Share your VR graphic settings

• Deleted member 197115

IMPORTANT: Set SteamVR SuperSampling to 150%, that is crucial!
Does anyone have definite answer on how to properly set up SS on WMR for ACC?
My observation is that SteamVR SS has little to no effect on ACC image quality, only hampers performance, but Pixel density in game does. So I ended up keeping SteamVR SS so it just closely matches HMD native resolution and maxing out Pixel Density in game.

Does anyone have definite answer on how to properly set up SS on WMR for ACC?
My observation is that SteamVR SS has little to no effect on ACC image quality, only hampers performance, but Pixel density in game does. So I ended up keeping SteamVR SS so it just closely matches HMD native resolution and maxing out Pixel Density in game.

It does make a difference, though not as much as pixel density in game. Your approach seems correct.

From my experience, it cleans up the details in the distance. If I set it to 100% and up pixel density to 200% in game, instead of 160% in game with SS at 150%, it looks just as good but not as clean in the distance (I can notice more jaggies and stuff that I hate). So for that reason alone I keep it at 150%. I used to do it the other way and I prefer this A LOT more. To my eyes, there's quite a difference.

• Deleted member 197115

It does make a difference, though not as much as pixel density in game. Your approach seems correct.

From my experience, it cleans up the details in the distance. If I set it to 100% and up pixel density to 200% in game, instead of 160% in game with SS at 150%, it looks just as good but not as clean in the distance (I can notice more jaggies and stuff that I hate). So for that reason alone I keep it at 150%. I used to do it the other way and I prefer this A LOT more. To my eyes, there's quite a difference.
Could it be because 160% x 150% = 240% SS
when 200% x 100% = 200%?

Could it be because 160% x 150% = 240% SS
when 200% x 100% = 200%?

Well, to be honest I am going by the load on my GPU and the image quality and not the numbers. No matter how I play with the numbers, there's a point where I can't hold 60 FPS at race start, so that's when I dial it back down. Having it at 200% x 100% eats about the same amount of resources, so I dunno. But good point!

• Deleted member 197115

Could be just the way pixel density and SteamVR SS are calculated. It is confusing as SteamVR is using image square area, thus square root of 1.5 (150%) is 1.22, multiply by 1.6 pixel density and you'll get 1.95, pretty close to 200%.
Still confusing how it works, there could be a possibility that 100% is not the real final native resolution as some image get cropped during distortion correction thus slight degradation of image quality when it's left at 100%.

BlaKArg’s settings, even being in 60hz, are the best I’ve tried. My 45fps settings are fine, but nowhere near the detail and comfort. I did bump up the texture to high and disable the auto sharpness, and also set sharpness to 150, car LOD to 95. Just my preference. Almost a shame that I can’t run in 90hz on a 2080. I am disappointed. But satisfied that it is playable and clear. If that makes sense.

BlaKArg’s settings, even being in 60hz, are the best I’ve tried. My 45fps settings are fine, but nowhere near the detail and comfort. I did bump up the texture to high and disable the auto sharpness, and also set sharpness to 150, car LOD to 95. Just my preference. Almost a shame that I can’t run in 90hz on a 2080. I am disappointed. But satisfied that it is playable and clear. If that makes sense.

Happy to know they worked for you!

I know what you mean about not being able to run it in 90hz... it's just not possible if you want to retain any clarity at all.
So I feel 60hz is a way better compromise than reprojection.

Please let me know if you make more changes so I can try them too and see if I like them. I ended up bumping car LOD up to 95 too, and also draw distance to Epic.

Can you really see any differences in texture in High? I can't see any difference even comparing Low to High, that's why I kept it at Mid.

Happy to know they worked for you!

I know what you mean about not being able to run it in 90hz... it's just not possible if you want to retain any clarity at all.
So I feel 60hz is a way better compromise than reprojection.

Please let me know if you make more changes so I can try them too and see if I like them. I ended up bumping car LOD up to 95 too, and also draw distance to Epic.

Can you really see any differences in texture in High? I can't see any difference even comparing Low to High, that's why I kept it at Mid.

These are the most recent settings I am using, based on your recommendation. 60hz, 150% Steam SS. Also, I have changed WMR experience options to Best Visual Quality. This gives the same FOV as 90hz and everything looks much better. I did not notice any drop in performance.

Attachments

• VR 60Hz.json
    956 bytes · Views: 105
Last edited:
These are the most recent settings I am using, based on your recommendation. 60hz, 150% Steam SS. Also, I have changed WMR experience options to Best Visual Quality. This gives the same FOV as 90hz and everything looks much better. I did not notice any drop in performance.

So, I found a situation where my FPS were diving like crazy: dusk. For some reason.

Determined to find a solution I started tweaking and not only did I fix that, I ended up with a much better image AND better performance.

Set SteamSS to 124% and give this one a try. Tweak to your preference of course, but it's actually based on your last settings. You will find the picture is more vibrant as well as I changed brightness and saturation so it looks closer to how it looks in 90Hz. Let me know! I'm excited, it looks better than any other sim with these settings!! As clear as iRacing with MUCH better visuals of course!

EDIT: I just tried changing WMR to "Best visuals" and it turns everything into a blurry mess. It looks really really bad. It does the same at 90Hz I'm not sure what's up but at "Optimize" it looks amazingly sharp and clean. I'm not even sure I see a FOV loss, so my settings might just be crazy.

Attachments

• New 60Hz.json
    988 bytes · Views: 87
Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

EDIT: I just tried changing WMR to "Best visuals" and it turns everything into a blurry mess. It looks really really bad. It does the same at 90Hz I'm not sure what's up but at "Optimize" it looks amazingly sharp and clean. I'm not even sure I see a FOV loss, so my settings might just be crazy.
That does not make any sense, but whatever works.

So, I found a situation where my FPS were diving like crazy: dusk. For some reason.

Determined to find a solution I started tweaking and not only did I fix that, I ended up with a much better image AND better performance.

Set SteamSS to 124% and give this one a try. Tweak to your preference of course, but it's actually based on your last settings. You will find the picture is more vibrant as well as I changed brightness and saturation so it looks closer to how it looks in 90Hz. Let me know! I'm excited, it looks better than any other sim with these settings!! As clear as iRacing with MUCH better visuals of course!

please where is json folder in acc ?

Hi BlakArg, I have Odyssey+ as well and I'd like to ask you if you can share with me the last versions of your files (engine, VR...) to try it. I'm crazy traying to improve the performance.

Thank in advance.

That does not make any sense, but whatever works.

I totally agree it doesn't make sense, but that's how it works for me. Even in these (although crappy) pictures you can see there is a huge difference in clarity and definition between the two options.

Look at the back of the Lexus (stickers, plate, etc). And you can't tell here but the difference is even greater at a distance.

Attachments

• Best Visuals.png
    Best Visuals.png
    791.6 KB · Views: 323
  • Optimize.png
    Optimize.png
    818.4 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
Hi BlakArg, I have Odyssey+ as well and I'd like to ask you if you can share with me the last versions of your files (engine, VR...) to try it. I'm crazy traying to improve the performance.

Thank in advance.

Sure man here you go. Keep in mind it's running at 60Hz.
There's the engine.ini and a bunch of settings so you can try what works best. The "Def" settings are SteamSS at 150%, the other two are running at 124% (I found better performance with no image quality loss).

Attachments

• Engine.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 100
  • Def PD.json
    988 bytes · Views: 83
  • Def RES.json
    988 bytes · Views: 83
  • New 60Hz.json
    988 bytes · Views: 79
  • New60Hz II.json
    987 bytes · Views: 86
perhaps blakarg found an unexpected setting!

I don't know how with ss 124% and 60hz work like that!
Idon't know if i'am in vr , really disturbing ...
Waiting to find the videosetting folder to try his ingame setting for the medal;)

To find the existing engine.ini type %appdata% on your Windows search bar and hit enter. Open the folder and you will be in AppData/Roaming. You need to go back to AppData, then Local, then AC2/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor.

Just replace that engine.ini with mine.

The Json goes in the ACC folder in MyDocuments, under Custom Video Settings. If you don't see it, maybe save your settings in ACC so the folder is created, and then just copy my settings in there.

• Deleted member 197115

That "Optimize for performance" WMR Experience option does make things sharper, and it's not only ACC, AC and even SteamVR grid as well. It does cut off some rendering area of the screen, you can see black border around.
So the rendering target is smaller than reported to SteamVR and I guess some downsampling happens that boost sharpness.
Good find, wondering if this boost is possible by retaining full screen resolution, just increasing SS does not have the same effect. :unsure:

That "Optimize for performance" WMR Experience option does make things sharper, and it's not only ACC, AC and even SteamVR grid as well. It does cut off some rendering area of the screen, you can see black border around.
So the rendering target is smaller than reported to SteamVR and I guess some downsampling happens that boost sharpness.
Good find, wondering if this boost is possible by retaining full screen resolution, just increasing SS does not have the same effect. :unsure:

I might not notice the decreased FOV cause I wear glasses, so you might be pushing the lenses closer to your face? In any case, the increased sharpness is a WAY better option between the two I would say.

Also I just finished some more testing and **** SteamSS, lol. I just dropped it to 100% and increased Pixel Density and I am at Automobilista 2/iRacing sharpness and detail. I think I am at 75% resolution and 190% PD. I also switched to the Default instead of the Aces filter and it looks extremely good. I will share the last settings tomorrow cause I am falling asleep... but it keeps getting better!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.