Sim Racing Expo 2018: Day 1 in Review

and I think they haven't finished with the announcements
No, must be 3 announcements. This is #1.
Can't wait for the rest. You know, the rest is the best :roflmao::roflmao:
Amazing, Nordschliffe laser scanned in rFactor2. BEAUTIFUL must be :inlove:
Latter edit
Hmmm, I think I miss something. Must look closely :geek:
Sorry guys

Like I said other times IMO a sim racing game only needs GT3/E, some prototypes (right now DPi/P2), and some touring cars, you are done, focus on tracks and race rules now. I like racing on ovals but I'm not sure you can compete with iRacing. Open wheels.. unless it's F1 or Indycar you wont get that much people playing, see the USF2000 and even the excellent GP3 mod.
I'd not license GT4 yet, if that class end up replacing GT3 will take a lot of time, so much time they'll be replaced with new models and going faster too probably, but maybe wont even happen, seems like GT2 is the backup plan, GT2 is basically GT4 with a lot more power.
I can see people driving GT2, but GT4...? I'm not sure.
Once a GT4 driver racing in the US said on twitter that every GT4 driver wanted to drive GT3 instead because they are more developed, easier to drive. The reason they dont do is because it costs a lot more lol

Last edited:
IMO a sim racing game only needs GT3/E, some prototypes (right now DPi/P2), and some touring cars, you are done
Stadium-Super-Trucks-at-Detroit-696x472.jpg

Now I'm curious about the price of the Nordschleife. And a bit scared too.
Given that they apparently only just started, I expect it will be quite some time before we see anything.

And honestly, while I love Nordschleife, I don't really see the appeal of having it in yet another sim in laserscan quality, so don't really understand all the hype surrounding the announcement. I'd much prefer something more unique than that. In fact, they mentioned they've also got rights to Sudschleife and that they might look into building it after Nordschleife. That got me a lot more excited than the Nordschleife announcement.

Also, the target date for the new UI is apparently now Christmas or Q1 2019...

And honestly, while I love Nordschleife, I don't really see the appeal of having it in yet another sim in laserscan quality, so don't really understand all the hype surrounding the announcement.
Hello Martin,
...personally for me it would appeal, as rF2 on my PC has great physics, combine that with my TS XW Racer it has fantastic FFB, especially when I purchased 'Sebring' for rF2 which feels amazing, and to me a cut above the rest...only concern I would have with Nordschleife in rF2 is the optimization and being able to run it smoothly....having said that, after purchasing the early access 'Assetto Corsa Competizione', I am now realizing my old PC system specs are not going to cope with the future of Sim Racing and a upgrade of some sort is in the near future.

Last edited:
and I think they haven't finished with the announcements.
In the Twitch interview Marcel asked for documentation on the old Südschleife.

@Marcel Offermans:

Try rF1 or rF2 versions of the old Nords. If I recall right you can drive the car through the fences, the old track should be there to give an impression. Here's also background docu to orientate.

EDIT: Here's a YouTube impression of the track.

Last edited:
More free content from S397!
Surprised we've not had anyone moaning about it yet... ;)

S397 are going in the right direction. Get the UI sorted for a free Xmas present to all the loyal fans, give then some free cars and then get the wallets ready for the new track to fund the following content creation.

Will definitely support them and purchase the new track, really hoping they announce a laser scanned Le Sarthe though. That would be perfect!

Deep down, you have this uncontrollable obsession with me don't you, stop fooling yourself that you don't, in almost every post you seem to call my name.

but to me you're nobody.

As long as wet dreams don't come into it, I'm fine with that.

Have a miserable day.
Complete overreaction.The guy mentions your name twice and that constitutes harassment.And where did wet dreams come from,you think because he mentioned your name he's sexually attracted to you.I'm positive he has someone more well rounded and chilled out at home.

What about Historic BTCC
In my opinion the most intense on the limit battles in Motorsport and it hasn't been replicated since Toca lol

More GT3, okay :redface:

Rfactor 2 needs more Touring Cars. And classic ones are my favourites too. I will be extreme pleased with some TC content announcement, no matter what year.

I know people like GT but they're boring to me. There's nothing like a TC close battle in a online math or league.

Hey guys,

Been drunk a lot so not much posting, sorry!

At the ring atm waiting for our lap, got loads of great expo footage with more to come!

Will do some updates tonight... German internet is BAD!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back