So what do we think of the "new" RRe?

Msportdan

@Simberia
Im new so haven't had a lot of experience with this game, but plenty with old simbin games AC RF2 GSC etc etc.

This opinion also is just based on the free content and a very early opinion at that.

FFB= Love it best out there for me atm
CONTENT=some of the best tracks in the world. Cars are mainly tintops with lots of LMPs, wonder if planned for any open wheelers?
AI=atm good challenging not afraid to overtake and fast, make mistakes. I like!
HANDLING=somewhere between shift 2 and AC (more towards AC) not quite RF2 imo.
GFX & AUDIO=some of the best out there too especially audio wow!! like the new UI too

well im gonna wait for them to fix the purchasing probs then ill be on my way to buying some tracks and cars.

One thing will there be a custom season eventually like race07?

cheers good work S3.. you have rekindled my faith in the exsimbin studio..

Last edited:
Absolutely, Steering 50% (never anything else on a wheel ideally), throttle, you can lengthen the feel of the throttle slightly by reducing to 30/40%, I use 40% fwiw, Brakes is such a personal thing as well, but typically I would use 50% on the G27 pedals and 100% on the Fanatec CS V2's , because you obviously have much more feel with the load cell.

Got to the Vehicle Settings and set up the steering wheel rotation to match your wheel max. rotation.
Also remember to disable the animations if your using more than 270, iirc, because it will not show more when hand/arm animations are shown. I use 540 degrees for example, so in order for me to see the ingame steering wheel turn 540 I need to disable the arms.

How can you not love these guys after this... Just...f***king this...Speechless.

10648348_775201569203026_1283588770109868049_o.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely, Steering 50% (never anything else on a wheel ideally), throttle, you can lengthen the feel of the throttle slightly by reducing to 30/40%, I use 40% fwiw, Brakes is such a personal thing as well, but typically I would use 50% on the G27 pedals and 100% on the Fanatec CS V2's , because you obviously have much more feel with the load cell.
then in my settings there is something wrong, I could feel the steering very late, with increased sensitivity seems to me much better feeling.

Coukl
How can you not love these guys after this... Just...f***king this...Speechless.

10648348_775201569203026_1283588770109868049_o.jpg
were is this from, what source.

is that a possible retro dtm pack???!!!

so far Im very impressed with this new outlook this game has.. and has taken me away from the stale likes of RF2 (its good don't get me wrong but its a slow process)

The 90s DTM teaser looks so sweet! I'd buy those in a heartbeat.
One suggestion for the R3E store though: How about making some content availlable periodically for test drives? e.g. a "Prototype Special Weekend" or "Track of the week" kind of thing. If you look at other games with a successful F2P business model, you see they are switching out the free content from time to time, to give members incentive to try something new and if they like it, buy the content permanently.
Kind of similiar to the Steam Weekend promotions where you can try stuff for free and buy at a discount.
I think that would be a nice way to get players to try and buy stuff they're undecided about.

So I finally got my new wheel and while I'm still getting used to it (feels very different to my old one), it doesn't take a rocket scientist to feel the immense improvement in R3E, color me impressed!
What the game needs now though is something to encourage people to avoid contact, something like iRacings Safety Rating system or Simraceways SkillQuant (or whatever they call it), something that makes people actually try to not hit other cars, go offtrack etc even in public races.

Hello,
is it possible to extend the time for practice, quali and even races by a couple of minutes on short term?
Everytime i become accustomed and am full of immersion suddenly the event is over and i feel pulled out. :(

br,
Tom

Last edited:
Right now, practice and qualifying length is determined by race length. If you select a longer race length, you also get more practice and qual time.
I think it should be adjustible individually. And please get rid of the vague statements like "one quarter" and "one half" etc. A quarter of what? Which official series does it refer to? And what if I want to run an endurance type of race that is longer than what RRRE does offer me now?
Individual sliders for P, Q and R are very much appreciated, more adjustability in single lap increments for race length as well.
And for the future, please also add timed races, like many Endurance series in the real world have.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 390 40.0%