sol not showing up in my controller scipt

But what is not working? What do you see ingame? Please make an ingame screenshot with opened CSP lua debug app (switch to "weatherFX script" tab)
hi im trying to figure out why i dont have the controller script even available to choose from
1686282355672.png

Install Sol 2.2.9. It fixes this..
First of all thank you a lot for your effort. I've solved almost all my problems with assetto corsa but now I still have one problem remaining. When I open sol planner and make the weather rainy, the raindrops are not visible. I only hear the sound of the rainy weather but there is no raindrops. Could you pleas help me

hi im trying to figure out why i dont have the controller script even available to choose from

EDIT!

Just use the newer Content Manager 0.8.2567...
This will work for all CSP versions:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12k8GYrAd9gpnQfIGRrc0LJuf_qhE8uo4/view?usp=sharing

Outdated info:

Are you using CSP 0.1.79 or the latest preview?

If you use the public CSP 0.1.79, you should still use CM 0.8.2467...!​

https://github.com/gro-ove/actools/releases/download/v0.8.2467.39678/Content.Manager.zip

Deactivate auto-updates in CM:
Settings - Content Manager - General - "Check for updates": disabled

If you use CSP 0.1.80preview218, you should use the new Content Manager (0.8.2561....) In this version of CM and CSP, the weather controller is moved to the Drive menu in the weather selection.

Please have a look in the Sol 2.2.8 update informations. There i describe what changed with Content Manager, like the weather controller selection:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sol.24914/updates#resource-update-106116

Last edited:
First of all thank you a lot for your effort. I've solved almost all my problems with assetto corsa but now I still have one problem remaining. When I open sol planner and make the weather rainy, the raindrops are not visible. I only hear the sound of the rainy weather but there is no raindrops. Could you pleas help me
Sorry, its a thing with CSP then....

So sad, it used to work properly before. Had to resinstall everything now sol doesn't show rain. Must go through this complicated one drive uninstall thing. Assetto Corsa, CM and all that is amazing but damn complicated sometime. And I feel it get more and more complicated. Impatient to have something stable without any more updates, that work without having a master degree in computer.

With the latest Pure, CM, CSP, and Sol installed today (vs. when I played last in Mar 2023) I can no longer change weather in-game using the Weather Planner (Sol Planner 4.0) I have to set the weather in Drive menu before starting a drive. Is this correct, or is there a way to enable those clickable weather tiles. I've set the weather using Drive in either static or dynamic to Sol 2.5. Below is what my Weather Planner looks like now. Welcome any help.
20230704_215355.jpg

Last edited:
With the latest Pure, CM, CSP, and Sol installed today (vs. when I played last in Mar 2023) I can no longer change weather in-game using the Weather Planner (Sol Planner 4.0) I have to set the weather in Drive menu before starting a drive. Is this correct, or is there a way to enable those clickable weather tiles. I've set the weather using Drive in either static or dynamic to Sol 2.5. Below is what my Weather Planner looks like now. Welcome any help.
View attachment 677323
Maybe you are in the replay?!

Sol 2.2.9.7z installed by first using the uninstall Sol batch file and accepting the prompt to delete user data, then copied over folders for apps, content, extension, system into assettocorsa root directory while accepting the prompt for replacing existing files.

Content Manager version 0.8.2561.39678.

Custom Shaders Patch version 0.1.80-preview218.

Pure 0.190 installed by extracting into its own folder and pressing install_pure.bat, then pointing to the assettocorsa root folder. No errors noted in DOS window during install; installation complete.

Open Content Manager...
Select Settings in CSP menu to click WeatherFX (Select Pure).
Select Drive menu in Content Manager, click Weather drop-down to click on either:
Static / Controllers / Sol 2.5 (Sol Planner) or
Dynamic / Sol 2.5 (Sol Planner)
Click "Go!" button at bottom right-hand of Drive screen, exactly as I've been doing for years.

Checked inside assettocorsa root and "dwrite.dll" is 0.1.80.218 originated Jan 19, 2023, last accessed a few minutes ago.

Definitely not in Replay mode. There are no weather tiles to change weather while we're in a driving session.

Welcome any ideas based on the notes I've shared here, or other experiences. Thanks for a great addition to the game over the past few years. I'm saddened by this current loss of functionality (the only place we can select weather is outside of a driving session, in the Drive screen before we hit "Go!").

Last edited:
Sol 2.2.9.7z installed by first using the uninstall Sol batch file and accepting the prompt to delete user data, then copied over folders for apps, content, extension, system into assettocorsa root directory while accepting the prompt for replacing existing files.

Content Manager version 0.8.2561.39678.

Custom Shaders Patch version 0.1.80-preview218.

