So......lets talk AI?

Msportdan

@Simberia
So firstly I want to say good job on the AI (so far) suppose im worrying that you will ruin the AI like what AC has done to its AI. But to be fair simbin have always done a competent ai. I think theyre good they overtake you (unlike cms f1) theyre quite quick even on low 90s level. I would like to see them better RF2 aI.

However maybe we could just talk about points about the AI and what you would like to see, or how they perform.

*I would like to see them defend a tight corner (hairpin) if your right behind I like them to close the door on the inside. (anticipate your out breaking move)

* Not get bunched up that sometimes happens. when accident occurs I think?!

What do you think? had a good moment with them. ?

Please, the AI is fine, they are only bunching up too much and accelerate sometimes too slow out of a corner. I race exclusively against the AI. I might not be as wordy as Mr. Spooner, but I need not much words, to say that I never had these Problems he had.

So far I think the AI (when they're matched to you) are great! Race hard and fair.
Then please teach me how to drive because somehow they are bumping me off track constantly. The only way to avoid being contacted is to drive at the last position. Im able to avoid contact with them but The AI keep hitting me.
Please test this: Bathurst - ADAC GT - Mercedes SLS - AI =115 % - Get real mode with manual shift - Manual clutch - 23 AI's. Start a race at position 16 and hold that position and drive ten laps.

Hi , quite a new user to RRE but veteran of race Sims in general, must say I've had a fantastic experience with the AI. At the moment the best I've played against and easily got it to match my ability for a competitive race.
Only change if ld like to see at the moment is to spread the pack out a bit more,let those front runners get away from the back more.

Must add that I've only been using the adac pack cars and tracks,not sure if these carry improved Ai programming

@Bobby Kim I would love to test that for you but sadly my computer just isn't up to having that many AI. Plus how do you set them to 115%? I was using adaptive.
Did a race at Bathurst where I started mid pack and worked my way to the front. Never felt the AI were too aggressive. Got tagged once but managed to hold on.

Please, the AI is fine, they are only bunching up too much and accelerate sometimes too slow out of a corner. I race exclusively against the AI. I might not be as wordy as Mr. Spooner, but I need not much words, to say that I never had these Problems he had.

WOW - thanks a lot for your help. Now I know what the problem is: the AI is fine, so I must be a complete moron. :O_o:

I'm "wordy" because I want to explain my issues as clearly as possible. No need for this arrogant attitude. :thumbsdown:

And no - the AI is not fine. I do simracing for more than 20 years now and some of the the AI experiences I had in the last few days are among the worst in all that time. If you have read my postings maybe you have seen that I recently also had great races against the AI. But most of them were terrible. I'd like to know why and I'd also like to have it fixed. And I'm not the only one. So if you don't have anything useful to contribute...

Nobody said you are a moron. I started with racing games on the Amiga with Geoff Crammonds F1, but I don't know why that should matter or make my or your opinion more valuable. I am entitled to my opinion and I say the AI is fine. There's no reason do disregard what I said.

@Bobby
If they are bumping you, you are too slow. It's as simple as that.

What a constructive post @UOPshadow! Very nice!

But let me see... instead of bumping, a race car shouldn't overtake? No?
It was said hundreds of times the conditions to reproduce the problems...

For example, my case: Hockenheim, GT Masters > 100%AI. HAIRPIN

BUT, the answer: I raced at Red Bull Ring with no problems. (?????) Red Bull Ring is not equal Hockenheim.

So, I will shut my mouth if you show me a clean race at Hockenheim with GT Masters, NOT WITH ADAPTIVE AI, but using the slider!

@Bobby
If they are bumping you, you are too slow. It's as simple as that.

There it is again, your arrogance. If you had even read my "wordy" postings, you would know that so far I was still a lot faster than the AI but they were still bumping me as soon as I got ahead of them. The same was described by others here. Using adaptive AI didn't help either. At least not for me. I also wrote that. Next time before you write, I ask you to please read.

You see the video from Emerson? They just come up and push you around, no matter how much faster you are. And they do it all the time. In some races I was only able to finish one single lap as long as I kept myself behind the whole field. As soon as I passed the last guy I got turned around immediately the next corner. Not possible to finish one single lap within the field.

that's the ai?

I've never had this !?

Me too - before the update. Even now I had a few enjoyable AI experiences. GTR3 on Red Bull Ring was completely fine. Exact same settings, but GT Masters, again on Red Bull Ring, it was impossible to finish a single lap in front of the AI without getting smacked off, turned around, pushed off... I tried it several times.

All this is completely odd. :O_o:

please please don't tame the AI, just had a great race at zandvorrt, with swapping positions between 1st and second. Think a few tracks need qualy and race Ai pace balancing, as I got pole by 2 seconds but in race they were matching me.

I really do think the Ai will race clean if you do.. maybe there is some sort of adapting going on...

As for the case of these gentleman having issues, im completely bewildered..?! yes I have had the odd ai being unfair.. (tell me a game that doesn't) but it certainly doesn't ruin a race or is a constant bullying.

yesterday I've finally managed to try my adac pack...done one lap at oschersleben with the Nissan gtr and one with the Chevrolet Daytona...both with the adaptive inteligence enabled...I i don't know if it's because it need the famous three races to be calibrated but I've never seen such a stupid ai...they were always bumping me off the track...and that while the race pro ai on the Xbox is quite unbelievable for how it's real...sector 3 should work on this...wanted to buy the wtcc pack but i'm hoping it will not have the same ai or i might just get stuck at race pro or race. 07... :) :p

is it me or did it get hot in here.....:devilish:

What ever your current opinion is the only fact i can give that AI is still under heavy development.

We have made some AI code improvements but those improvements have not been implemented on all the track yet. Maybe @Marko Hartikainen can you give you a little insight on which tracks are furthest along.

But even then we have some way to go with the AI, working with Ai is sometimes a Pandora's box ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.