Skip Barber for Assetto Corsa

Cars Skip Barber for Assetto Corsa 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Small thing.

I noticed AC skip has Toyo tires.

Real skip barber used bf goodrich.

If the model doesn't change I don't mind making the real tyre texture. And uploading here.

to be more specific.
they are BFGoodrich g-force tires.

Small thing.

I noticed AC skip has Toyo tires.

Real skip barber used bf goodrich.

If the model doesn't change I don't mind making the real tyre texture. And uploading here.

to be more specific.
they are BFGoodrich g-force tires.
Yeah I 3D modelled ours even counted the segments so it matched exactly to the real tyre took some work but was worth it. :)
56be464464f053913f7ce4337fad46e7.png

Oh you did the Skip for rf2?
Very nice.

Do you know the exact brand name of tire?
So I can create texture for the AC version.
No was quite some time the RF2 version I never made that car, although I do have official content inside the game,
Our car just a backburner project so to speak one day will see the light of day I hope, we even 3D modelled the engine bay and trans,
bfg gforce comp 2
upload_2019-5-16_22-14-46.png

First--fun car. Great work!

Next--if you aren't burned out yet on doing mods and want some ideas... cars that Assetto Corsa is sorely missing...
1. Formula-VEE
2. Radical SR3
3. Spec Racer Ford

I know you're aware of the minor things with the current version of your Skip Barber Formula car (left mirror, blurred wheels), so I look forward to the update.

If you want to go for the most realism, the real car features a Dog-box sequential gearshift without throttle cut (at least the versions I'm familiar with). Most sequential transmissions have a throttle cut so you can upshift without releasing the gas, while this, and a few other cars, require you to lift on upshifts to get a smooth shift. I think I've driven at least one or two other mods in Assetto Corsa that simulated this--if you upshift without lifting, there's a delay for the next gear to engage, and the audio helps to convey the incorrect upshift.

Iwas thinking about the Spec Racer actually... I love that little bastard!

Exceptionally well done, from the 3D model all the way down to the physics! Great job all involved. :thumbsup:
Just to add my .001 cents. A manual version of this car would be awesome!

I know everyone appreciates this car, and how great it is. Maybe you should set up everyone who worked on it and did a great job and give the team a name.
Then we could show our appreciation and have a place set up for donations. I think everyone involved should get something, plus If everyone involved stays hopefully together you might make some of our other cars possible in the future.
Just a thought.

Hi !! I dont kwon how to install. Thanks.

If you use Content Manager you can drag and drop install. If you're still using the default AC launcher you will need to follow a slightly different process as it seems the .zip contains all the files rather than a folder with all the files.
  • create a new folder called skipbarber
  • drop the zip file inside the skipbarber folder
  • unzip the file
  • If the .zip package is still there, delete it. If not, ignore this step.
  • Copy the skipbarber folder and navigate to your AC cars folder. It exists inside your steam install folder and the location should be something like: \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars
  • Once you are in the cars folder right click and paste so that the skipbarber folder is now in the cars folder.
Now when you boot up AC you should see a new car brand 'Skip Barber' along with the Skip Barber logo.

Hope that helps!
Cheers!

Daniel Jimenez updated Skip Barber for Assetto Corsa with a new update entry:

Skip Barber for Assetto Corsa

V1.1 Changelog:

• Aerodynamics changes
- Reduced aerofoil drags slightly
- Moved rear floor position slightly
- Changed floor sensitivities
- Combined redundant fins into one: smaller replay size

• Suspensions/chassis changes
- Corrected front lower control arm, tie rod
- Changed default toe slightly
- Lowered inertias

• Drivetrain changes
- Added inertia to hopefully simulate needing to lift on shifts: not supported in AC
- Modified shift timings to hopefully incentivize blipping...

Read the rest of this update entry...

If you use Content Manager you can drag and drop install. If you're still using the default AC launcher you will need to follow a slightly different process as it seems the .zip contains all the files rather than a folder with all the files.
  • create a new folder called skipbarber
  • drop the zip file inside the skipbarber folder
  • unzip the file
  • If the .zip package is still there, delete it. If not, ignore this step.
  • Copy the skipbarber folder and navigate to your AC cars folder. It exists inside your steam install folder and the location should be something like: \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars
  • Once you are in the cars folder right click and paste so that the skipbarber folder is now in the cars folder.
Now when you boot up AC you should see a new car brand 'Skip Barber' along with the Skip Barber logo.

Hope that helps!
Cheers!

Thanks !!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play