General Shaun Clarke Mods....Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever checked the Video Section :whistling:

No, I don't, I'm sorry.

I'm sure you're very proud of your physics models, but if you just tack them onto stolen content then they shouldn't appear on this forum, imo.

I have a car that I made from scratch and tacked it onto a pCars model, but I am fully aware that it can never be distributed, but it was fun to make and I enjoy using it. Aphidgod has the same, a list as long as your arm of wonderful cars with stunning physics, but because he uses mule meshes ripped from other games he has the sense and decency to keep them private until such time that he has legitimate models for them. I don't see why you should be any different.

Maybe you could start a Facebook group for your kind of projects and keep RD clear for genuine scratch-built projects.

I think these are meshes originally made for rFactor 2, that he is converting and improving with permission. Not illegal rips.
If he can prove that and provide permission, fine. But as long as he can't he's playing with the exactly same ruleset as everyone of us here releasing mods on RD. Doesn't matter if it's his Ginetta GT3, his BTCC cars or some FB groups Drift Missile S14 Kouki. He and that little flock of unknown people he manages is not to use the benefits of releasing (or announcing a release) on this site with its reputation while not playing by its rules.

Right lets get this straight, once and for bloody all!!!!

BTCC Mod
Back in (god knows when without looking it up) I found this MOD on Assetto Garage I think while googling BTCC Mods. Paid for it, downloaded it, and then set about "finding" who actually made it. I traced this back to Andy Simmons from RF2.

He AGREED that we could work on the mod for AC, plain and simple, as long as we shared what we found. I did, but then there was a fall out of a T7R Member and him (not me) but he DID NOT ask us to stop working on it, so we continued.

We released V1.0 and V1.1 to the joy of the community, and still no comment from Andy, so we continued.

I released it on RD (was very Green then) as I thought, as I had permission it was classed as a legit conversion, but it got reported (although still one of the top downloads for RF2) so it go pulled, fair enough.

I have been asked time and time again to revisit this MOD by a shed load of THIS community so I will continue to do so.

I do not take another persons work WITHOUT PERMISSION and just "SLAP" my physics over the top, if I did that I would be rocking models out left right and centre.

The Ginetta GT3, if and I mean IF what people are saying, then again I am not aware of it. I know we looked at it for reference pointers, but that is all, and if people look (which they have done) there is clear ref from the original Supercup model, as shown some pages before.

Just like somebody else who is very very talented has found, he has moved his creations else where, due to some of the people on here accusing him of things he did not do and I don't blame him.

I know and understand this "place" is open for people to post their own opinion and views, good and bad, but like all homes, once you have out stayed your welcome you move on to better brighter things.

Like I posted on one of the news sections, wish people would "ask" in private before "throwing mud around in public"

I really don't care to be honest if this clears things up, just wanted to "state" the facts in public, as people love stating "fiction"

Regards

Shaun

Just like somebody else who is very very talented has found, he has moved his creations else where, due to some of the people on here accusing him of things he did not do and I don't blame him.
Who are you talking about? Eboo? Mantas? Malagoli? All had other reasons, and Malagoli quite openly worked with ripped meshes, just look at his blog.

btw about the talking to you in private part, what would that have changed? You don't believe us anyway it seems, we could overlay both meshes and you'd still ignore it. I get it you love those cars and want them in the game, and you got to love the attention your mods got, but that doesn't mean you play with a different ruleset. Boohoo, I did an interview too with RD, I'm still just a normal user like everyone, and so are you.

I was under the impression that Shaun's team did all modeling themselves for the car mesh on the Ginettas and just the improvements for the BTCC cars. From what I've heard it's looking more and more like those Facebook group drift mods, with the confusing explanations and all.

@AccAkut

So you have overlayed the meshes and they are identical?

I was under the impression that Shaun's team did all modeling themselves for the car mesh on the Ginettas and just the improvements for the BTCC cars. From what I've heard it's looking more and more like those Facebook group drift mods, with the confusing explanations and all.

@AccAkut

So you have overlayed the meshes and they are identical?

Unfortunately, its hard to deny (though Shaun seems to be doing a fine job of it).

I could try 10 times in a row to model the same thing from scratch and you wouldn't find such similarities.

https://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/upload_2019-1-12_19-29-40-png.285972/
https://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/upload_2019-1-12_19-30-3-png.285975/

That's clearly the same mesh with some changes.

