SimHub Shakeit Bass Shaker V3 BETA - Discussion

Mr Latte

Premium
Just an attempt in doing a thread to start discussing the controls, the setup for creating effects for the new Shakeit V3 Beta. Wotever (developer) has provided links to this in the Discord channel. Please note that this is not in any way an official thread for help from the developer or a place to use to contact him. :)

I do not attempt, to take away from the developer but if anything this thread may help alleviate some common questions he may get. Curious to see if people want to chat about or share different attempts at creating effects.

What I would like to share is the testing I am doing with the new tactile exciters I recently purchased and discovering how 6 of these could be used on the back of the seat. Ideally as this software makes it easy to control placing effects to the different channels.

Last edited:
Reserved:

Keeping the same RPM response curve and other settings.
Now we will only alter the frequencies used.

Highest Frequency Test

Determine Users Tactile -

• Highest Possible Operating Frequencies
  • Best Feeling Usable High Frequency
  • Suitable Gain Levels

Lowest Frequency Test

Determine Users Tactile -

• Lowest Possible Operating Frequencies
  • Best Feeling Usable Low Frequency
  • Suitable Gain Levels

With all 3 tests completed a user should better understand, what the ideal operating range is for their own tactile. They will also achieve balanced volumes for different (frequency bands) and how these are related to the operational performance and character of the tactile they use and the amplifiers powering them.

Additional - To Be Covered:
  • Different Response Curves
  • EQ and what it may or may not do for you
  • Crossover Control - What's it all about

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Please discuss "Audio Tactile" in the general tactile thread...
Anthony, its only going to confuse people coming here for Shakeit V3 Beta discussion or tests.

The focus here in this thread is with V3 Beta. Even if hardly anybody else has bothered to respond/reply. It clearly is gaining views and has followers.

I placed several "audio only" examples in the "general tactile thread" to highlight what "audio tactile" can bring and do. They all feel quite nice on the small exciters I have tested. Also it's about what it brings that is different. It is not meant to be the same or work like "telemetry tactile" does. Yes it needs EQ, yes it needs CO but they are aspects that can be implemented to get the most from it. In fairness, it is a lot easier to configure these things with an iNuke DSP based amp and protect it with proper wattage limits. I do agree the exciters could be easily damaged with an overpowering amp. Try to use a thin rubber layer in between the unit and the seat to dampen it slightly perhaps?

Telemetry tactile is perfect for the energy and reactions/responses from the various effects. "Audio Tactile" can highlight elements in important audio. Like a cars engine character, the tyre noise on kerbs, exhaust sounds, other cars etc. Combined I feel they can be great if implemented and installed well but thats perhaps a thread in its own for a later time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've moved the OT post to the other thread.

But just on the rubber layer, I was thinking of putting another layer of double sided tape to boost the height of the unit from the seat. However, the stock tape feels very hard to remove. Will I damage the puck if I try to peel it off? Perhaps I need to get a blade in there? I don't want to butcher the seat though, even if they go back in the same spot. Brand new seat!

Upvote 0
I've moved the OT post to the other thread.

But just on the rubber layer, I was thinking of putting another layer of double sided tape to boost the height of the unit from the seat. However, the stock tape feels very hard to remove. Will I damage the puck if I try to peel it off? Perhaps I need to get a blade in there? I don't want to butcher the seat though, even if they go back in the same spot. Brand new seat!

Which model did you buy and are using? For me some can maybe be stuck on 1-2 times and then they would need new adhesive back. 3M has some sticky back solutions, the problem may be if sticking a rubber layer to the seat, it then has to also still let the exciter stick to it. It may be replacing the unit and keeping wattage low would be best. Easy to clean the residue of the sticker off the seat.

Upvote 0
Dayton Audio DAEX32U-4 Ultra 32mm Exciter 20W 4 Ohm

That's the model, the ones you were listing. I got 2 of them to try out. I could grab another bunch and just buy a replacement one but for now I can manage to get it to work fine by making sure I don't overdrive it.

Upvote 0
Your efforts are very much appreciated Mr Latte!

Like many people, I imagine, my rig is a hotch-potch of different things acquired at different times, so your tutorial is an excellent opportunity for me to start from scratch and figure out what my settings should really be.

For reference current hardware as follows:
2 x Rockwood 100W 4Ohm connected to a Puzu DSP car amp (aliexpress special needless to say...)
2 x Rockwood BS301-L connected to iNuke1000DSP
1 x Reckhorn 200i connected to one of those little Lepy amps.
Output from the PC via an Asus Xonar and the mobo soundcard.

Standard 40x40 aluminium rig with OSW DD wheel.

Frequency test results to follow.

