Share your VR graphic settings

• Deleted member 197115

I've played with your settings and upping resolution seems to help more than SS. Still, this title needs NVidia Ampere to look like AC in VR.

Very cool man, hopefully someone on reddit knows what's going on, or the WMR devs can chime in. It is definitely NOT placebo like that one guy suggested.

In regards to your last comment about resolution vs pixel density, I find that there's a point where the resolution improvements are barely noticeable (even setting it at 100%, which I can do while keeping pixel density at 140), but if you leave it at a point where image quality doesn't decrease very much (like around 75/80) and increase pixel density, it's an instant boost in definition. I was trying that just last night, upping resolution all the way... but it didn't work for me the way I expected, so it's interesting to know your opinion.

Give it a try, go back to around 75 res and all the way up to 190 PD and tell me what you think.

• Deleted member 197115

Fantastic work, man! :thumbsup:
Never thought it's possible to make ACC run like that.
My only changes are:
- frame limiter to off (don't need it in VR as it limits to refresh rate already)
- pixel density from 190 to 200 (felt that I probably have headroom for extra 10%, not sure it added much to IQ though)
- motion reprojection instead of 60Hz refresh rate. Personal preference as the way low persistence displays work they actually power on and off for each refresh cycle, this is why at lower refresh rate your image is dimmer and you can see faint flicker like from defective fluorescent lamp, which I am sensitive to. I am actually surprised how well WMR reprojection works now, barely can tell the difference if it's on or off. Give it a try.

My only changes are:
- frame limiter to off (don't need it in VR as it limits to refresh rate already)
- pixel density from 190 to 200 (felt that I probably have headroom for extra 10%, not sure it added much to IQ though)
- motion reprojection instead of 60Hz refresh rate. Personal preference as the way low persistence displays work they actually power on and off for each refresh cycle, this is why at lower refresh rate your image is dimmer and you can see faint flicker like from defective fluorescent lamp, which I am sensitive to. I am actually surprised how well WMR reprojection works now, barely can tell the difference if it's on or off. Give it a try.

Cool man! I'll try it later and let you know. Enjoy!!!

• Deleted member 197115

Cool man! I'll try it later and let you know. Enjoy!!!
Another interesting find, "Optimize for performance" not only looks better but also performs worse in AC benchmark. 3% loss on GPU frametime and 8% on CPU. :O_o:

Another interesting find, "Optimize for performance" not only looks better but also performs worse in AC benchmark. 3% loss on GPU frametime and 8% on CPU. :O_o:

It's very strange but there's no denying how much better it looks. The Oddysey looks amazing like that!

Also I can't deal with reprojection haha, it looks BETTER, but worse for me because it's just so noisy. Oh well. I'm fine with 60Hz. :)

My only changes are:

Hi Andrew,

In your case, using wmr reprojection GPU works above 90%? If I turn on wmr reprojection, GPU works at 75/80% with drops frames.

On the other hand, running on 60hz GPU works at 94/95% with no frame drops.

Im running HP Reverb, 3700X, 32gb ram 3400 CL14 and 2080ti

Thank you guys

• Deleted member 197115

Reprojection adds GPU overhead, it is well known issue, for whatever reason in my tests it's much higher in Always On vs. Auto.
Reverb LCD might work better at 60Hz, on Odyssey AMOLED it's almost unbearable for me, dim and flickery, and this is straight from the text book eye strain, blurred vision, and headaches recipe. Same problem as with fluorescent lights with bad ballast.

Reprojection adds GPU overhead, it is well known issue, for whatever reason in my tests it's much higher in Always On vs. Auto.
Reverb LCD might work better at 60Hz, on Odyssey AMOLED it's almost unbearable for me, dim and flickery, and this is straight from the text book eye strain, blurred vision, and headaches recipe. Same problem as with fluorescent lights with bad ballast.

Thanks boss

Oh and one more important thing for anyone using a WMR headset: I'm running under "Optimize for performance" in the Mixed Portal settings. I believe it may SLIGHTLY lower FOV (I really can't tell) but makes everything sharper.

I just finished another race and I can't believe I don't have to worry about changing settings anymore. I can finally focus on just racing lol.
When I go to my wmr settings, all I have for visual settings is automatic, low, medium, high and very high (beta). Am I not in the right settings menu for optimize for performance?

• Deleted member 197115

OK THIS IS IT. THIS IS HUGE.

Load these settings... set SteamSS to 230% (yes).

BOOM.

ACC so clear you can pretty much see individual pixels. :roflmao:

The name of the file says it all! Use my last engine.ini with this... holy crap. It looks amazing! I seriously just spent 20 minutes riding an AI car just looking around at all the amazing details that I had never seen before. If my previous settings worked for you (@Andrew_WOT, @somake) this is so much better.

SteamSS, sorry I doubted you.

Attachments

• WHOA.json
    1,003 bytes · Views: 141
Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Looks really nice. Thanks, I've only changed resolution scale from 72 to 75 and VR Pixel Density from 120 to 125%.
Chances are I will be spending more time in ACC now. :thumbsup:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 50 36.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 81 59.1%