of the game again (they even shutdown the lobby)

i am satisfied wyth my dynHUD and thought about a XD clone
but the download numbers are so low, i dont bother to learn DirectX coding for a few people

BUT:
RACE07 does load plugins with the file ending SBP
and init them with the call GetSBDTDLL (i assume)

so ask them if they could release the API for that, and of we go ...

Yes, the sad thing is there are not many Race 07 fans left.
We work hard trying to get them back!
You certainly are and those of us who still play it would like to see more players and do appreciate the efforts being put into the game.
As to the numbers, probably with RaceRoom covering wtcc etc, people saw it as a natural more modern successor and of course hardly any servers for mp, also it never achieved the legendary status of GTR2.
New bright shiny things always attract the crowds.

You certainly are and those of us who still play it would like to see more players and do appreciate the efforts being put into the game.
As to the numbers, probably with RaceRoom covering wtcc etc, people saw it as a natural more modern successor and of course hardly any servers for mp, also it never achieved the legendary status of GTR2.
New bright shiny things always attract the crowds.
I can't blame them to be honest, not everyone can be stuck in the past as I am (or should we call it backwards compatible?)

not everyone can be stuck in the past as I am (or should we call it backwards compatible?)
You can talk, as I'm writing this on my phone I'm currently watching highlights of a football match from 1975.
New doesn't always mean better, AC is very poor for racing, AMS2 and rF2 are a bit hit and miss, ACC's content is not that interesting to me.
GTR2 and Race 07 I know what I'm getting.
Okay, back to the footy. ;)

st_trackpack1.jpg

Hard to see from a screenshot, but I think the materials look just a little bit better and more consistent, and the glass windows look very nice when driving by.

Also edited the aiw file so the ai cars can handle becketts corner better (worked well for me at 110%, but at lower difficulty some cars spun) and they are a little bit more interested in passing slow cars.

The track should be repainted to blue/white, but I don't think that will be done now.

Status update:

* Updating super touring track pack. Most of the work is done, some work at Croft and some testing left.
Replacing crowds with the semi 3d crowds (same as Oulton), changing the height of some trees so they are not all the same, remapped grass to add more detail and variation, and updated materials.

1611863004946.png

1611863177828.png

* Super Touring and BTC-T UI. Almost complete, needs some final touches and podium pages tweaking.
Planning to release it after the track pack.

* STCC 2003 (and ETCC 2002)
Project is proceeding nice and slowly. Will add collision feelers. Since there are some shared car models I might make it one combined mod, so I don't have to include many files twice.
Always prefer to only make updates to one file in one place. And that is the reason for the chosen file structure in Super Touring Seasons and BTC-T reloaded.
- I have to complete this mod soon

* Also working on a Tinytweak update to GTR2 ai physics to be included in next anniversary patch

There are far too many projects now, so I hope I can finish

Other:

* Test track from Toca2. Works in game now, but much left to do.

* Fiesta cup 1998 (Toca 2). Exterior is about 90% done. No interior or physics yet, might to have to install Toca2 to check for car specs and setup.

* GT3 Huracan - some exterior details left, then it is time for interior(s) and physics.

* STCC2 tinytweak. Already made, just have to pack it and see that everything is there.

* AL Supercars will get collision feelers.

What you're doing with R07... Man. I'm forever thankful. The work and passion you've dedicated is second to none.
Thanks man.
(just wish the PROCAR category was working with the newer version but hell it's such a niche series lol)

If I could finish a lot of these ongoing projects soon , and if it is ok with @Markano97 I could adapt his GTR2 skins to my updated models and make some addon series. It should not take too much time to do.

So which super touring car series would people (hypothetically ) be interested in?

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 32 16.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 13.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 13.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 69 35.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 108 55.7%