Upvote 0
Can anyone else not get this to work? I can drive signals to the sound card from any other program but not this one. This is from just trying to test:

[2019-05-28 20:02:41,948] INFO - Allocating FMOD output for Speakers (Sound Blaster Recon3Di)
[2019-05-28 20:02:41,948] WARN - System.Exception: ERR_MEMORY
at SimHub.Plugins.DataPlugins.ShakeItV3.Settings.Audio.Core.FModOutput.Check(RESULT res)
at SimHub.Plugins.DataPlugins.ShakeItV3.Settings.Audio.Core.FModOutput.Configure()
at SimHub.Plugins.DataPlugins.ShakeItV3.Settings.Audio.Core.FModOutput..ctor(AudioChannelSettings output)
at SimHub.Plugins.DataPlugins.ShakeItV3.Settings.Audio.SoundOutputManager.AllocateOutput(AudioChannelSettings output)
at SimHub.Plugins.DataPlugins.ShakeItV3.Settings.OutputManagerBase`1.AllocateOutputs(List`1 outputs)
at SimHub.Plugins.DataPlugins.ShakeItV3.Settings.OutputManagerBase`1.EffectUpdate(Double globalGain, List`1 effects)
at SimHub.Plugins.DataPlugins.ShakeItV3.ShakeITV3PluginBase`1.DataUpdate(PluginManager pluginManager, GameData& data)
at SimHub.Plugins.PluginManager.manager_DataUpdated(GameData data, IGameManager manager)
[2019-05-28 20:02:41,965] INFO - Allocating FMOD output for Speakers (Sound Blaster Recon3Di)
[2019-05-28 20:02:41,965] WARN - System.Exception: ERR_MEMORY
at SimHub.Plugins.DataPlugins.ShakeItV3.Settings.Audio.Core.FModOutput.Check(RESULT res)
at SimHub.Plugins.DataPlugins.ShakeItV3.Settings.Audio.Core.FModOutput.Configure()
at SimHub.Plugins.DataPlugins.ShakeItV3.Settings.Audio.Core.FModOutput..ctor(AudioChannelSettings output)
at SimHub.Plugins.DataPlugins.ShakeItV3.Settings.Audio.SoundOutputManager.AllocateOutput(AudioChannelSettings output)
at SimHub.Plugins.DataPlugins.ShakeItV3.Settings.OutputManagerBase`1.AllocateOutputs(List`1 outputs)
at SimHub.Plugins.DataPlugins.ShakeItV3.Settings.OutputManagerBase`1.EffectUpdate(Double globalGain, List`1 effects)
at SimHub.Plugins.DataPlugins.ShakeItV3.ShakeITV3PluginBase`1.DataUpdate(PluginManager pluginManager, GameData& data)
at SimHub.Plugins.PluginManager.manager_DataUpdated(GameData data, IGameManager manager)

Can't drive any signal to the soundcard or any others I tried for some reason, but I don't know why this would only be me. Not doing anything crazy really. Shame, this looks pretty good!!

Upvote 0
Oh man, this thread was a waste of

It's also time for concentrating more on my own build again.
Towards my own "Inception" and my attempts, with my own effects testing and custom installation.

Yeah so, doing more of this, rather than placing focus on the forums or getting involved with other peoples builds. Or indeed trying to convince them how to go about improving their own immersion, or making effects to help suit their hardware.

I have to step back, too many hours been creeping in again, being spent on all the posting and PMs I respond to and often the advice ignored anyways or some but limited appreciation. No hard feelings with those in PM it's just something I need to do guys.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is exactly the thread I was looking for, I just recently added a KW 908 and downloaded SimHub. Being able to chat and discuss with other member on findings, impressions and tricks would be great.
Finding the limits when at the beginning seem to be job one, keeping in mind that with tactile, less is often more.

Upvote 0
Not so many people using this, I think I am beginning to find the limits and that I will have to review my previous comment that less is more to change it to none is better.
This tactile gimmicks seems to be a big waste of time, with no interest from the majority of sim drivers, no support, the Discord is a ghost town, no proper tutorial or explanations of the best settings, let’s not even go to best practice.
In SIM, something not done right is best avoided, as it hinder immersion by adding fake, cheap effects, when our mind can usually bridge the gap to missing feeling much better than poorly reproduce feedback.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And that right there is the massive issue with the entire tactile sector of sim racing. The same could be said for motion but if you're buying a kit from a company you generally get stock profiles to feed off and go from there.

Tactile is such a jungle that it's best left to the people that don't mind smashing their heads against the wall in the hope that something might pop up on the other side of it. I love my setup but it's taken countless hours of learning, tweaking etc to get it anywhere near what it is. Add to that the effects I am using are not even mine, without those, I wouldn't be much better off than anyone else and I've poured a significant amount of research and trial and error into it myself.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back