So......lets talk AI?

Msportdan

@Simberia
So firstly I want to say good job on the AI (so far) suppose im worrying that you will ruin the AI like what AC has done to its AI. But to be fair simbin have always done a competent ai. I think theyre good they overtake you (unlike cms f1) theyre quite quick even on low 90s level. I would like to see them better RF2 aI.

However maybe we could just talk about points about the AI and what you would like to see, or how they perform.

*I would like to see them defend a tight corner (hairpin) if your right behind I like them to close the door on the inside. (anticipate your out breaking move)

* Not get bunched up that sometimes happens. when accident occurs I think?!

What do you think? had a good moment with them. ?

brilliant!! love the little tap the Honda got and enuf to spin him !

what level ai u running mate?

tbf that last out braking maneuvure you did (almost out broke yourself lol!) I though the ai would come back across and wipe you out .. but it didn't.

cool thanks for the vid .

peter sorry to ask but what is your role in the team?
I'm an critical, most negative tester.
I do physics, wheels/ffb and AI most of the time. And chase George during MP testing.

I'm blinds for graphics bugs, wouldn't see it till it hits me.

And I'm one of the Steam sheriffs now to keep it clean and more mature.

Last edited:
My main problem with the AI is that they are inconsistent. Some section of the track they are slow and some other they are very fast, And some other time they are impossibility fast, ( impossible like not even setup's can make you go that fast ,,, its a freaking straight line wtf )

I'd like to report that the AI has changed with the last update - for the better.

I tried the same combination that gave me the worst experience before: GT Masters on Red Bull Ring, 23 opponents, me starting in a Nissan from the last spot, AI set to 110.

First thing I noticed was that the AI cars didn't drive all the same speed as before. The field divided into 3 or 4 larger groups with little gaps within these groups. And since the AI cars didn't interfere with each other so much (before the complete field was driving bumper to bumper throughout the whole race) the AI cars were faster in average.

The AI still tries to stick their noses into gaps where they absolutely don't fit, bumping me in the process. But at least they didn't desperately continue to push my rear end under full throttle around into a spin. Still I find it quite annoying as it happens too often to be realistic. This amout of bumping just doesn't happen in real racing. OK, maybe the "old" WTCC, but GT racing?

And once an AI car bumped into my nose from the outside when I was about to pass on the inside. We were about the same level, nose to nose, I was completely on the inside just passing the apex and there was more than enough room around the outside. And bang, the AI bumps my nose from the outside sending me into an immediate spin. Why? Why can't the AI just respect the players car when it is beside? Or was this one of the artificial errors the AI is programmed to make to make the race more "alive"? This kind of "error" would only happen in real racing when the other driver is either blind or stupid. Or both.

Since you (S3S) are so silent about what exactly you are doing with the AI, I can't tell what was the key factor to this achievement but now I'd call this AI absolutely raceable. Some minor improvements would be fine, but the offline race experience is no more the nightmare I had before. Of course I will try other track/car-combinations to see if this applies to a wide variety. As you might remember I already had very good races with other car/track-combos before. So checking other combos seems necessary.

But thanks a lot for whatever you did to the AI since the last update. Especially since some people desperately tried to make some of us (the ones that had issues with the AI) look like morons that just can't drive in a straight line. This didn't prevent you from taking us serious.

Best regards to S3S!

I've been trying the WTCC cars on Suzuka (and a bit on Hungaroring) with AI set at 98. I've noticed that the AI cars seemed to have problem with oversteer in long sweeping corners and corners where you enter with more speed, losing the rear. The first corner at Suzuka takes at least one car out every lap. The following section seems to be problematic too. There was some corners at Hungaroring that also caused some trouble. Did anyone else experience this? Haven't tried any other difficulty level yet.

But other than that I must say that the AI is behaving pretty well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back