Share your VR graphic settings

Something strange is happening with the resolution settings. I've found that the best image quality on the G2 for me is to have SteamVR at 20% (!!!) and then in ACC pixel density at 180-200% and resolution scale at 90% +/- for performance. That gets rid of a lot of shimmering I was getting with "normal" settings.

I'd have thought the SteamVR res would be the final res for the display but it is obviously still high res as the menus have not gone down in quality and edges are still high res, so ACC must be ignoring it somewhat.
Your discovery got me thinking so I lowered my lenovo explorer resolution from stock and found 40% was the sweat spot, I than raised in-game pixel density to 200 and the game looks great now, especially distant objects, resolved the weird floating car image and distorted rear tires.

I-5 9600kf
GTX 1660 ti
Lenovo explorer 60hrz mode

Last edited:
Hi,

I’m running a reverb G2 on a 2080. Using Andrew_wot ‘s settings have really helped. I’m running at 90hz with reprojection on and with an FPS cap at 45, and that seems to work quite well.

But, I tried going down from 90hz to 60hz to see what that was like. I can average 60FpS when running at 90hz. I turned reprojection off. But the performance was worse , and vrFps said that the SS rate increased compared to 90hz, but nothing changed other than the refresh rate. The same thing happens in AMS2.

any idea what is causing this? I kept the SS at 50% in steam VR and resolution at 70% in ACC.

i have tried to download the zip files and i can not get them to open. first it will not let me rename them. there is a .txt in the name but when i move them to the desk top there is only.zip not .txt in the name it just says .zip but is not recognized as a .zip file its recognized as a .txt file. then tried to download it from acc forum . i am a member said i don't have permission . wtf am i doing wrong i have been trying to get andrew files for 2 days now

Last edited:
i have tried to download the zip files and i can not get them to open. first it will not let me rename them. there is a .txt in the name but when i move them to the desk top there is only.zip not .txt in the name it just says .zip but is not recognized as a .zip file its recognized as a .txt file. then tried to download it from acc forum . i am a member said i don't have permission . wtf am i doing wrong i have been trying to get andrew files for 2 days now

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/share-your-vr-graphic-settings.160409/post-3350135

Last edited:
ok i go them downloaded now i got to user/ user/ then appp date dos not exist WTF... so i did not know this is a hidden file i googled it. now its all in there ill search the foreum how to load the .jason file thank for all the help guys

Last edited:
ok i go them downloaded now i got to user/ user/ then appp date dos not exist WTF... so i did not know this is a hidden file i googled it. now its all in there ill search the foreum how to load the .jason file thank for all the help guys

If you have put the json file in the place described in the readme.txt then you can load it whilst in game in the graphics options menu by selecting Manage Custom Video Presets,

Thought I'd share my settings for the G2 with 3090 to get 90fps with no reprojection in pretty much any situation.

Steam VR should be set to 50% for these. I tried 20% and 100% for a bit but I think 50% gives a slightly better balance in clarity.

Engine.ini is largely based on Andrew_WOT's with some tweaks to take advantage of the 3090.

High quality - Hot lapping / Racing at some tracks in good weather
Medium quality - Good for pretty much all racing conditions at most tracks
Low quality - Set up for Nurburgring at night in a storm, will still drop a few fps at first corner first lap though.

Attachments

• Engine.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 401
  • G2_3090_90hz_high.json
    1 KB · Views: 301
  • G2_3090_90hz_low.json
    1 KB · Views: 241
  • G2_3090_90hz_medium.json
    1 KB · Views: 286
  • readme.txt
    1,006 bytes · Views: 397
Thought I'd share my settings for the G2 with 3090 to get 90fps with no reprojection in pretty much any situation.

Steam VR should be set to 50% for these. I tried 20% and 100% for a bit but I think 50% gives a slightly better balance in clarity.

Engine.ini is largely based on Andrew_WOT's with some tweaks to take advantage of the 3090.

High quality - Hot lapping / Racing at some tracks in good weather
Medium quality - Good for pretty much all racing conditions at most tracks
Low quality - Set up for Nurburgring at night in a storm, will still drop a few fps at first corner first lap though.

Can these settings and Andrew_WOT's be used for AC or only ACC? AC looks good ATM, though I'm sure it can be improved. I'm still trying to optimize settings in AC but am just flaying around without a clear idea of which settings are helping and which are not.

I've got a G2

Thanks

• Deleted member 197115

Thanks.

Is there a similar thread for AC VR optimization?

The info I've found is a bit fragmented, and doesn't seem universally agreed on and a bit wild west as a result!
Link to the guide in the first post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Link to the guide in the first post.

Hi Andrew,

Any tips on how can I minimize the input lag?
RHI.maxmumframelateny
oneframetreadlag

Does it really help?

I'm running Rift S
AMD 6900XT
AMD 5600x

I want to put all my performance to minimize the imput lag.
At the moment I have stable 80FPS - 13ms latency ingame HUD
35ms motion-photon-latency (oculus hud)

RS - 70%
PD -180%

THanks!

Hi All, I have a question. I have enabled reprojection in the file default.vrsettings. Now fpsVR and ACC are showing ingame 45fps, is this correct?

When enabling the reprojection I have kind of flickering of the white characters in my dashboard, on fpsVR or on the menu items. can I change this?

I am using the Engine.ini from Andrew

I am on a RX 6800 XT + Ryzen 5800x + HP Reverb G2

br Chris

• Deleted member 197115

Thanks, but they are not mine to begin with, it's all started with @BlaKArg config posted in this thread, I am sure his was based on someone's else as well.
So it's public domain. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, but they are not mine to begin with, it's all started with @BlaKArg config posted in this thread, I am sure his was based on someone's else as well.
So it's public domain. :D

Fair enough, just you had said somewhere about putting them in the zip instead of on Google drive as some YouTuber was using them. Guess that was just linking to directly off your gdrive you had issues with.

Hi guys! I´ve being reading this thread for hours... thanks all of you for your support.

I have some silly questions. When you speak about lock to 60fps you mean put framelimit in game right? So you can tray 60 - 70 or so acording to computer specs, right?

I instaled ACC yesterday and after getting crazy traying to see something not blurred or lots of sttutering, I ended here.
I start the game from steam in oculus mode (in steam vr mode I get much less headroom performance in OTT monitor)
So if I want to change ASW and SS I asume must use OTT. Right?

I´m on:

Rift-S
Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 3070
16Gb @ 3200
Gigabyte B550
NOX 750W

• Deleted member 197115

No, not limit, you will get crazy stutter if not running at HMD refresh rate, leave framelimit alone. WMR headset can be switched to 60hz operating mode. Your Rift can't do that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back