So......lets talk AI?

Msportdan

@Simberia
So firstly I want to say good job on the AI (so far) suppose im worrying that you will ruin the AI like what AC has done to its AI. But to be fair simbin have always done a competent ai. I think theyre good they overtake you (unlike cms f1) theyre quite quick even on low 90s level. I would like to see them better RF2 aI.

However maybe we could just talk about points about the AI and what you would like to see, or how they perform.

*I would like to see them defend a tight corner (hairpin) if your right behind I like them to close the door on the inside. (anticipate your out breaking move)

* Not get bunched up that sometimes happens. when accident occurs I think?!

What do you think? had a good moment with them. ?

Adaptive AI works between race sessions.
During your first race the AI might be too slow, but it adjusts to your skills once the race has ended, so the next race they should be closer to your performance.
It might need a couple of Races for them to adjust perfectly.

But we are also looking into bringing back a Difficulty setting, so you can adjust it manually yourself.

The physics are currently going through some major changes.
You will start to see first improvements with the GT Masters 2013 pack that will be released soon.
But we will bring all our cars up to the new standard.

The AI itself does a really good job in overtaking and choosing their lines.
As you can see here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/raceroom-racing-experience-adac-gt-masters-pack-teaser.92092/

Are you braking too early? (pardon the sound of this :))

Erm...NO! As I already wrote in my postings the AI was a lot slower than me. It was me who had a hard time not to crash into their rear ends when I was behind them. Little by little I raised the AI ability. By the time now I'm at 110 and still quicker. After I discarded the adaptive AI I started at 100. I could outbreak the AI at any time - as log as I was behind them. As soon as I was in front for some reason they were breaking so late that they were capable of hitting me, even when i was a good way in front already.

Really, believe me: breaking too early is not the problem here.

I´m not using adaptive AI. Is this a problem? Maybe.
As I said before...try Hockenheim...>100% AI strength.

And what about this?

The first time I tried offline races I used the adaptive AI. It was the same as with the "other" AI I used later. No difference.

Regarding your video: This is EXACTLY the kind of strange spinning from minor touches I experienced. A slight touch you hardly notice and off you go like crazy without any chance of ever catching it. :O_o:

OMG, this is the thread I was just dying to start! I didn't say anything because I was worried I was people might think I'm being a hater given the game is still beta or something, which isn't true, it's a good sim, but it's comforting to hear loads of other people are having the same problem.

CORRECTION: I wanted to post a thread based entirely on what Arthur Spooner said.

Sector 3, please listen to people on this thread.

Edited to be less angry and a little less opinionated ;)

Last edited:
AI is no fun to race at at the moment. Bathurst ADAC AI at 115%, start at last position. First two laps are around 2:20's and I keep a fair distance cause AI tend to brake for no reason. I have no problem to keep at the tail of the 23 cars. The car at pos 23 can't take over the car in front of him. After three laps times goes down to 2:07's and still the train follows in the precise order. Then I make my move and I get up to pos 22. There is a small gap in front of me. Regular I drive around 2:05 so I close the gap fast. The cars behind, that raced 2:07's suddenly drank Red Bull and they are sticky on my tail. And before I know they bump me off from behind, from the side...as long as they can bump me. At this moment there is no reason to race SP.

I always raced offline before and learned to keep a distance.

I don´t know what you mean with this post.
I have hundreds of offline (and online races), and I know what is a good AI, what is a decent AI and what is a poor AI.

At the moment, we have a poor AI in this game, unless my game is unique.

And i´m not that stupid not to distinguish between bad driving (i know how to brake) and AI bad coding.

I don´t know what you mean with this post.
I have hundreds of offline (and online races), and I know what is a good AI, what is a decent AI and what is a poor AI.

At the moment, we have a poor AI in this game, unless my game is unique.

And i´m not that stupid not to distinguish between bad driving (i know how to brake) and AI bad coding.
hahahahaha don't call this ai poor until you'v tried other games it's true the ai is not great but try lfs or gt6 and u'll see poor ai they just sit in a line and ignore ever ones existence. gt6 for a mostly offline game suffers the most but the arcade physics and start from the back nature of the racing it is kind of ignorable.

Currently the AI drives in a mindless divebomber mode. Frustrating thing is that you cannot modify the .PLR-file to make the AI better. One thing I usually do with rfactor based sims is to halve AI brake grip while adding +50% to its braking force (or whatever it was called). It gets rid off the magic brakes making the braking more natural, ie. human like.

Currently the AI drives in a mindless divebomber mode. Frustrating thing is that you cannot modify the .PLR-file to make the AI better. One thing I usually do with rfactor based sims is to halve AI brake grip while adding +50% to its braking force (or whatever it was called). It gets rid off the magic brakes making the braking more natural, ie. human like.

Wow, I didn't know I could mod the AI in ANY sim... Thanks for the advice, I'll have to try and remember that :D

i dont think the ai is poor at all, only on adaptive. They have only just implement ai and AC have had it for ages and already r3e ai is heaps better than that in AC.

This I'm not so sure of... AC AI is far from perfect, but I think it still has a very slight edge. At least you don't go into wild spins in AC, but to be honest, I am slightly biased towards AC/GSCE ;)

AC ai went up naff creek, when people started moaning about that. To aggressive, and now its absolute crap!.. The first version of ACs ai was awesome I said on their forums my self. and they totally degraded it to something along the lines of cms f1 ai, don't overtake and are boring to race. Actually you will be ;ucky if the ai stay on the track on their own terms.

Pretty much made me uninstall the game and look elsewhere.imo Ac getting worse.

But hey kunos are new to AI. they haven't done bad... Just not what I want from a sim.

I played red bull ring back to back btween this and gsce. And there's not a lot in the AI I found them more unpredictable and challenging in rre. There's a few glitches with gsce ai like if they touch u they warp sometimes forward. Which was an old race pro glitch. Theyre good but not as good as people make out. Rf2 is the benchmark imo

Rre has a lot of potential buy if its wasted or not is the real question.

Wow, I didn't know I could mod the AI in ANY sim... Thanks for the advice, I'll have to try and remember that :D

This I'm not so sure of... AC AI is far from perfect, but I think it still has a very slight edge. At least you don't go into wild spins in AC, but to be honest, I am slightly biased towards AC/GSCE ;)

I get nothing but frustration from AC ai, they also knock me around but they also brake way to early for the corners and then have to speed up again to get to the corner, when turning into corners rather than smooth steering inputs the wheel swings wildly from lock to lock. I am sure it will get better with time though, but atm i am finding r3e the most satisfying from a racing and immersion perspective.

I get nothing but frustration from AC ai, they also knock me around but they also brake way to early for the corners and then have to speed up again to get to the corner, when turning into corners rather than smooth steering inputs the wheel swings wildly from lock to lock. I am sure it will get better with time though, but atm i am finding r3e the most satisfying from a racing and immersion perspective.

Fair enough, each to their own and all that :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%
  • < 5 years