Pure 0.190 installed by extracting into its own folder and pressing install_pure.bat, then pointing to the assettocorsa root folder. No errors noted in DOS window during install; installation complete.

Open Content Manager...
Select Settings in CSP menu to click WeatherFX (Select Pure).
Select Drive menu in Content Manager, click Weather drop-down to click on either:
Static / Controllers / Sol 2.5 (Sol Planner) or
Dynamic / Sol 2.5 (Sol Planner)
Click "Go!" button at bottom right-hand of Drive screen, exactly as I've been doing for years.

Checked inside assettocorsa root and "dwrite.dll" is 0.1.80.218 originated Jan 19, 2023, last accessed a few minutes ago.

Definitely not in Replay mode. There are no weather tiles to change weather while we're in a driving session.

Welcome any ideas based on the notes I've shared here, or other experiences. Thanks for a great addition to the game over the past few years. I'm saddened by this current loss of functionality (the only place we can select weather is outside of a driving session, in the Drive screen before we hit "Go!").
Could you please open Python apps debug in-game and switch to "log" tab. Then make a screenshot please.

And maybe, please also do a screenshot of the LUA Debug app ingame.

Last edited:
Seems all good. And if you change the weather ín Sol Planner, you get no change?
There are no weather tiles at all in the "Sol Planner 4.0" weather planner tool I showed in my first post here.
CSP Debug's "Weather" tab says: "Needs default or compatible controller to override weather type during race.

The only way to set weather for me now is in the Drive screen, with the drop-down for Weather.
Once I hit "Go!" button to start the driving session, there is no way to change weather during that drive. If I want to change weather, I have to end the driving session, exit, and then select a different weather option in Drive page's Weather drop-down.

If I select Sol in CSP Weather FX and in the Drive page, the Pure controller doesn't load, and weather planner looks the same during the drive - no ability to select different weather options during a driving session.

Are there any other things I'm missing, or do I have to roll back to pre-Pure? Are there any new versions of Pure & weather controls that might resolve this? Thanks for any ideas - AC has been my sole driving game for years, and I'm sad that it's broken for me now.

Last edited:
There are no weather tiles at all in the "Sol Planner 4.0" weather planner tool I showed in my first post here.
CSP Debug's "Weather" tab says: "Needs default or compatible controller to override weather type during race.

The only way to set weather for me now is in the Drive screen, with the drop-down for Weather.
Once I hit "Go!" button to start the driving session, there is no way to change weather during that drive. If I want to change weather, I have to end the driving session, exit, and then select a different weather option in Drive page's Weather drop-down.

If I select Sol in CSP Weather FX and in the Drive page, the Pure controller doesn't load, and weather planner looks the same during the drive - no ability to select different weather options during a driving session.

Are there any other things I'm missing, or do I have to roll back to pre-Pure? Are there any new versions of Pure & weather controls that might resolve this? Thanks for any ideas - AC has been my sole driving game for years, and I'm sad that it's broken for me now.
I don't realy get the problem. In your screens you showed me is a working Sol Planner app:
1688618477060.png

If you click on this weather slot, another window will open, where you can select the weather.

If CSP Debug's "Weather" tab says: "Needs default or compatible controller to override weather"
It means you can't change the weather with it, its just for the replays. With the new Pure Planner i'm developing now, everything is in one piece.

Last edited:
I don't realy get the problem. In your screens you showed me is a working Sol Planner app:
View attachment 677550
If you click on this weather slot, another window will open, where you can select the weather.

If CSP Debug's "Weather" tab says: "Needs default or compatible controller to override weather"
It means you can't change the weather with it, its just for the replays. With the new Pure Planner i'm developing now, everything is in one piece.
Thank you for all your help (not just for me, but for everything you do for Assetto Corsa). I rolled my PC back to a prior Restore Point, then re-did all the steps I outlined above to update CSP, Sol, Pure, etc., and now everything works-as-designed. Clicking on the weather tile pops up the full array of tile options just like I've been used to, and WOW the improvements you've made since Mar 2023 are gorgeous. Phenomenal work you've done. It's going to be hot here from Jul-Sep, so thanks to your great work, I'll be able to stay indoors and enjoy Assetto Corsa with all of your enhancements.

But what is not working? What do you see ingame? Please make an ingame screenshot with opened CSP lua debug app (switch to "weatherFX script" tab)
not fully aware if this is what is been talked about but in my weather fx there is no option controller script and i need that to open sol planner in game

not fully aware if this is what is been talked about but in my weather fx there is no option controller script and i need that to open sol planner in game
Please read this pdf. Install the newest CM! Click the download button and replace your current used ContentManager.exe with the downloaded one.
The have a look in the pdf again, where the weather controller is located, dependend of the used CSP version.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 63 29.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 27 12.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.5%