Resource icon

Cars Shelby Cobra 427 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
the_meco updated Shelby Cobra 427 with a new update entry:

Shelby Cobra Competition

This file is the same as the previous version but also includes a quick fix for the collider which was causing issues with the car scraping on some modded tracks.

You can also download just the quick fix if you have already downloaded the previous 1.0 version to avoid re downloading the whole mod.

You can find the quick fix file at the official AC forums.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Shelby Cobra Competition

This is an update to fix and issue with the front lights of the competition. If you have already downloaded the previous version 1.1 then you can find the fix over at the AC forums to avoid having to re download the entire mod.

The issue was the front light texture not loading the the high LOD, and so causing difference between different LOD states.

Installed these but they don't show up in AC, only Cobras that show up in AC are the two that came with the sim. What am I missing here? I put the three cobra files from this dowload in the cars file just like all the other mod cars I have. I stumped :(

Chris Strobel

Shelby Cobra 427 Street + Competition

Update 1.2

Physics:
-Added missing code in aero, drivetrain, engine, tyres, brakes, ai
-Competition car is now more consistent with the official S/C version
-Tyres updated as per latest AC updates
-Vintage tyres only for Competition
-Street tyres updated for Street and S1
-Performance tyres dropped (obsolete)

Graphics:
-Minor graphics tweaks and fixes
-LOD optimization for reduced file size

UI:
-New preview images
-Competition version now appears separately on the car selection screen

Sorry for asking, but will the Cobra Competition ever be updated to v10 tires? I just miss it... such a wonderful mod! I know you must be pretty busy... Thank you anyway for making it in the first place!

Well, you can use CM to easily add sounds and tires from the official Cobra. Works well for me. :)
Did that also as a temporary (hopefully) solution but the tires of the competition are not the same size.
so not completely correct :D.
And who knows, maybe they made the hardtop LM version also :geek: but thats maybe to much dreaming.

I've tried to use the Shelby Cobra Competition a few times lately and it just wouldn't work - the race wouldn't load, I'd jump back to the launcher.

I re-downloaded the file and re-installed it but got the same result. The Cobra 427 (mod) is working fine though.

Can anyone help?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years