Sim Racing Gloves?

This is the weirdest thing. I still don't see where the white flakes are coming from. The gloves show no signs of wear.

Is this normal?
20191227_072346.jpg

Upvote 0
I think it's the rubber lines on the palm. My Alpine Stars did that as well. I found some inside my HE shifter, which was quite annoying when I wasn't getting gear shifts. Other places it goes is in the channels of the 80 20 and around the gear selection gate of the Fanatec shifter. Little bastards.

Upvote 0
I think it's the rubber lines on the palm. My Alpine Stars did that as well. I found some inside my HE shifter, which was quite annoying when I wasn't getting gear shifts. Other places it goes is in the channels of the 80 20 and around the gear selection gate of the Fanatec shifter. Little bastards.

I've still not seen anywhere that shows wear, but it appears that they are done shedding now.
I've probably got about 8 hours of racing since I posted that.

Upvote 0
Not a hardware question per se -- But, it is about gear nonetheless. Do you use sim racing gloves? If so, which do you use?

I get bumped by my Accuforce quite a bit, but I rely on the keyboard quite a bit and don't want gloves to make it more difficult. Not so much hitting the right keys, but control/shift/alt combos get annoying.

Upvote 0
I get bumped by my Accuforce quite a bit, but I rely on the keyboard quite a bit and don't want gloves to make it more difficult. Not so much hitting the right keys, but control/shift/alt combos get annoying.

What I did was create a button box with large over sized controls and mapped the keyboard keys I needed to that box. For example there is a joystick for arrow keys with an Enter and ESC button to the left of it.

I did this for VR, but it works well with gloves too.

smartphoneholder_4608.jpg

Upvote 0
BTW, the picture with the glove droppings shows my pajamas, which are very comfortable in my racing seat. In fact they are so comfortable, I thought maybe I would get a nice set of comfortable sweats with pockets to use. Something like this that is a bit fitted. I frequently race in jeans, but I think this will be even more comfortable.

I saw a post by someone who just got a one piece Karting suit. Personally I think that is more than I want to deal with especially for pit stops :)

Upvote 0
I use gloves during the winter because, it's kind of cold in my basement, and I'm not a fan of having a space heater near a gas furnace and water heater. So I use a set of Mechanix gloves. They do the trick, and I have no problem with pressing buttons on the wheel, or my fightstick that I use as a button box while racing.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes