- CSL Elite:         User - CSL Elite by ToddMcDanger.PLR
  - Driving Force GT:  User - Driving Force GT by BlackMarketBlood.PLR
  - Fanatec DD1:       User - Fanatec DD1 by The Iron Wolf.PLR
  - G920:              User - G920 by Jean-Paul Sarti.PLR
  - Simucube 2 Pro:    User - Simucube 2 Pro by Shovas.PLR
  - T300:              User - T300 by Paokkerkir.PLR
  - Thrustmaster T-GT: User - Thrustmaster T-GT by WesBrook77
  - TC-PC Racer:       User - TC-PC Racer by Machiavelo.PLR

For exampl,e you have a belt drive so I would start with the CSL Elite or maybe the T300, T-GT, or TC-PC.

2. If those don't feel good, you can always tune them yourself. If you're feeling shaking in the wheel even while the car isn't moving it's probably that "FFB steer force exponent" in your PLR is too low. Try increasing that number. A value of 1.0 is "natural" while less than 1.0 tightens up forces around center (put another way it sacrifices strength for big bumps for detail in small bumps, and more than 1.0 loosens up forces around center to provide more strength for big bumps.

3. There are other tuning options. Try this Question&Answer / Problem&Solution list of things to try to tune those parameters:

If you tune your wheel I'll be happy to include your PLR in the next mod release.

Good luck!

Hello and thanks for the info.
I will try other plrs.
For now I am using Fanatec DD1: User - Fanatec DD1 by The Iron Wolf.PLR however I have to greatly amplify the gain function compared to its original in order for ffb to be present.

I didn’t express myself well enough in a previous post. I tried the settings for CSL Elite, but there is nothing in the description about the settings of the steering wheel(pics in attach-this settings I use with DD1) itself, so the steering wheel shakes and jerks a lot.
Maybe one of the users has the settings of the steering wheel base, ie if Todd McDanger can write down which settings he uses. His CSL and my CSW are similar. The first thing I manage to arrange I will report myself, thank you and best regards.

Attachments

• csw 2.5 P&G.jpg
    csw 2.5 P&G.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 68
Maybe one of the users has the settings of the steering wheel base, ie if Todd McDanger can write down which settings he uses. His CSL and my CSW are similar. The first thing I manage to arrange I will report myself, thank you and best regards.
@ToddMcDanger are you able to provide your wheel software profile? I've been including wheel software profiles for a version or two to help people both at the driver level and in-game level.

Hello and thanks for the info.
I will try other plrs.
For now I am using Fanatec DD1: User - Fanatec DD1 by The Iron Wolf.PLR however I have to greatly amplify the gain function compared to its original in order for ffb to be present.

I didn’t express myself well enough in a previous post. I tried the settings for CSL Elite, but there is nothing in the description about the settings of the steering wheel(pics in attach-this settings I use with DD1) itself, so the steering wheel shakes and jerks a lot.

Do you have a CSL or a DD1?

A DD1 is a direct drive wheel so the strength would be set to much lower for him.

I notice in your screenshot that your Spring Effect Strength is at 100%. That may be causing your wheel to auto-rotate towards center. Try that at 0% to see if it helps.

What is SHO Vibration Strenght 90%?

Neither, I have CSW 2.5 (fanatec club sport wheel) one level above CSL and below DD1

SHO Vibration Strenght
Certain Fanatec wheels have internal vibration motors. You can set these vibrations from 0 to 100%. where 100% is the maximum vibration. these vibrations will happen when you brake hard and the ABS kicks in for instance.

FFB Effects Level="4" was trouble ,on 3 is ok with CSL Elite by ToddMcDanger.PLR
But strange,ffb is very weak.
I will play with the plrs settings.

FFB steer force exponent or FFB steer force output max first

can't remember exactly but I remember for sure 4 was problematic, adds very fake osciallation IIRC.

You can increase FFB strenght by:
* Raising FFB Gain
* adjusting FFB steer force exponent
* Note that car setup steering lock value will also affect FFB strength
* Lastly, there's additional multiplier in .hdc (if I remember correclty). I personally found that it is best to keep strength same in .plr, and adjust that per car multiplier.

Last edited:
SHO Vibration Strenght
Certain Fanatec wheels have internal vibration motors. You can set these vibrations from 0 to 100%. where 100% is the maximum vibration. these vibrations will happen when you brake hard and the ABS kicks in for instance.
FFB Effects Level="4" was trouble ,on 3 is ok with CSL Elite by ToddMcDanger.PLR
But strange,ffb is very weak.
I will play with the plrs settings.

Oh, okay, I may have included Brake Vibe in whatever PLR you were using and that gets enabled at FFB Effects Level 3 (High) I think. That means you'd have duplicated brake vibrations coming from the game + your wheel. See the README for how to disable Brake Vibe. That might help with one issue.

Last edited:
Hi, here I have managed to combine something so far.
I used plrs files from CSL Elite by Todd McDanger and Fanatec DD1 by The Iron Wolf, and I am quite satisfied.
I hope it will help someone else.

Attachments

• ffb p&g.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 68
  • csw 2.5.jpg
    csw 2.5.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 62
One interesting thing, I drive primarily Power & Glory-I love that mode (the favorite of all simulations) and only a few days ago I realized that it works in Vr.

And now I manage to install and run everything and randomly choose the first Hockenheim short track. I realize it doesn’t do a lap countdown or a lap time countdown. 3 times after that I went to reinstall everything again and every time the same.
Only when I insert the original gtr.exe from P&G mode does it work. And the first time I didn’t go to choose any other track but convinced that something went wrong during installation.

I guess there is some kind of bug with the short version of Hockenheim. The other two versions work normally. Same with the HQ version of the track.

One interesting thing, I drive primarily Power & Glory-I love that mode (the favorite of all simulations) and only a few days ago I realized that it works in Vr.

And now I manage to install and run everything and randomly choose the first Hockenheim short track. I realize it doesn’t do a lap countdown or a lap time countdown. 3 times after that I went to reinstall everything again and every time the same.
Only when I insert the original gtr.exe from P&G mode does it work. And the first time I didn’t go to choose any other track but convinced that something went wrong during installation.

I guess there is some kind of bug with the short version of Hockenheim. The other two versions work normally. Same with the HQ version of the track.
This is a known bug, Retrolux found it months ago. Long story short - Steam and CD version of GTR2 are quite different, so some content won't work correctly in Steam without adjustments (and I can bet you that there will be cases where something works in Steam, but doesn't in CD). However, I am pretty sure it can be worked around by changing track somehow. Also, there are many Hockenheim versions around - some might work correclty without doing anything.

BTW, for PnG plugin supports better H-Shifting emulation, check it out if you care about that aspect.

Are you saying HQ Short version works correctly? Knowing what exactly triggers the bug would be helpful.

Last edited:
PnG plugin supports better H-Shifting emulation

I guess you mean the misshift plugin or ?
I'll try to find him, probably in the misc section?
For VR, are you using CC plugin? CC plugin implements bunch of things in an attempt to improve both H-shifting and sequential shifting (combined with flat spots, this is the most important part of this plugin if you ask me). For H-shifting, it implements per-gear damage and gear grinding via transducers (see the plugin manual). You would also need to clutch or rev match, and you can configure behavior per-car.

Thanks for letting me know about HQ. Was hoping maybe GTR233 figured workaround out, oh well!

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing