So what do we think of the "new" RRe?

Msportdan

@Simberia
Im new so haven't had a lot of experience with this game, but plenty with old simbin games AC RF2 GSC etc etc.

This opinion also is just based on the free content and a very early opinion at that.

FFB= Love it best out there for me atm
CONTENT=some of the best tracks in the world. Cars are mainly tintops with lots of LMPs, wonder if planned for any open wheelers?
AI=atm good challenging not afraid to overtake and fast, make mistakes. I like!
HANDLING=somewhere between shift 2 and AC (more towards AC) not quite RF2 imo.
GFX & AUDIO=some of the best out there too especially audio wow!! like the new UI too

well im gonna wait for them to fix the purchasing probs then ill be on my way to buying some tracks and cars.

One thing will there be a custom season eventually like race07?

cheers good work S3.. you have rekindled my faith in the exsimbin studio..

Last edited:
after the new Patch i had really a Bad Feeling of the breaks,braking efficiently was impossible for me......so then i started to make some adjustments on my Hardware and ingame
the key was for me "Brake sensitivity" which i set up from 50% to 90%
i use the CSP pedals V2 on the car Setup the Brake pressure is at +- 85 - 90%
loadcell is at 6
i discovered for me that the GT Masters cars without ABS you Need to adapt your Braking style into a controlled sensitiv Brake Foot.....no pull on the Brakepedal like mad.....and to be honest is quite funny to see in MP that other drives have the same Problem to fight against :D

After some adjustments I reinstalled my G27 while my T500 is in repair. Boy oh boy...I really had to get used again to my oldiegoldie.
Im afraid I am the only one who is not impressed with the "new" R3E. The major advantage was that I was able to buy the ADAC GT set for a very good price. The cars look awesome but they don't feel like they look. The only FFB difference between old and new is the road surface. On straight lines you feel more feedback from the surface. But in corners and during braking it is as flat as it was in the old version. While I have trouble to feel the car during the exit of the corner, the problems starts before the corner: braking.
To minimize the chance of a lock up I have set the sensitivity at 10%. But even than regularly the brakes lock up. During the braking I do not feel any FFB unbalance of mass moving / shifting trough the car. The same for the exit. At or after the apex I start to throttle up but I have to guess how much because I do not feel anything and visual I do not see any unbalance.
Just to be sure that im not crazy I raced rF2, AC and Iracing. In all three sims I do not lock up the brakes but im able to brake on the edge of tire grip. Same for the exit in corners: im able to drive on the tire limit. During braking I feel through the FFB that the rear of the car wants to take over the front: mass is shifting to the front wheels. In R3E I feel nothing, zip, nada. I have tried almost every setting. Started from zero all the way up. But the worst part is that I start to think im crazy. Looking at Steam everybody is shouting about R3E feels better than AC. At this forum everybody is crazy about the new feel. It must be me...and please do not get me wrong here: I want to enjoy this game just as much as you do. I just do not know what to do to get the right personal FFB feel in this game.

I just had a race (at least I tried) at Bathurst with the ADAC Mercedes and Audi and AI at 98%. I did not progressed beyond two laps because the AI bumped me off track all the time. While I wanted to be careful and braked early not to slam into the car in front of me, the AI didn't care and just bumped me off track, time after time after ti...After about 30 restarts I quitted trying. I started up rF2, with the megane and im able to drive 10 laps without any contact with the AI. Just to make sure im not crazy...(well...).

I don't know. S3 is creating heavy duty nice looking cars and tracks. The sound is good, the new menu structure is good. Everything is good about the sim but for me personally I just cant get the right FFB feel out of it. And that is a true shame.

Im afraid I am the only one who is not impressed with the "new" R3E.
G27 owners are having exactly the issues you report. Honestly, though, I'd give it a little bit of time before coming down too hard on it. There's a lot more info than there you used to be (remember to use adac cars/tracks to judge as others may not be updated yet).

Have you had enough time to tweak your ffb settings? That's critical even for people with other wheels. Out of the box the feeling isn't great.

Once you tweak ffb it feels very good except for the corners where the forces become flat on a G27 as you say.

think braking is spoton with rre. compared to other benchmark sims. You can feel the car shift weight and if you hit that odd bump, you have a nice little fight on your hands all whilst defending from the guy behind.. The locking up is good..

sorry I disagree they've done well here/ imo :)

Im not saying the handling is the best in the world but I think they have got the braking nailed.. more involving than other sims, where u just stamp really,.

