SIMTEK BMW M6 GT3/GTLM AMS

Cars SIMTEK BMW M6 GT3/GTLM AMS 0.99

Login or Register an account to download this content
Both versions are too slow compared to other GT3 cars and the predecessor Z4.
The regular M6 needs 1'11" more for a lap on the Nordschleife, topspeed more than 45 km/h slower !
The GTLM is a bit faster, but not by much and certainly not even close to the Z4.
Tried the M6 cars in rF2 and R3E and they are much faster than the one for AMS.
Is it possible to crank them up so they can compete with other GT3's ?

The GT3 and GTLM have very unusual throttle response from standstill. You can't spin the wheels and if you put full throttle and drop the clutch the revs just drop and you slowly start to pull away. Is this built in traction that isn't shown in the tuning menu? Even if it is traction pulling away from standstill doesn't feel right.

This problem/oddity is still present in v0.99.

The FFB is also bizarre on my wheel. Just trying to drive out of a pit garage is a struggle to not have the wheel ripped out of my hand.

This problem/oddity is still present in v0.99.

The FFB is also bizarre on my wheel. Just trying to drive out of a pit garage is a struggle to not have the wheel ripped out of my hand.

Lower the first gear.
You can edit it.

ffb settings are always difficult to make.
Some drivers are driving in the control settings with steeringforce at +100 and others with force at -100.
Indeed ctrl+8 is an option, or edit your realfeelplugin.ini.

Just hit RIGHT CTRL + KP 8.
Realfeel will invert FFB.

That is not the issue. The FFB is set correctly in terms of +/-. The FFB when making a low speed, sharp corner is extremely exaggerated. It is also not correct at normal speeds, either, but the problem there is much less severe.

Just like the Clio 2013, I have every confidence that Franklin will eventually get the right settings that work on all wheels and are consistent with the Reiza (excellent) approach. It is very tricky, though. It took many revisions for that mod, but it is now great.

The problem could also be primarily the physics settings, but some combination of physics and FFB is making it totally whacked on a Fanatec CSW. Every single Reiza car (and the 2013 Clio) feels like heavenly realistic and perfectly weighted FFB, so I know there is not an issue with my configuration.

I agree with Marc C - the FFB at speed feels pretty good but in slow corners it's almost as if the centre spring reverses temporarily and tries to accelerate the wheel. The Ferrari in the EEC GT3 mod is the same and the same workaround exists for it - increase the caster angle. You can however only increase the caster angle from 3.4 to 4 on this car so it's only a partial help.

Also as you initially leave the garage the centre spring feels reversed then as soon as you speed up a little it feels normal again. Not sure if the 2 issues are related?

This does indeed all make me think of the Clio too which turned out brilliant in the end after some weird FFB in some versions. Have similar hopes for this bad boy and wish I could be more directly helpful in solving the problem but I hope my feedback helps ;)

Cheers.

For my feeling (Fanatec V2 + (26cm Formula rim) the GT3 FFB seemed spot on.
I lowered the FFB via RealFeel plugin (again) for the GTLM when testing (in case you don't know: RIGHT CTRL + KP 9 (lower FFB) or KP 7 to raise it.
Everybody obviously has different feelings about how the FFB should be, but that's where the tools to adjust it come in play.

Edit: just took the cars out again, trying to replicate the "issues", but I can't. Low speed, high speed, hairpins, leaving pits, bots versions feel OK to me, steering similar to the M6 in R3E and RF2.

Last edited:
For my feeling (Fanatec V2 + (26cm Formula rim) the GT3 FFB seemed spot on.
I lowered the FFB via RealFeel plugin (again) for the GTLM when testing (in case you don't know: RIGHT CTRL + KP 9 (lower FFB) or KP 7 to raise it.
Everybody obviously has different feelings about how the FFB should be, but that's where the tools to adjust it come in play.

Edit: just took the cars out again, trying to replicate the "issues", but I can't. Low speed, high speed, hairpins, leaving pits, bots versions feel OK to me, steering similar to the M6 in R3E and RF2.

Yep, and there are cars that feel great with CSW and horrible with a CSW v2, especially in rF2 (related). That's why it's tricky to find the settings that work well across the board.

Try to open your realfeelplugin.ini

Look for this entry:

[BMWM6]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2500.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.000000
SmoothingLevel=3
Kf=6000.000000
Ks=5.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=7.000000

Try to change this one:
MaxForceAtSteeringRack

In the future i shall to learn also something about this.

Try to open your realfeelplugin.ini

Look for this entry:

[BMWM6]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2500.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.000000
SmoothingLevel=3
Kf=6000.000000
Ks=5.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=7.000000

Try to change this one:
MaxForceAtSteeringRack

In the future i shall to learn also something about this.

Changing that setting does not affect the problem we have described above. It only changes the FFB strength level (weaker with higher numbers; stronger with lower numbers) and the direction of the forces if they are backwards (which they are not).

I see ratings over on the downloads page mentioning this same problem, too.

Changing that setting does not affect the problem we have described above. It only changes the FFB strength level (weaker with higher numbers; stronger with lower numbers) and the direction of the forces if they are backwards (which they are not).

I see ratings over on the downloads page mentioning this same problem, too.

Oke.
I shall send @Marc Collins and @Julius triumphans tonight other test files.

Hello, Congratulations on the development of the MOD. I know several people have commented about this, but I would like to be more specific. The FFB have just one problem, I did several tests trying to fix the problem just by touching the realfeel, but it is not possible. The problem that is happening is that the car skids a little on the front, and at this point when the FFB should leave the steering wheel very light and with a tendency towards the opposite side of what is going the car, it is tending to the same side as the car is going only this that is inverted, something that provides the signal to the FFB, is sending the signal inverted, if you can fix it the FFB will be perfect, there is no way to fix this in realfeel I already tried everything. The FFB has a lot o functions, but just one function is inverted. There must be some script that is sending the signal to the realfeel. My club is trying to use this MOD for a championship, but will only be done if this problem is reported in the FFB.

Last edited:
Hello, Congratulations on the development of the MOD. I know several people have commented about this, but I would like to be more specific. The FFB have just one problem, I did several tests trying to fix the problem just by touching the realfeel, but it is not possible. The problem that is happening is that the car skids a little on the front, and at this point when the FFB should leave the steering wheel very light and with a tendency towards the opposite side of what is going the car, it is tending to the same side as the car is going only this that is inverted, something that provides the signal to the FFB, is sending the signal inverted, if you can fix it the FFB will be perfect, there is no way to fix this in realfeel I already tried everything. The FFB has a lot o functions, but just one function is inverted. There must be some script that is sending the signal to the realfeel. My club is trying to use this MOD for a championship, but will only be done if this problem is reported in the FFB.

I am honestly to you.

I am really good to convert some stuff and make it grafical as good as possible.
But the problem is to convert some physics, also the ffb settings.
Its not my strongest part.

The ffb settings are also standing at the suspension files and in the hdv file.
I always try to keep the physics orginal.

Because Reiza has choose to hide the hdv, suspension and the tire files.
Thats all what you need to have a good ffb.

Also a big problem with AMS is when you edit the realfeelplugin.ini and you forget to backup it before a update is coming you lost it all.

Somebody else must look at it.

Hello @Franklin Stegink ! Thanks for your mod, I'm really enjoying it!

I have two questions:

1 - The graphics are kinda heavy to my notebook. I mean, your M6 is heavier than Reiza cars. Is there anything I can do/edit to make it lighter?

2 - AMS v1.4.3 introduced driver arms in all default cars. Do you plan to include this feature in your cars as well?

Thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back