Show your car

My "track day" car, Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV 1980

upload_2019-5-7_23-18-58.png

upload_2019-5-7_23-19-22.png

upload_2019-5-7_23-20-7.png

upload_2019-5-7_23-20-40.png

upload_2019-5-7_23-21-12.png

upload_2019-5-7_23-21-40.png

4 cylinder 1962cc custom built turbo charged engine, +320hp, 400Nm, custom Colotti dogbox, custom built suspension and more, around 950kg + driver. Raced and built by myself during several years.

Right now I taking a brake from real life racing, and enjoying sim racing instead :D

Not a left and right car, but it sure goes straight fast. 2000 Camaro Z28 with a 6.0 lq4 swap, big ole btr stage 4 cam with supporting goodies on 243 heads. Just redid the t56 also with some billet parts so it won't break again. Still on the stock 10 bolt and drag radials (it won't last long, but that is the next thing to be upgraded).

43820713_345592872859748_6195260296270221549_n.jpg

Not a left and right car, but it sure goes straight fast. 2000 Camaro Z28 with a 6.0 lq4 swap, big ole btr stage 4 cam with supporting goodies on 243 heads. Just redid the t56 also with some billet parts so it won't break again. Still on the stock 10 bolt and drag radials (it won't last long, but that is the next thing to be upgraded).

View attachment 305705

I still would like to get my hands on a SLP Anniversary Edition.

Ohhhh sweet you got it!. Track days are going to be quite epic.

Yeah I had it in my mind for a while so go it. Did Silverstone GP in the car and wow its mental. The cornering and braking is unreal. I haven't got my head around it yet, coming to a corner my brain just doesn't believe the aero will keep glued to the tarmac.

I ran a high down force setup so was pretty slow compared to other Radicals, but it was a safe setup. Running the car isn't easy as I expected lol. So learn't a lot from prep pre track day, track day running, all the equipment i needed to get to run it, and the data analysis to make sure its running right. And Oil changes on the gear drive unit every track day, and engine oil every 3. Its extremely interesting.

Here is a video from the GoPro. The car has loads left in it. Looking forward to Donington Park in 2 weeks.

3coupe_lftqtr.JPG
3coupe_rtqtr.JPG
It took me awhile to work my way up to every American boys dream car, but this winter I was able to fulfill my dream with a used 2016 Corvette Stingray Z51.
I started up the ladder with a new 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE in April of 1986. In 1988 I added a turbocharger to the 2.8L v6 so it now puts out around 200 HP and I also added some suspension enhancements. Fun zippy little car.
Ordered the 1995 Pontiac Firebird Formula Convertible the spring of 1995. Over the years I've added a custom two tone graphite and yellow leather interior with C5 Corvette sport seats. The drive train received a bit more power (416HP vs 275HP stock) with heads, cam, headers, SLP Ram Air, GMMG exhaust and a tune along with a 4.10 rear gear. It's loud, it's obnoxious, it's fun!
KO

Yeah I had it in my mind for a while so go it. Did Silverstone GP in the car and wow its mental. The cornering and braking is unreal. I haven't got my head around it yet, coming to a corner my brain just doesn't believe the aero will keep glued to the tarmac.
I ran a high down force setup so was pretty slow compared to other Radicals, but it was a safe setup. Running the car isn't easy as I expected lol. So learn't a lot from prep pre track day, track day running, all the equipment i needed to get to run it, and the data analysis to make sure its running right. And Oil changes on the gear drive unit every track day, and engine oil every 3. Its extremely interesting.

Here is a video from the GoPro. The car has loads left in it. Looking forward to Donington Park in 2 weeks.

Still, that was awesome! Man it would be a blast just to ride along as a passenger. I hope that there will be some coverage of Donnington.

So I am very excited to say that I've put a down payment on a 2018 991 GT3. It is Crayon Grey with manual trans. I should be getting it sometime during the next week. I have a few people coming to check out my Turbo S. If i don't get my car sold privately, it's going in on trade.

Last edited:
20190708_My93 good side_R.jpg
Here's my 99 9-3SE.
I built the 2.3T based on the 9000 Aero block, into which I 'sunk' forged internals.
It is mated to a 00 9-3 Viggen gearbox, axles and suspension with the big brake kit.
The turbo was updated to the TD04-19T along with an ETS crossflow intercooler to keep temps in check after 'squeezing'.
A 3" stainless H/P with high flow race catalyst and custom muffler exhaust the burnt stuff.
I used my BDM to offload tune and re-upload ECU bin file to stage 2.
280 hp... 295 lb/ft and a fun commute.
View attachment 303223
Sadly...a young, inattentive woman...possibly on her phone, ran into it this afternoon.
She did a bunch of damage underneath.
I believe it is done.
I just had the roof and hood completely stripped and refinished, in addition to installing Viggen seats and door cards.

Last edited:
Still, that was awesome! Man it would be a blast just to ride along as a passenger. I hope that there will be some coverage of Donnington.

So I am very excited to say that I've put a down payment on a 2018 991 GT3. It is Crayon Grey with manual trans. I should be getting it sometime during the next week. I have a few people coming to check out my Turbo S. If i don't get my car sold privately, it's going in on trade.

Oh wow! Congrats on the GT3! Get some pics up!

Donington was awesome. I know the circuit well but my second time driving the Radical i hoped for a 1:40 as that was pretty much last place in the bikesports qualifying session at Donington Park on April. Mostly Radicals race in that.

I was on used slicks and took some aero off. Front dive planes and dropped the rear bi wing. The car felt horrible. After some brake bias adjustment and adding rear aero it no longer felt so unbalanced and wasn't locking up the rear.

Anyhow trusting the aero now so my speed is way up from Silverstone. Now i just need to brake later and turn in get on the power quicker. Donington was harder on the body, peaking at 1.9g and sustained g throught the lap. My neck felt it.

Anyhow i got a 1:38. Here's a video with data overlay i pulled from the car.

Back at Silverstone with fresh rubber. Should be way quicker.

Would a used Bmw X5 be a good first SUV?
Im looking from an 03-06. Do you think I'll in general have problems ?

My family owned a manual transmission X5 3.0 about 10 years ago, I don't remember which year specifically but it was a pre-facelift, first gen X5, so roughly the same as what you're looking at other than some visual differences. It was a great car for us, my wife and I talk often about how we miss it. It had good road manners, handled reasonably well, and was the best snow car I've ever had.

If you get the 3.0, the M54 engine was very reliable, but had some common issues. The big things I can think of are vacuum leaks, particularly from the CCV system, and a somewhat weak cooling system. It's not that it doesn't cool the engine well enough, it's just that expansion tanks have a habit of shattering when they get old and dumping all your coolant out. I've owned three cars with that engine and not had any big issues with these, but my current E46 does lose a little coolant from an unknown source, and I had to chase some vacuum leaks.

I have no experience with the automatic transmissions or V8 engines in those cars if you decide to go with one of those options, sorry!

That's some serious rubber you put on there. Are you autoXing it? Track?
I would be lying if I said I hadn't thought about it. However the tyres are a legacy of the previous owner. They lived next to Goodwood, so it inevitably ended up as a track toy. I have done most of the work to get it more suitable for road use, but the tyres haven't had the treatment yet. Also needs some softer rear leaf springs to finish it off.

Interior was a little beaten from track use when I picked her up. I re-trimmed and cleaned the interior myself to get it back up to standard.

This is how I got it.
PxFaO56.jpg

After refurbished switches had been installed, rest was still a mess
0LeofN0.jpg

After the overhaul was completed
Ra57hKb.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back