Sim Racing Expo 2018: Day 1 in Review

S397 are going in the right direction. Get the UI sorted for a free Xmas present to all the loyal fans, give then some free cars and then get the wallets ready for the new track to fund the following content creation.

Dont get me wrong i love presents but a FREE Xmas present? wow they considered to make me pay originally but then decided to give it to me free? Thas awesome! :D.

I love rf2 but they need more people money or whatever cuz they are taking some years to deliver a UI to the rf2 holders, but its great they will deliver to us FREE, hahaha. :p

Dont get me wrong i love presents but a FREE Xmas present? wow they considered to make me pay originally but then decided to give it to me free? Thas awesome! :D.

I love rf2 but they need more people money or whatever cuz they are taking some years to deliver a UI to the rf2 holders, but its great they will deliver to us FREE, hahaha. :p
Ha ha. Well I'm just going by the dates they're releasing stuff and the fact that they say some of it will be free and some of it will be paid.

New UI is part of the upgrade so, free.
New McLaren cars for the Shadow competition so, free.
New laser scanned track, well, a lot of work so expect to pay something. ;)

Hey guys,

Been drunk a lot so not much posting, sorry!

At the ring atm waiting for our lap, got loads of great expo footage with more to come!

Will do some updates tonight... German internet is BAD!
Gave you a virtual beer as it sounds like you don't need any more real ones... :p

Thank you for all the work. I know some of it must be awesome fun but not only do you guys deserve it but it's always so informative in the writing for us to almost feel like we're there enjoying the event, chatting to Devs with the awesome F&B too. It's just nice for us that can't do these things due to funds or location to live vicariously through your adventures! :thumbsup:

So, today they made a new announcement, probably even bigger than the Nordschleife one.
They are introducing new shaders for the cars and the tracks.
Yes, the first thing that always comes to my mind when I fire up rF2 is "man, I sure wish this game had some more advanced shaders!" :p

As they were hyping the last and biggest announcement yesterday, I kinda thought to myself that the biggest and most hyped announcement will be they're finally getting rid of that terrible turquiose tint. Turns out I wasn't that far from the truth...(though from the screenshots it kinda seems like the tint might be here to stay...)

But don't get me wrong, if getting better shaders for the cars and tracks is your idea of the biggest annoucement, more power to you. Personally, I'm very underwhelmed, and the most exciting rF2 announcement for me is probably the three McLarens, even though I don't really care about F1 cars all that much, and then the vague notions of a possible Südschleife coming later, as well as the news about the new UI, even if it is still months away.

No, must be 3 announcements. This is #1.
Can't wait for the rest. You know, the rest is the best :roflmao::roflmao:
Amazing, Nordschliffe laser scanned in rFactor2. BEAUTIFUL must be :inlove:
Latter edit
Hmmm, I think I miss something. Must look closely :geek:
Sorry guys

I am happy to see it coming to rF2, but the laser scan has been made available for years now and we know many other sims and games already have it. A bit late to the party, though better late than never.

Yes, the first thing that always comes to my mind when I fire up rF2 is "man, I sure wish this game had some more advanced shaders!" :p

Actually, that is what most people think when they have fired-up rF2 for the past five plus years, even if it is not literally. Graphics are the number one complaint about rF2, so glad to see something substantial being done about it.

However, I will not get excited about it until someone tells me how long it will take to update all the existing content. Not the least bit interested if it only impacts the latest cars to be released.

Actually, that is what most people think when they have fired-up rF2 for the past five plus years, even if it is not literally. Graphics are the number one complaint about rF2, so glad to see something substantial being done about it.
Yeah, I see plenty of complaints about rF2 graphics, and I don't understand them at all, certainly not since the switch to DX11 was made.

rf2_GT3Pack_1.png

rf2_EndurancePack_5.png

This is without me even really trying to make it look good apart from the choice of the shot - it's the graphics settings I race with, so still quite far from the best settings available.

A lot of the content is kinda lacking in car, track and trackside detail, yes, but no shaders will change that. I like nice graphics, I don't really subscribe to that "I don't care about graphics in sims" school of thought, but I really can't see much wrong with rF2 graphics. Not anything shaders would change, anyway, see above. There are far more important issues to be solved in rF2 than nicer shaders and lighting, IMO.

And what would be these issues?
Physics wise is almost perfect, for many better than the competitors.
Sounds are great in many cars.
Graphic is ok for me and is going to be improved.
We got rain, night, live weather incoming if I understood well.
The new UI seems will be great.
Well, performance is still all over the place for many, both CPU and GPU related, which I don't think more complex graphics and shaders will improve upon, even if they optimize them really well. A lot of issues with multiplayer as well, almost every race there are people having issues. I mean, there apparently even seems to be an issue that kicks players out of the server if there are users with non-standard characters in their name. And more.

But great for you that you are happy with the game, and the new UI we haven't even seen will be great.

For me it's been a great weekend for Rf2 related news. Is improving in all areas, is receiving more content, Reiza pack will come soon (F-Vee is one of my favourites cars in simulation of all time)..

Great times.

How come Sector 3 Studio, is never at any of these racing events or at a Sim racing Expo.

We see Kunos, Reiza, iracing and Studio 397 at various race events

I've never seen Sector 3 Studio promote their title at any race events, and they only talk about their product, when its time for them to release a dlc.

Just something I've noticed every Year.

How come Sector 3 Studio, is never at any of these racing events or at a Sim racing Expo.

We see Kunos, Reiza, iracing and Studio 397 at various race events

I've never seen Sector 3 Studio promote their title at any race events, and they only talk about their product, when its time for them to release a dlc.

Just something I've noticed every Year.
Because of their connection with KW the product is there at many European races at the KW stand, with simulators. Which is what the game was originally created for.
Although it would be nice to see them at these events as well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back