If it's a paid mesh, used under license I'd assume, it'd be no surprise you'd find it in several places. Most the sims seem to be using the same meshes, and if they're not, let's say they take, uhh, "inspiration" from other racing games. :thumbsup:

That's just my opinion though. I don't know much about this matter.

@Kyuubeey We have worked on models that have already been produced and left alone. That has been clear from the start.

So Ginetta Supercup, GT4, GT3 have all been "added" adapted with permission.
BTCC Mod- Was a conversion from RF2 that I found, and again, gained permission to work on them, as AC Garage was selling them illegally, so this brought this to a stop as we offered it for FREE.
Seat Leon Eurocup - Again worked on a dead mod with permission
Seat Leon TCR - Adapted the Eurocup, to which I had permission
Audi TT Cup - Before Kunos released their version, again worked on a dead mod with permission
Vauxhall Cavalier 1998 + 1999 - Again worked on a dead mod with permission.

What the RD Community "fail" to realise and recognise is my aim, my goal of all this, right or wrong.

I have a passion for Grass Roots racing, which all SIM'S don't accounted for, as there is never any interest (unless you really talk to people, dig deep)

The average testing day (including travel, fuel, booking fee, tyres etc) tops £1,500 per session.

Now if there is very talented drivers out there, that simply cannot afford this, a lot of talent is wasted. To date, I have saved drivers thousands of pounds in testing fee's as they have been able to go to IZONE to test, but more and more drivers are buying their own sim rigs, and I am being asked to help them set it up for AC.

I have never been for fame and fortune, I have been only for helping drivers improve with cost savings (like my Ginetta G40 Mod) not in the public use, but being used by teams and others.

To date (only being doing this 2.5yrs) and tought myself have spent of my own money £3,000, travelling, hotels, fuel - attending testing sessions getting information, and all the "police is worried about" is a couple of triangles (if they get their facts correct) to bring as close as possible in a SIM real life grass roots cars, and I have been told, the Supercup is within 1/2 second of REAL LIFE TIMES.

I have never asked for Donation, I have never sold anything and I have never asked for fame and fortune, I have simply done this to provide a service for the professional drivers and shared it with us, the sim racing drivers.

This has obviously upset people and well I don't really care anymore. Times and things have changed and moved on, and although I get bitched and moaned at here, I have saved driver a lot of money in what I have done.

So there is my right and reason, maybe I have no right, but I have a damn good reason ( and Spoken to Ben) who created the Caterham Mod, as they want to use that as well, and he agreed.

So Police all you like, My goal and passion is so much bigger than just a mod on a sim game for us general / casual drivers to enjoy.

Shaun

and all the "police is worried about" is a couple of triangles (if they get their facts correct) to bring as close as possible in a SIM real life grass roots cars, and I have been told, the Supercup is within 1/2 second of REAL LIFE TIMES.

No one's taking anything away from your cause. But just because your cause is noble doesn't mean you get to subvert the TOS of where you publicly host the cars. The GT3 very, very clearly features remnants of the original mod's Ginetta base (for which you have permission) with a large number of replacement parts stolen directly from the PCARS model. It's not a question...

Also, just because it bugs me: lap times are consistently the easiest and least important metric to match in a sim.

Whatever your goal or whatever the benefits, if some 3D mesh has been illegitimately acquired, it's been illegitimately acquired. If these really are just adaptations of pre-existing mods that you use with permission, then I can understand why the mesh is similar.

I do have to commend you, that in just a few years, you're able to produce professional level physical models for racecars, to such a high level that it exceeds every single professionally developed GT-car package publicly available currently, that are so good that race teams use them for testing. And you offer some of it for free too, for us plebs.
I must be a complete hack, because I've studied these things for nearly a decade now and read dozens of serious books and papers on the subject, not to mention talked to a bunch of engineers, drivers and work's people in general and perhaps now I'm getting close to achieving over 90% accuracy in such types of cars. I could never do it with just a few years of experience.

:rolleyes:

Also, just because it bugs me: lap times are consistently the easiest and least important metric to match in a sim.

Sorry, from a real, and not 1, not 2 but 3 drivers and a championship winner and also used in the highest professional driving instruction in the UK?

Seriously, you are questions real driver that actually drive the car?

Have you driven a Ginetta G55 Supercup?

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back