Well, we will agree to disagree ;) It might feel fine for you and that's fine but to me the breaking feel is totally absent. I don't want to be throwing other sims into the picture here and comparing them as this is not the point. To me (and many others based on comments) the feel in the brakes is simply not good enough and I get 0 feedback. Sorry, that's how it feels (or rather doesn't) to me. I will play a bit with the brake pressure to see if things improve

After doing a lot of racing with my mate Ghovand it's pretty arcadish to see big drifts not loosing enough or almost at all any laptime. Overdriving the cars limits should not be as fast as driving on the limit. Putting the power down on turn exit and just powerdrifting out of it is not a style. It's a waste of resource. It's a driver error and should be punished. One should not be able to extract same amount of traction while powersliding out and driving on the edge of traction in modern race car. Plus the powerslide should heat up the tire.

Nor was going wide and cutting back in. The tires take no punishment at all. Braking for next turn is as if nothing happened and turn in also. Tires did not heat up or anything from overloading. I'm pretty sure tire temp is implemented if tire wear isnt, right. This might be lagging or something. Because there even were powerslides that finally managed to loose laptime, still nowhere close enough as they should have, but tire heat or grip was not lost.

And lastly, driving on the grass or putting 2 wheels of the road in very most of cases also did not result in any kind of big struggle if you keep your foot in. This is something you generally don't do and don't want to do, but it gives a shitty feeling to see other dudes car jumping all the way up and down with 2 wheels off and you still have no opportunity to overtake due to that. The grass is way rougher as in nonflat, slippier surfece then asphalt in real life then it is in r3e.

I like the low draft affect of towing another car, but it's a bit too low in this sim. The most you gain is about one tenth on a big stretch when ur inside three tenths. This is double less then circumstances point to be the case from real life from what I can see. I mean the draft is alright, until we reach higher speed. Let's say 170, 200 or more kmh. The effect of pulling you in should be a lot bigger at these high speeds then it is at the moment when you're 2-3tenths of a gap behind someone.

Last edited:
@Galin Dimov try turning up skid and scrub *audio volume*. It has become very important for me braking in R3E to compensate for how the brake feel there.

Tried it, didn't make much of a difference tbh. I also saw a "Brake vibration" setting in the FFB. It's currenlty set at only 20% and I think this might be the "magic"option. There however appears to be a bug and I cannot increase it....I mean I can, but once you leave the menu is back to default so basically, it doesn't work.

Btw, I compared brake sensitivity with iRacing. For linear brake springs iRacing uses a default 1.8 brake factor (~25% at half way brake travel) and this roughly equates to 0% in SimBin/S3 titles. I'm used to iRacing brakes on a linear spring so I setup mine in R3E at 0%.

I also saw a "Brake vibration" setting in the FFB. It's currenlty set at only 20% and I think this might be the "magic"option. There however appears to be a bug and I cannot increase it....I mean I can, but once you leave the menu is back to default so basically, it doesn't work.
Yep it's a known bug. I'd be surprised if messing with that changed your perspective on braking it's just a vibration in the wheel. You can get around it by setting the vibe multiplier to zero in the controller RCS file or change ffb effects to 4 I think it was in the same rcs file. Scroll up through this thread to find the comment on it.

I have rf2, AC and this and atm this is my favourite of the three, the car handling and ai are superb, tracks are so detailed even down to hte trees moving in the breeze and the cars look stunning, cockpit could be a bit better though. Because of the gaphics, atmosphere and ai i find this so much more immersive than the other two titles, shame there are no open wheelers yet though, that is the only thing that kills the experience for me.

I find the new update to be really great! The absolute biggest problem I have at this point is the ugly, unrealistic cockpits. They all looks like the same variations and feel fake. If you're going to create a beautiful and authentic car on the outside, then why make a ridiculous looking inside. Almost as bad as the big green, yellow and red corner markers.
You can adjust the seat then it looks fantastic

I tried a back to back compare of ffb between gsc and rre and I thought the feeling jn gsc felt flat. Rre felt weighty felt like u had a monster car at your hands. Ok maybe some of the ffb are canned in rre and gsc not so much. But did I really notice in rre?! my senses sure felt like it was as real as could be. Maybe some wheels are being affected. My dfgt feels good.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back