Sim Racing Gloves?

Boo!! Hiss!!! LOL!
So far I'm happy with my Hypergrips, but I've not tried the Kart racing gloves for comparison.

I'll stick with these for a while longer, but I'm not against trying something new out later.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Boo!! Hiss!!! LOL!
So far I'm happy with my Hypergrips, but I've not tried the Kart racing gloves for comparison.

I'll stick with these for a while longer, but I'm not against trying something new out later.
They just don't grip as well as Sparco karting gloves silicone inserts, so at high torque your hands start slipping and you have to really clench on wheel.
Plus this velcro loop on cuffs not that convenient and frays the fabric on index finger when closing.
I already had Arrow karting gloves when got Hypergrips, tried them a few times and just put them in the drawer.

Upvote 0
Bought some very thin leather gloves from TKmaxx for £5.
Very good and feel far better with a DD wheel.

Here are photos of mine...

IMG_5834.jpg

IMG_5975.jpg

IMG_5976.jpg

Upvote 0
I own a suede rim an wear bicycle gloves. Now I am replacing it with a momo leather rim but I think I will keep on using gloves. However I need something not so racing-looking but rather like street driving gloves made of leather. Any recommended models?

Upvote 0
I have a pair of Fox Racing gloves that I bought from Amazon for around $25. I use them for karting mostly, but also use them for sim racing fairly often. They're pretty thin, but they're tight and comfortable to wear, don't make my hands sweaty, and have some nice grippy material on the palm side so my hands stay planted. A bit pricey IMO considering how thin they are, but I do enjoy them overall and I'd probably buy them again.

Upvote 0
I used my Sparco karting gloves until they literally started falling apart. But that was after a year of kart racing and 5 years sim racing. I thought they held up so well that I bought another set of Sparco karting gloves. 3 or 4 years in and they're doing ok. Looking for a Sparco leather set next time and also to get some leather boots to replace my Suede karting boots that are literally on their last legs too even though they had even greater abuse

Upvote 0
They just don't grip as well as Sparco karting gloves silicone inserts, so at high torque your hands start slipping and you have to really clench on wheel.
Plus this velcro loop on cuffs not that convenient and frays the fabric on index finger when closing.
I already had Arrow karting gloves when got Hypergrips, tried them a few times and just put them in the drawer.

Thanks for the info. I agree about the velcro being a pain and my Hypergrips have worn smooth on the main contact areas. So I ordered a pair the same size as my Hypergrips which fit me well.

Slightly off topic, but how about shoes? My Puma Driving shoes are holding up pretty well, are comfortable and have plenty of grip, but are no longer available.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

After trying out some karting and racing shoes, I still like Pumas the best.
On second pair already, I believe it"s Drift Cat 5 or something, they keep changing their lineup, making it hard to keep up with new models.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

the Puma have a sole too thick. the karting shoes are better adapted with their finer sole
Which Puma and which karting shoes?
I've tried Oakley and Alpinestar, and Puma just much more comfortable, lightweight, and easier to get in and out in comparison.
There are different versions of Puma driving shoes, some have thicker sole, some thinner.
BTW, pushing heavy loadcelled brakes pedal in light soled shoes is not that pleasant of a experience.
I think Drift Cat 5 strikes the right balance between too thick and too thin.
But shoes are very personal thing plus everyone is using different pedals, so I don't see it as one size fits all.

Upvote 0
I don't know about any of you, but I couldn't imagine wearing high tops on my sim rig.

The Puma's I have right now have a pretty thin and flexible sole and so far I've found them very comfortable. They are also very easy to get into.

There are quite a variety of Drift Cat 5 shoes in terms of uppers, but they all seem to share the same sole. I was surprised to see some starting as low as 29.99 with two wide velcro straps across the top and up to $100 depending on the design.

The sole on the Drift Cat 5 shoe below doesn't look thick sole to me at least from the ball of the foot forward. It's all synthetic, but it looks like a nice shoe. This is the Ferrari model. Looks well ventilated.
ferrariRedshoes.jpg

FerrariRedShoes2.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years