Show your car

#winterrims

20190210-091406.jpg

Getting a lot of work done. Changing every fluid, chasing down every leak. New water-pump, timing belt, cam+crank seals. Trans+diff flush. After we're in perfect running order, roll bar, new wheels/tires, brakes. My goal is for it to be track ready this fall.
IMG_20190321_100031.jpg

IMG_20190318_151029.jpg

Engine looks great inside. No sludge top or bottom.
IMG_20190321_100012.jpg

I'll do shifter rebuild and new plugs/wires at home.

I wish I was technically able to do things to my car - nice one :)
Ha ha, me too! I work at a dealership, so the techs help me out. I wouldn't do the timing belt and seals myself. I've only replaced drive belts, plugs/wires, removed AC components. The most mechanically in-depth thing I've ever done is a valve adjustment on a motorcycle. Had to do it every 5,000 miles on my Ninja250.

Last edited:
Here's my 99 9-3SE.
I built the 2.3T based on the 9000 Aero block, into which I 'sunk' forged internals.
It is mated to a 00 9-3 Viggen gearbox, axles and suspension with the big brake kit.
The turbo was updated to the TD04-19T along with an ETS crossflow intercooler to keep temps in check after 'squeezing'.
A 3" stainless H/P with high flow race catalyst and custom muffler exhaust the burnt stuff.
I used my BDM to offload tune and re-upload ECU bin file to stage 2.
280 hp... 295 lb/ft and a fun commute.
Saabmat.jpg

Last edited:
This is very cool! We don't get the Scirocco here in the states and I have always preferred it to the Golf.

Well Colin,here in Holland its a little bit different,but also here you dont see much Scirocco’s.
The facelift models after this one are never sold here also...its quite a unique car now already.
I’ve searched quite a while for this one,because i wanted a 2.0 Liter (most are 1.4) Xenon,what most also dont have and a DSG gearbox.
And i love it,i think its a beautiful car,one of the best from VW,so im glad i managed too find this one.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back