Resource icon

Cars Shelby Cobra 427 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
I've tried to use the Shelby Cobra Competition a few times lately and it just wouldn't work - the race wouldn't load, I'd jump back to the launcher.

I re-downloaded the file and re-installed it but got the same result. The Cobra 427 (mod) is working fine though.

Can anyone help?

I have exactly the same problem with the Cobra 427 Competition. It happens under race conditions when another Competition is added to the opponent field. I can practice with this car, but I have no exterior sounds.

It would be nice if a fix was available as a lot of time and effort has clearly been spent on this car.

Great mod, I love these classics both in real life & in games. I`ve modified and rebuilt some V8`enegines IRL, so the first thing I do when I find some old V8-car is to open the power-files to check if they are as they "should be".

Looks like some files has about the same tourque-values in Nm as they actually should have in Lbs, in this case too. The powerfile here shows a 520Nm peak at 2700rpm while a 427sideoiler in street-manner (lowered compression & intake) would peak like 630Nm around 4500rpm. That makes a difference, makes it a wilder beast.
A dynotest of a stock 427 sideoiler from a Shelby Mustang 500. As you see it gives a bit moore than the "390hp" that was announced at 5000rpms. This enegine pulls all the way to 8k btw

from streetmusclemag.com/news/video-mustang-427-fe-side-oiler-the-soundtrack-of-american-muscle/

2015-09-08_13-48-40.png

Last edited:
@the_meco Since we now have real mirrors and rain and wiper, with the Light shader patch, it would be great if you could update you great cobra mod, so it could be used it with you cars as well, the mirror.ini is not right and the wiper animation is missing.
Thank you in advance

Edit: after replacing the mirror.ini in the 427 and 427 s1 by the mirror.ini from Kunos cobra, the mirrors are fine. :), the mirror in the competition model is fine.
Putting the wiper animation from Kunos cobra, makes the wiper animated but they are gigantic.:confused:

Last edited:
Kunos revised the Sound Engine and FMOD has been on a newer build since End of 2015 so basically All Cars that haven't received an Update since or any Soundmod from about before are partially broken. So this one needs updated physics (tyres) and sounds to work properly.

@Bram Hengeveld Is it possible to set a Message on RD for outdated Mods that clarify that they're partially or fully broken based on the Date of Release / Update. A lot of older Mods get bad Reviews but are still highly popular due to the higher download number and are undeservingly getting bad star reviews not for beeing bad but just outdated.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back