Show us your Rig / Cockpit

I did a pretty major overhaul to mine this past weekend. Definitely non-standard but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out and it's a major improvement over my old setup. The base that the wheel mounts to is a little homemade desk type thing I built from wood several years ago, it will likely get replaced with a proper cockpit at some point but for now it's still going strong and serves its purpose fine.

This has been my setup for the last few years. When I built the original desk thingy I had not anticipated an upgrade to triple screens so I had to....ummmm....improvise. The whole thing had become quite shameful. :cautious:

1Old Rig_02.jpg

For the new setup I started with some basic computer desks from Amazon ($27 each) as the new home for the monitors. To that I added a sliding and adjustable keyboard tray and a little clip on mouse tray that pivots. I also hung some black sheets on the wall behind them to act as a sensory blackout, and put an LED strip on the back of one of the desk for extra coolness. :cool:

New Rig_02.jpg

New Rig_04.jpg

Next came the wheel base and all the accessories.
New Rig_15.jpg

New Rig_06.jpg

I got this smart little powered USB hub with buttons that I can use to quickly turn things on/off. The LED strip is plugged in here, as well as these two USB fans that I set behind the center monitor for added cooling during those heated on track battles. :confused:

fans_02.jpg

And now, the final product! :whistling:

New Rig_13.jpg

Keyboard and mouse can be tucked away under the desks.

New Rig_desktop_02.jpg
New Rig_17.jpg
New Rig_F138_02.jpg

Quite pleased with how it all came out. Not including the gear I already had, I'd say I probably put about $200 and around 6 hours into the upgrade which I think isn't too bad considering the rather drastic improvement it turned out to be. Here's what it looks like in action.

Here is my selfmade setup :)
Wife-approved :D
Frame is self build and very stable.
The seat is an original Recaro from a Sierra RS and can be adjusted to the driver.

The button box is a prototype and it will replaced with aluminium one.....
Here ive used the Fanatec original shifter mounting system and it works fine.

The V3 Clubsports are fixed to the rig.
Wheel and shifter are easy detachable and the rig can be moved easy to the right side of the desk.
Then the place turn into a normal desk working place.

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg

A work in progress...... I've been playing with it for around 18 months... Every now and then I'll change something or add something. I think I'm about there now. It has a fourth monitor that I add every now and then as well...... Time to start a new one out of steel....... TM300, TH8A Shifter and TP3A-Pro pedals. Does the job.

20170313_170517_zpshk9sc1ex.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20170313_170517_zpshk9sc1ex.jpg

20170313_170448_zpsrztu21nn.jpg

20170215_212110_zpstd2mlpbi.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back