SIMTEK BMW M6 GT3/GTLM AMS

Cars SIMTEK BMW M6 GT3/GTLM AMS 0.99

Login or Register an account to download this content
Franklin Stegink submitted a new resource:

SIMTEK BMW M6 GT3/GTLM AMS - BMW M6 GT3/GTLM

View attachment 174783

V0.9 comes with the 2 version of the Bmw M6 race car, the GT3 version and GTLM Version.

Further technical characteristics of the BMW M6 GT3 are the drive concept, six-speed sequential racing transmission, and high-performance motorsport electronics. The aerodynamic properties of the chassis have been optimised in the BMW wind tunnel. The engineers worked meticulously to fine-tune the BMW M6 Coupé, which formed the basis for the new car and was already...

Read more about this resource...

Mr. Stegink, this is fine work! You're developing a reputation as one of the best. If I can balance this against the URD Corvette, it will make up for the release delay of your conversion of the URD EGT mod. Thanks for this!

Nice to see this mod in AMS!
But it feels like only ~200 hp for me. Max speed on Spa 205kph in the GT3, the GTLM is only slightly faster. Tried on Beta and official version, also redownloaded it, same problem. AI is not any faster. Anyone experiences the same?

But it feels like only ~200 hp for me. Max speed on Spa 205kph in the GT3, the GTLM is only slightly faster. Tried on Beta and official version, also redownloaded it, same problem. AI is not any faster. Anyone experiences the same?
The GTLM is not exactly slightly faster imo. @ Zandvoort it was 5" faster than the GT3, which I find A LOT faster. Have not raced it yet, only practice, but iirc at the end of the straight the GTLM was about 40-45 km/h faster it's GT3 sibling.

Edit: no tuning done on either of them, just stock...

Edit 2: seems I didn't recall very well. :unsure: Tested again, this time also @spa.
Difference in topspeed was only about 15 kph (GTLM reached 223 kmh).
Laptime diiference @ Zandvoort was correct.
So, indeed, both cars seem to be a bit on the slow side.

Last edited:

Definitely to slow at Spa 265 should be possible in normal GT3.

Definitely to slow at Spa 265 should be possible in normal GT3.
Agree.
Did another test at the Nordschleife, long straight from Tiergarten > Döttinger Höhe (reverse from normal) which should be really fast. The GT3 reached 226 and the GTLM 234 kmh. Definately too slow indeed.

Last edited:
First let me say Franklin this is looking really good this mod. The engine noise and sound of gear changes, especially changing down, is intoxicating. The GT3 model also feels real good on the FFB front (apart from I found both far too heavy at standard - sorted with realfeel).

Some constructive points I hope might help.

The GT3 and GTLM have very unusual throttle response from standstill. You can't spin the wheels and if you put full throttle and drop the clutch the revs just drop and you slowly start to pull away. Is this built in traction that isn't shown in the tuning menu? Even if it is traction pulling away from standstill doesn't feel right.

While I found the GT3 model to have really nice predictable balanced handling, the GTLM is like driving a different car. It's very prone to losing the rear end under braking and on the power out corners. Maybe they are supposed to be different this way but if I was to guess the rear needs more grip at low speeds or the front is providing too much turn in (it is very sharp) and throwing the rear out.

In cockpit mode, the front bonnet is missing and I think possible more of the outside shell of the car (you can see through the roof if you look left and right).

I find the GT3 absolutely lovely to drive TBH. FFB feels great and the handling also. A bit more power and it could all fall nicely into place but as it is I really really enjoy driving it. Really looking forward to seeing where you take this.

Agree that these are too slow.

For example, the blurb in the mod description says they should match real lap times (I realise this isn't an exact science) but can anyone get near these times from last years Blancpain GT3s?

Monza: 1:47 to 1:49
Brands GP: 1:23 - 1:25
Silverstone: 1:59 - 2:01
Spa: 2:19 - 2:22
Nurburgring: 1:55 - 1:57
Barcelona: 1:46 - 1:48

External sounds seem a little too quiet to me on replays, too.

Agree that these are too slow.

For example, the blurb in the mod description says they should match real lap times (I realise this isn't an exact science) but can anyone get near these times from last years Blancpain GT3s?

Monza: 1:47 to 1:49
Brands GP: 1:23 - 1:25
Silverstone: 1:59 - 2:01
Spa: 2:19 - 2:22
Nurburgring: 1:55 - 1:57
Barcelona: 1:46 - 1:48

External sounds seem a little too quiet to me on replays, too.

You can't the engine has no power compared to the real one.

The Boxer Cup is mutch faster than this gt3

First let me say Franklin this is looking really good this mod. The engine noise and sound of gear changes, especially changing down, is intoxicating. The GT3 model also feels real good on the FFB front (apart from I found both far too heavy at standard - sorted with realfeel).

Some constructive points I hope might help.

The GT3 and GTLM have very unusual throttle response from standstill. You can't spin the wheels and if you put full throttle and drop the clutch the revs just drop and you slowly start to pull away. Is this built in traction that isn't shown in the tuning menu? Even if it is traction pulling away from standstill doesn't feel right.

While I found the GT3 model to have really nice predictable balanced handling, the GTLM is like driving a different car. It's very prone to losing the rear end under braking and on the power out corners. Maybe they are supposed to be different this way but if I was to guess the rear needs more grip at low speeds or the front is providing too much turn in (it is very sharp) and throwing the rear out.

In cockpit mode, the front bonnet is missing and I think possible more of the outside shell of the car (you can see through the roof if you look left and right).

I find the GT3 absolutely lovely to drive TBH. FFB feels great and the handling also. A bit more power and it could all fall nicely into place but as it is I really really enjoy driving it. Really looking forward to seeing where you take this.

* Front bonnet fixed
* Graphical mirror fixed
* Visibility roof fixed

Last edited:
This is coming in the next update:

You can choose between 6 tire brands in showroom:
Continental_Tires.jpg
Dunlop_Tires.jpg
Hankook_Tires.jpg
Michelin_Tires.jpg
Pirelli_Tires.jpg
Yokohama_Tires.jpg